Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final OL Room?
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we don’t draft an o line in the first 4 rounds. I still see mocks with us loading up on2-3 o line in the first 4 rounds. Makes no sense when we brought in 3 starters on 3+ year deals. I’m fine with smith, prince, etc as backups. If we bring Spain back we could pass on o line altogether and be fine. I’d still love to see a C/G that can develop and be a solid backup, but o line is no longer a necessity like some still make it out to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:26 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We can literally do the same thing next off-season that we did this off-season. Franchise Bates and then bring in another TE via free agency. 

Next year we will be drafting someone to replace whoever we take in the second round this year because the odds are against him starting as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
Even though our TEs will both be free agents next year I don't see us taking a TE in the first round.

I think the 31st pick is wide open. I just said I think we will not go O-line but if a really great one drops we might. I just think the team wants to get the most possible from the picks they used last year. We have been buying everything we need in free agency but at some point we have to get some production from draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Depends who's available. If Linderbaum is there then there's no way you can pass on him. 

Linderbaum is dropping for a reason.  He will require a very specific scheme fit.  A C with shotgun snap issues probably isn't the best guy for the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Even though our TEs will both be free agents next year I don't see us taking a TE in the first round.

I think the 31st pick is wide open. I just said I think we will not go O-line but if a really great one drops we might. I just think the team wants to get the most possible from the picks they used last year. We have been buying everything we need in free agency but at some point we have to get some production from draft picks.

I can see them drafting TE high next year, especially since we have Hurst signed TE is loaded next year in the draft. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:51 AM)Whatever Wrote: Linderbaum is dropping for a reason.  He will require a very specific scheme fit.  A C with shotgun snap issues probably isn't the best guy for the Bengals.  

He plays zone scheme which is what we do.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:35 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we don’t draft an o line in the first 4 rounds. I still see mocks with us loading up on2-3 o line in the first 4 rounds. Makes no sense when we brought in 3 starters on 3+ year deals. I’m fine with smith, prince, etc as backups. If we bring Spain back we could pass on o line altogether and be fine. I’d still love to see a C/G that can develop and be a solid backup, but o line is no longer a necessity like some still make it out to be.

I agree. For some reason the media is still caught up on this. We have atleast an average line right now and need help elsewhere. I think IDL, S, CB, TE, WR, and RB are positions in far greater need.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:08 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He plays zone scheme which is what we do.

He plays wide zone, but some are speculating that will be incorporating more inside zone and man-power concepts into the run game based on our FA adds.

Also keep in mind as far as fit goes that Linderbaum played in an offense that ran over 55% of the time, used a lot of Ace and I-form sets, and primarily ran screens and play action from under center in the passing game.  That is a complete 180 from the Bengals offense.  
Reply/Quote
I think they go defense in the first,and very possibly,second round as well.I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t draft OL at all.It appears they are completely satisfied,and confident with where they are with the OL,but,they might surprise us.At least it would surprise me if they use one of the top picks on the OL.I would go after Tretter in order to really make this OL complete,but I don’t see that happening.Not even sure if he’s still available.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think we pass on O-line in first round.  Every guy we signed was a multi-year deal.  We have two guys we just drafted last year that that could develop this year.

Meanwhile both our safeties will be free agents next year and we have nothing behind them. Our top 2 TEs will also be free agents next year..

I agree with Fred here. In a G as the 1st round pick scenario, someone is sitting. Either a 2nd round pick or a 1st round pick and that while we shouldn't care, is conceding Carman being a mistake. Carman not starting from losing out to a Vet gives the "development" cover for at least another year. 

I think we avoid Guard until day 3. Carman will get competition, but if he gets beat out by someone other than a vet, it'll be from a draft pick they "stole" in the late rounds. Carman getting beat out by a late round steal is a wash. Or at least we can spin it as such to just move on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario would be one of the wanted QB's to drop and a QB needing team (one with a bad record) trading with the Bengals to get him and sending the Bengals their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks to do it. Something like that would be nice.
Reply/Quote