Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Mock - April 2021
1) Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU (6'1", 208 lb) - It's no secret Joe Burrow would love to reunite with Chase. Plus, this OL class is deep, as Duke Tobin said in a podcast on 4/5. Chase and Higgins outside with Boyd in the slot. Pretty damn nice, if not excessive.

2) Alex Leatherwood, OT/OG Alabama (6'5", 312 lb) - Versatile OL who most recently played LT at Alabama. He has experience at RG, which is where I see his best fit as a rookie. Then, he can shift over to RT after Reiff leaves, as he has the necessary length, size, and athletic ability to handle RT duties.

3) Payton Turner, DE Houston (6'5", 270 lb) - 4-3 DE who has been climbing up draft boards has he's been getting more attention. His best fit is 4-3 DE, but he can also play 3-4 DE, and also swing inside as a nickel DT. If the Bengals are looking for guys that Marvin used to look for, Turner is exactly that.

4) Kendrick Green, OG Illinois (6'2", 305 lb) - Athletic OG who has also played some C. They didn't really have a good passing offense at Illinois, so he'll need some coaching in the pass protection department, but he seems to have the skill set needed to handle it. I see Green as being a guy learning on the bench for a year before taking over as a starter either at RG when Leatherwood shifts to RT, or move into LG in place of Spain/XSF.

5) Bobby Brown III, DT Texas A&M (6'4", 315 lb) - Seemed to really take a leap in the pass rush department last year, putting up 5.5 sacks in just 9 games. Looks to be versatile enough and have enough size to play both DT spots. There are concerns with motor at times, but he has the potential to turn into a good NFL DT if he puts in the effort.

6) Dazz Newsome, WR/PR UNC (5'11", 190 lb) - Slot receiver who also has punt return experience. His Pro Day really knocked him down, but his game tape shows someone who will have enough agility and quickness to succeed in the slot. He can come in and handle PR duties right away while developing behind Tyler Boyd. He takes Erickson's vacated spot.

6-HOU) Javian Hawkins, RB Louisville (5'8", 183 lb) - Smaller RB who is expected to thrive in an outside zone scheme due to his speed. With neither Perine nor Williams being very fast, Hawkins may be that big play guy as part of a rotation. Hawkins can also do some KR (although limited experience) in case he would be needed in such a role. He was playing closer to 200 lbs this past season, so I expect/hope he gets back toward that weight.

7) Evan McPherson, K Florida (5'11", 185 lb) - Arguably the top K in the draft. McPherson had a career 85% FG percentage with a long of 55, so he has the leg and accuracy needed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love this draft!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU (6'1", 208 lb) - It's no secret Joe Burrow would love to reunite with Chase. Plus, this OL class is deep, as Duke Tobin said in a podcast on 4/5. Chase and Higgins outside with Boyd in the slot. Pretty damn nice, if not excessive.

2) Alex Leatherwood, OT/OG Alabama (6'5", 312 lb) - Versatile OL who most recently played LT at Alabama. He has experience at RG, which is where I see his best fit as a rookie. Then, he can shift over to RT after Reiff leaves, as he has the necessary length, size, and athletic ability to handle RT duties.

3) Payton Turner, DE Houston (6'5", 270 lb) - 4-3 DE who has been climbing up draft boards has he's been getting more attention. His best fit is 4-3 DE, but he can also play 3-4 DE, and also swing inside as a nickel DT. If the Bengals are looking for guys that Marvin used to look for, Turner is exactly that.

4) Kendrick Green, OG Illinois (6'2", 305 lb) - Athletic OG who has also played some C. They didn't really have a good passing offense at Illinois, so he'll need some coaching in the pass protection department, but he seems to have the skill set needed to handle it. I see Green as being a guy learning on the bench for a year before taking over as a starter either at RG when Leatherwood shifts to RT, or move into LG in place of Spain/XSF.

5) Bobby Brown III, DT Texas A&M (6'4", 315 lb) - Seemed to really take a leap in the pass rush department last year, putting up 5.5 sacks in just 9 games. Looks to be versatile enough and have enough size to play both DT spots. There are concerns with motor at times, but he has the potential to turn into a good NFL DT if he puts in the effort.

