Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Pre-Draft Mock
Well decided to give Draft Network Simulator a final shot before the actual draft and have to admit if our draft comes remotely close to this I will be thrilled.

Round 1 - 11th Overall Selection:
[Image: 23552750.jpg]

Dwayne Haskins - QB - Ohio State - 6'3" 231:

As most know I am an Andy Dalton fan and had no intention of drafting a QB here and actually would have liked to have seen Jawaan Taylor available here. However, he was off the board and Haskins was there. The theme we are hearing is a New Day. Well if we are going to makes changes lets go all the way. Haskins can make every throw and has NFL arm strength matched with NFL accuracy. If he clearly beats out Dalton then he starts. If it is close let him sit and learn for a season. Either way he will be the new face of the franchise and is a class young man to go with it.

Round 2 - 42nd Overall Selection:
[Image: wilson-athletic.jpg]

Mack Wilson - LB - Alabama - 6'1" 240:

I know many are in love with the two Devins but personally I think Wilson will be one of the best LBs to come out of this draft. Wilson ran a high 4.6 at his Pro Day which is very good given the ability he brings with the speed. I look for Wilson to eventually be the starting MLB in the base and stays on the field all 3 downs. With Brown back Wilson could be the starting WLB this season with a move inside in nickel downs. Instant upgrade to our LBing corp.

Round 3 - 72nd Overall Selection:
[Image: tackle-tytus-howard-of-alabama-state-of-...1132412005]

Tytus Howard - OT - Alabama State - 6'5" 322:

I would have liked to have seen an OT before now but am thrilled to make this selection. Yep Alabama State. This kids star is on the rise and I look for him to unseat Hart as the starting RT. I also think he is a candidate to be our future LT. Sure there is work to do. He is going to have to continue to get stronger and polish his technique but his upside is huge. He showed against Auburn that he can handle competing against the best. I look for him to man an OT position for this franchise for a long time.

Round 4 - 110th Overall Selection:
[Image: 9945595.jpeg]

Josh Oliver - TE- San Jose State - 6'5" 249:

Oliver should be a great addition to the TE room. Should fit well with Eifert and Uzomah. Oliver is a threat against a defense at every level. Can stretch the field and is a match up nightmare. Has flashed the ability to be a very capable in line blocker and has shown himself willing so improving this area of his game should not be an issue. Should push for reps as a receiver on day 1.

Round 5 - 149th Overall Selection:
[Image: december-12-2018-fort-worth-txhouston-co...R9GJTF.jpg]

Emeke Egbule - LB - Houston - 6'2" 245:

As happy as I was to get Wilson in the 2nd I am almost as happy to get Egbule at this point. He is the model of the modern day LB. Big, fast, and can cover. Explosive and fluid with good length. Will need to polish up some things such as being a better wrap up tackler but these things can be coached. 2 INTs and 5 pass breaks ups his final season. Great addition and upgrade to this unit.

Round 6 - 183rd Overall Selection:
[Image: 636103560116041087-092416-MIAMI-BEARCATS...5&fit=crop]

Cortez Broughton - DT - Cincinnati - 6'2" 285:

The one thing we miss when Geno is on the field is the explosive inside push he gives. Cortez should be able to ease the pain when Geno takes a breather. Broughton is just starting to blossom as an inside rusher and who better to learn from than the ultimate pro that is Geno. Cortez is a guy that should really benefit from NFL coaching and weight training and has showed flashes of being a dominant inside rusher.

Round 6 - 198th Overall Selection:
[Image: MikeWeber_2018_1.jpg?itok=Ou-FvFzS]

Mike Weber - RB - Ohio State - 5'10" 211:

All Weber did was perform at a high level every time the ball was in his hands. He has show himself a capable receiver out of the backfield. He has the ability to get to the edge, the speed to run away in the open field, and the power to run over you inside. Just a good all around RB prospect that should be a great fit with Mixon and Gio. A big part of the game of Weber reminds me of Rudi.

Round 6 - 210th Overall Selection:
[Image: 003_NSU_1_Jazz_Ferguson.jpg]

Jazz Ferguson - WR - Northwestern State - 6'5" 227:

Sure his collegiate career started out with some bumps in the road but he got things straightened out and has been a model student athlete since then. His size, length, speed combination is elite. Ran a legit 4.45 at the combine and has shown elite ball skills. I would really like to see what Taylor and Callahan can do with the skillset of this young man.

Round 6 - 211th Overall Selection:
[Image: 890568122.jpg.0.jpg]

Derwin Gray - T/G - Maryland - 6'4" 320:

May not have ideal height for OT but certainly has the length and played LT at the collegiate level. He is a big man with good movement skills. I would not count him out of a RT position at the NFL level but could also be an outstanding RG. As powerful as he is he will need to improve some technique in the run blocking game. Great addition to the O line unit and if not a starter adds great versatility coming off the bench as a swing man.

Round 6 - 213th Overall Selection:
[Image: 7645230.jpg]

Jordan Miller - CB - Washington - 6'1" 186:

Miller checks the boxes you like to see checked for the position. However, he will need to add strength to go with the size, speed, and length combination. Has shown good ball skills and good hips but will have to add functional strength to be a consistent contributor at the NFL level.

Round 7 - 223rd Overall Selection:
[Image: 09192015-Huskies_79-780x556.jpg]

Greg Gaines - DT - Washington - 6'1" 312:

Gaines is just a big powerful defender that gives absolute effort every time he walks on the field. Very good anchor and can eat up blocks. Should be a great rotational nose defender especially against the running game.

Well there you have it. Final shot at it before the draft.

WHO DEY!

Reply/Quote