Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Schedule
6-10

week 1 @Seattle - L
week 2 San Francisco - L
week 3 @Buffalo - W
week 4 @ Pitt MNF - L
week 5 Arizona - W. Ok, we are 2-3 let's go!
week 6 @Balt - L
week 7 Jacksonville - L
week 8 @Rams- London - L. Nevermind....
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens - W
week 11 @Oakland - L. Andy gets injured by Burfict but Burfict gets a concussion from hit out rest of season.

week 12 Pitt - L. Rookie QB gets first loss
week 13 @NYJ -W. Rookie QB gets first win
week 14 Browns - L. Andy returns.
week 15 Patriots -L.
week 16 @Miami -W
week 17 @Browns -W...browns clinch and sit players...Cincy finishes strong to drop out of top 10 draft pick and show hope for 2020 so dont expect off season moves.

A mediocre player gets big contract extension for no reason.
Reply/Quote
Every home game a is a Sunday tilt at 1:00? Damn, Goodell really does read his mail. Thanks for sparing this out-of-town STH all that Sunday/Monday/Thursday night bullshit, Rog!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Solid schedule. Looks like we'll be getting a bye the first week of the playoffs this year!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:42 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Solid schedule. Looks like we'll be getting a bye the first week of the playoffs this year!

And the 2nd week, 3rd, and 4th!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:43 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: And the 2nd week, 3rd, and 4th!

Don't quote yourself, it's not cool.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Don't quote yourself, it's not cool.  

Agree 100%, you handsome devil  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Also we can go ahead and toss in the conspiracy stuff here. Bengals have both games against the Browns after Hunt is off his 8 game suspension. Of course so do the Steelers. Insert secret NFL conspiracy agent here. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Does anyone see a elite offense on this schedule other than the Rams?
I dont.
there is no Kansas City or New Orleans on the schedule this year.
Cleveland has compiled a nice arrary of talent.
everyone is running to the hills saying 6 10 etc etc.
sorry not buying into the doom and gloom.
if Cincy is healthy they can play with anyone
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:04 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Does anyone see a elite offense on this schedule other than the Rams?
I dont.

You new here? It's what they do.

I know you're not new.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:04 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Does anyone see a elite offense on this schedule other than the Rams?
I dont.

So far only one person in this thread has said 6-10 and that is a person with only 2 posts ever so far. Both in this thread.

Edit: Sorry missed Big Boss prediction of only 6 wins, so that makes 2

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Only wins I see are Buffalo, Arizona, Jacksonville, Oakland, New York, and Miami.

I'll call SF a toss up, especially earlier in the season when Garapolo (sp?) is probably still shaking off some rust. Find two wins in the division and you're at 9 wins... they always manage to find a win against the Ravens, the Steelers are vulnerable even if they do own us (though we have at least played them close lately), and playing the Browns in Week 17 is a boon because the folks on this board have assured me that it is guaranteed that Cleveland will be at worst 14-1 and have home field locked up so they won't play anyone.

I know, I know - optimism, gross. But even with the issues the Bengals have that schedule isn't exactly the most intimidating in the world. Plus ZT knows all of those NFC West teams well... Seahawks and 49ers the first two weeks of the season may give us a little advantage there as they won't necessarily have much tape on us yet.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: I think part of Thursday night was so everyone had a primetime game.  That game could be any primetime slot. There are not enough Thursday night game for every team to have one because they stop them a few weeks early I think.

Two teams every year don’t play in TNF. It’s us and Miami this year. And you’re correct 15 weeks of TNF
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: So far only one person in this thread has said 6-10 and that is a person with only 2 posts ever so far.

We don't even know what the opening day roster is gonna look like. Not to mention we have zero idea what sort of schemes they will run... Damn the predictions.

Bobby Hart, Jack Del Rio, Hue, Troy Blackburn, Dalton... Just the usual woe is me doom and gloom.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: So far only one person in this thread has said 6-10 and that is a person with only 2 posts ever so far. Both in this thread.

Ah...you can count.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: We don't even know what the opening day roster is gonna look like. Not to mention we have zero idea what sort of schemes they will run... Damn the predictions.

Bobby Hart, Jack Del Rio, Hue, Troy Blackburn, Dalton... Just the usual woe is me doom and gloom.

ZT knows Seattle and San Francisco well. The book on how ZT coaches his team won't be out yet. Might help!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: I think part of Thursday night was so everyone had a primetime game.  That game could be any primetime slot. There are not enough Thursday night game for every team to have one because they stop them a few weeks early I think.

Huh... you’re right. I guess I never really thought about it. I just assumed every team had to play a Thursday night game because we’ve played one every year since (I think) 2004.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: We don't even know what the opening day roster is gonna look like. Not to mention we have zero idea what sort of schemes they will run... Damn the predictions.

Granted, 6 wins does seem like a pretty pessimistic take, but we are on a 3-year losing streak, too.

I'm trying to stay between the pessimism of "We're doomed!" and the optimism of "Every coach and player who is gone was the reason we lost!"
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:27 PM)Bryan Wrote: You have us going winless in the division?

Agree that's odd.  The Browns and Ravens aren't that good.
Reply/Quote
It's a pretty solid schedule no long stretch of away games and a mid season bye week. Worst part is getting the Browns twice late but that's still not bad.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:42 PM)Synric Wrote: It's a pretty solid schedule no long stretch of away games and a mid season bye week. Worst part is getting the Browns twice late but that's still not bad.

Haven't you read?  By mid season they are going to be falling apart at the seams.  OBJ and Mayfield are both going to go super-cancer on the team and Freddie Kitchens is going to be in way over his head and unable to keep that team from going completely insane and tearing itself apart.  Also, they are the Browns and the Browns never win.

Honestly, if we played the Browns early in the season people would be complaining that we had to play them BEFORE they inevitably turn on each other and fall apart.
Reply/Quote