6) Dazz Newsome, WR/PR UNC (5'11", 190 lb) - Slot receiver who also has punt return experience. His Pro Day really knocked him down, but his game tape shows someone who will have enough agility and quickness to succeed in the slot. He can come in and handle PR duties right away while developing behind Tyler Boyd. He takes Erickson's vacated spot.

6-HOU) Javian Hawkins, RB Louisville (5'8", 183 lb) - Smaller RB who is expected to thrive in an outside zone scheme due to his speed. With neither Perine nor Williams being very fast, Hawkins may be that big play guy as part of a rotation. Hawkins can also do some KR (although limited experience) in case he would be needed in such a role. He was playing closer to 200 lbs this past season, so I expect/hope he gets back toward that weight.

7) Evan McPherson, K Florida (5'11", 185 lb) - Arguably the top K in the draft. McPherson had a career 85% FG percentage with a long of 55, so he has the leg and accuracy needed.
I can live with this..but no TE?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 11:44 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I can live with this..but no TE?

Not with Thaddeus Moss added. I think TE1 and TE2 are set with Uzomah and Sample, and I think Moss probably gets the TE3 spot.
I could see the Bengals going for TE next year depending on how Uzomah and Sample do.
Uzomah is in the final year of his contract and Sample will be entering a contract year next year.

Note that I would LOVE to see Kyle Pitts added, or even Friermuth in Rd 2, but I really don't care for any of the TEs who will be available Rd 3 or later.
I don't think any really provide much of an upgrade over what the Bengals already have.
And if you take a TE, you're having to give up another position.
Which position are you willing to give up in favor of a TE?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
That would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU (6'1", 208 lb) - It's no secret Joe Burrow would love to reunite with Chase. Plus, this OL class is deep, as Duke Tobin said in a podcast on 4/5. Chase and Higgins outside with Boyd in the slot. Pretty damn nice, if not excessive.

Probably one of my favorite mocks, and I have seen many mocks.  Nice Ocho.  I don't know why you hardly ever participate in the annual Bengal forum mock.  I want to share the pain!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Wow, where to begin. This would be an awesome draft. I just did mine an hour ago and working back through some of the mocks and this has about half the picks and a few I struggled over not picking, so well done especially with this done a few days ago. I'd settle for Leatherwood because of the state of the OL, he hasn't progressed as advertised but that's why he's there at 38. I originally had Turner in the 3rd but nfl.com had him as their highest rated true DE (separating the EDGE players). Just seems that teams that need a true DE will take him before the high 3rd but I'd be thrilled to have him. Green would be a great pick and compete to start, tremendous value in the 4th. The DT class is pretty bad, I think Brown is gone before the 5th. Had Hawkins and McPherson so can't disagree. Don't know much about Newsome but will check him out. Overall just wow.
Reply/Quote
Love Bobby brown. He’s one of my fav in this draft and with chase already coming in u could’ve nabbed yeboah the tight end from ole miss where u are grabbing newsome He’s a poor mans Pitts. He’s be great with sample and uzomah
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Love Bobby brown.  He’s one of my fav in this draft and with chase already coming in u could’ve nabbed yeboah the tight end from ole miss where u are grabbing newsome He’s a poor mans Pitts.  He’s be great with sample and uzomah

I firmly believe that the unless the Bengals take Pitts with a plan to use him as both a WR and TE, they could skip taking a TE this year and roll with Uzomah, Sample, and Moss.
Moss is a good blocker and has rapport with Burrow, which is why I think he sticks as TE3.
Given they like to run a lot of 3-WR sets and could use both an experienced PR and backup slot receiver behind Boyd, I went with Newsome late.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love your work!
Did you draft a starting offensive tackle or a swing guy?Its solid but that question needs to be answered.
I just think Leatherwood can fight in a booth but can't move his feet well enough on the left or right. Screams inside to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Love Bobby brown.  He’s one of my fav in this draft and with chase already coming in u could’ve nabbed yeboah the tight end from ole miss where u are grabbing newsome He’s a poor mans Pitts.  He’s be great with sample and uzomah

That's your prerogative, you can do what you wanna do.
Reply/Quote