Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading those 6th rounders!
I know people talk about trading some of the 6th round picks to move up earlier in the draft. It's pretty easy to google a trade value chart but for shits and giggles I wanted to see what we could get for all 5 6th round picks.

Trade chart values range from 3000 > 1

6th rounders range from 21.4>5.4

The total of the 5 picks value is 49 points.

You can move up from #11 one spot to #10 in the first round.

You can move up 5 spots in the 2nd.

You can move up 7 spots to the first pick of the 3rd.

You can move up 14 spots in the 4th round to the back of the 3rd round.

You can trade all 5 picks and move up from the 5th round to the 7th pick of the 4th round.
Reply/Quote
The problem is that teams don't value 6th round picks. They really aren't worth that much. They might be able to move up in fourth or fifth round using a pick or two. It would be hard to use them earlier.
Reply/Quote
The draft is a crapshoot.

Moving up a few slots in the mid rounds does not increase your chances of finding a good player as much as having 5 extra picks does.
Reply/Quote
I think they'll use one of them on a kicker, and you've gotta figure he's got a good chance to stick at the least. Hell, the way the league undervalues RBs these days I'd be you could find a serviceable 3rd stringer there.

Usually there's one or two guys that completely slip out of the draft for one reason or another (see: Vontaze Burfict). I wouldn't be against throwing a 6th rounder at one such guy instead of trying to snag them as a free agent. Might work out.
Reply/Quote
I agree they are really just throw in picks anymore. Once a blue moon you get an actual player 5 picks is a lot there. I can see them packaging a couple to move up in the 5th or as a throw in for a larger trade deal to equal out value. But as this shows, this 5 picks don’t bring a lot of value. To be honest I would trade all my5 th rounders and on to move back up to the 4th or higher. You have a better chance of one 4th rounder making an impact than even taking all 7 picks after.
Reply/Quote
You could use one to move up some in the 5th, but dont be surprised if they keep them. There is a lot of depth at WR and TE in this class, and they need depth at LB and OT as well.
Reply/Quote
Entire roster needs a lot of work. I was for trading them at first. But after becoming familiar with guys in this draft i like a lot of names that could be there in the 6th. We could still land some nice players with those picks. I think we hang on to them. Especially since we wont be getting comp picks next year
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The draft is a crapshoot.

Moving up a few slots in the mid rounds does not increase your chances of finding a good player as much as having 5 extra picks does.

^^^^^

I agree, keep the picks and hope you hit one big
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Kinda have to agree. The Chances of finding a diamond in the rough I assume would be greater using all 5 picks in the 6th opposed to putting all that stock into 1 player who themself would be a gamble which is why they are projected to still be there in the 4th or 5th. Now I wouldn't hate the idea of trading back in the first if their guys are off the board, then mixing some of the 6th with another round to get back into the 2nd or 3rd for a player that's sliding.
Reply/Quote
I think it makes sense trading a couple of them, but they might need to keep some for any depth or ST positions. It's a good round to get a punter, kicker, blocking TE, RB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 05:28 PM)yang Wrote: I know people talk about trading some of the 6th round picks to move up earlier in the draft.  It's pretty easy to google a trade value chart but for shits and giggles I wanted to see what we could get for all 5 6th round picks.

Trade chart values range from 3000 > 1

6th rounders range from 21.4>5.4

The total of the 5 picks value is 49 points.

You can move up from #11 one spot to #10 in the first round.

You can move up 5 spots in the 2nd.

You can move up 7 spots to the first pick of the 3rd.

You can move up 14 spots in the 4th round to the back of the 3rd round.

You can trade all 5 picks and move up from the 5th round to the 7th pick of the 4th round.

Every one is saying to trade these in to one earlier pick, but why?  There is a LOT of late-round talent that can help this team.  Look at my mock drafts.  It was a SIM, not just where I made up stupid value picks to me in the later rounds.  A lot of those guys should be around in the 6th and the grade isn't a whole lot difference for some of the 3rd or 4th rounders.  And competition improves the breed.  If you get a young DE like John Comisky and he is pushing to start, that will only make our existing DEs work harder.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 07:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every one is saying to trade these in to one earlier pick, but why?  There is a LOT of late-round talent that can help this team.  Look at my mock drafts.  It was a SIM, not just where I made up stupid value picks to me in the later rounds.  A lot of those guys should be around in the 6th and the grade isn't a whole lot difference for some of the 3rd or 4th rounders.  And competition improves the breed.  If you get a young DE like John Comisky and he is pushing to start, that will only make our existing DEs work harder.  

My point was that trade value wise they aren’t really worth much. It seems silly to trade 5 guys away to move up a few spots somewhere else. People were saying let’s trade a couple 6th rounders and move up higher in the first and such. I mean the last 3 are literally about 5 points each.

But do you need 5? I can see them ass added bait for a trade somewhere. But if not let’s roll the dice and one pans out. They will be looking for a couple good special teams players.
Reply/Quote
8.2% of NFL rosters are made up by 6th round picks. While that doesn't seem like much only 10.8% and 10.4% come from the 2nd and 3rd round respectively. The difference in finding a capable player in the 6th round isn't that much different than the 2nd and 3rd round. While the 6th may yield more depth players than the 2nd/3rd round, it does give you guys who can contribute at a rate similar.

I'm not saying let's trade everything for 6th round picks, but they do have value. In fact 15% of the Rams roster is made up of 6th round picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 08:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: 8.2% of NFL rosters are made up by 6th round picks. While that doesn't seem like much only 10.8% and 10.4% come from the 2nd and 3rd round respectively. The difference in finding a capable player in the 6th round isn't that much different than the 2nd and 3rd round. While the 6th may yield more depth players than the 2nd/3rd round, it does give you guys who can contribute at a rate similar.

I'm not saying let's trade everything for 6th round picks, but they do have value. In fact 15% of the Rams roster is made up of 6th round picks.

And whereas the previous regime (Marv) would let guys rot on the bench, even when the starters were pathetic, I am hoping THESE 6th rounders have a real shot and get to compete for a job.   I can't stand Pete Carroll (teflon) but one thing I will give him is that he has made a living of having competition at almost every position and he doesn't care where you were drafted.  
Reply/Quote

I pretty much agree with this.  Unless there is a prospect that you really want, that remains on the board, stand pat and use the picks.

Every year some "name brand" prospects always fall to the later rounds.  Here's an article predicting 25 names we've all heard of to fall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/big-name-college-players-who-will-go-in-the-later-rounds-of-the-2019-nfl-draft/ss-BBWbGTc

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 08:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: 8.2% of NFL rosters are made up by 6th round picks. While that doesn't seem like much only 10.8% and 10.4% come from the 2nd and 3rd round respectively. The difference in finding a capable player in the 6th round isn't that much different than the 2nd and 3rd round. While the 6th may yield more depth players than the 2nd/3rd round, it does give you guys who can contribute at a rate similar.

C'mon man!  Those 6th rounders are special teams players and backups.  The 2nd and 3rd rounders make up the core of your team.  I mean, would you trade all those 2nd rounders for more 6th rounders because they are just as good?  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:27 PM)yang Wrote: C'mon man!  Those 6th rounders are special teams players and backups. 

Like Jason Kelce, Antoine Bethea, Alfred Morris, Antonio Brown, Delanie Walker, and Pierre Garcon?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like Jason Kelce, Antoine Bethea, Alfred Morris, Antonio Brown, Delanie Walker, and Pierre Garcon?

So all those guys are in the Rams roster right now?
Reply/Quote
If they're is a guy they really want in the 3rd or 4th round I could see it happening. Trying to find roster spots for 11 picks might pose a difficult task for this team. Id rather we trade one or two of those picks then trying to stash a guy or two on the practice squad.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:27 PM)yang Wrote: C'mon man!  Those 6th rounders are special teams players and backups.  The 2nd and 3rd rounders make up the core of your team.  I mean, would you trade all those 2nd rounders for more 6th rounders because they are just as good?  

Austin Blythe their RG was a 7th rounder, John Sullivan their Center was a 6th rounder, Corey Littleton one of their starting MLB's was undrafted, Nickel Robey Coleman their starting slot corner was undrafted. 

So that's what? 4 of 22 starters 6th round or later? I mean if we could get 4 starters with our 6th round and later picks that wouldn't be too bad right? I never said trade them all away, I am saying they definitely have value and produce quality players at a rate just lower than the 2nd and 3rd.
Reply/Quote