Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Schedule
8-8 possibly 9-7... if we stay healthy. Dwayne Haskins era begins in the second half of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember it's a New Dey boys and girls. It's hard to tell what we're going to like like. I don't know how anybody could set an over/under with the new coaching staff.
I just racked my brain and I can't say there is one game we for sure will lose and I can't say one we for sure will win. I mean I guess the Patriots would be a loss but then again we're at home and maybe Zac is cooler that Zack Morris.

https://images.app.goo.gl/FNuea9dA4qk13poF9
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Granted, 6 wins does seem like a pretty pessimistic take, but we are on a 3-year losing streak, too.

I'm trying to stay between the pessimism of "We're doomed!" and the optimism of "Every coach and player who is gone was the reason we lost!"

That's right were I'm at. I can't swear they'll be world beaters, but I also can't get in board with holding onto the last 3 seasons either. 2016-2018 is just as dead and gone as 2011-2015 or 1981 and 1988 for that matter. This isn't a team full of scrubs. This board clamored for years for a fresh start. I'm willing to let the Bengals actually flop before I start piling on. Of course I was in the minority of people who thought they could be pretty good when Carson and Chad were gone years ago
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I do have pretty high expectations for the new coaches and team. Marvin lifted a losing team to a mediocre team. Zac has the potential to bring us to the next level, his lack of experience is concerning but then again, he is not getting a byssmal team and could turn this team around by just bringing in a new philosophy.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:36 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: 6-10

week 1 @Seattle - L
week 2 San Francisco - L
week 3 @Buffalo - W
week 4 @ Pitt MNF - L
week 5 Arizona - W.   Ok, we are 2-3 let's go!
week 6 @Balt - L
week 7 Jacksonville - L
week 8 @Rams- London - L.   Nevermind....
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens - W
week 11 @Oakland - L.   Andy gets injured by Burfict but Burfict gets a concussion from hit out rest of season.

week 12 Pitt - L.  Rookie QB gets first loss
week 13 @NYJ -W.   Rookie QB gets first win
week 14 Browns - L.  Andy returns.
week 15 Patriots -L.
week 16 @Miami -W
week 17 @Browns -W...browns clinch and sit players...Cincy finishes strong to drop out of top 10 draft pick and show hope for 2020 so dont expect off season moves.

A mediocre player gets big contract extension for no reason.

Oh, that's just like the off season we are currently in. 

I hate to point it out, but I will; there's not a single certain win on that schedule.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Haven't you read?  By mid season they are going to be falling apart at the seams.  OBJ and Mayfield are both going to go super-cancer on the team and Freddie Kitchens is going to be in way over his head and unable to keep that team from going completely insane and tearing itself apart.  Also, they are the Browns and the Browns never win.

Honestly, if we played the Browns early in the season people would be complaining that we had to play them BEFORE they inevitably turn on each other and fall apart.

Haven't you heard? The Browns will be heading into December undefeated and will have home field advantage locked up having already left the rest of the league in the dust. That week 17 game against them might as well be a second bye because the Browns will already be resting everyone in preparation for the inevitable Super Bowl run, with Mayfield and OBJ neck-in-neck in the MVP race. There's even talk about just cancelling the season altogether and just giving them the Lombardi, so those games in December might not even be played.

Plans are already in place for their second parade in three seasons!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Only wins I see are Buffalo, Arizona, Jacksonville, Oakland, New York, and Miami.

You’re overrating Cleveland and Baltimore, and Oakland might be a loss. Not looking forward to facing Burfict
Reply/Quote
If we draft a fast linebacker, we could very well sweep the Ravens with Lamar running their ship. And with the shit show going on in Pittsburgh, I think we at least split with them. The Browns will most likely be harder to beat than either of them.
Reply/Quote
week 1 @Seattle - Loss
week 2 San Francisco - Win
week 3 @Buffalo - Win
week 4 @ Pitt MNF - Loss
week 5 Arizona - Win
week 6 @Balt - Loss
week 7 Jacksonville - Win
week 8 @Rams- London - Loss?
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens - Win
week 11 @Oakland - Win
week 12 Pitt - Win
week 13 NYJ - Win
week 14 @Browns - Win
week 15 Patriots - Loss
week 16 @Miami - Win
week 17 Browns - Win

11-5 or 12-4?
I'm a homer though so there's that.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Week 4 @Pittsburgh on MNF, hell of a chance to make a statement.
Reply/Quote
I’m cool with no Thursday night games and it’s sweet playing Rams in London even though we will most likely get smoked it’s our coach vs his former team and we’re not losing a home game
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:24 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: week 1 @Seattle - Loss
week 2 San Francisco - Win
week 3 @Buffalo - Win
week 4 @ Pitt MNF - Loss
week 5 Arizona - Win
week 6 @Balt - Loss
week 7 Jacksonville - Win
week 8 @Rams- London - Loss?
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens - Win
week 11 @Oakland - Win
week 12 Pitt - Win
week 13 NYJ - Win
week 14 @Browns - Win
week 15 Patriots - Loss
week 16 @Miami - Win
week 17 Browns - Win

11-5 or 12-4?
I'm a homer though so there's that.

I fully expect to hit the lottery this year. Not once, but twice.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Oh, that's just like the off season we are currently in. 

I hate to point it out, but I will; there's not a single certain win on that schedule.

Jets??
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You’re overrating Cleveland and Baltimore, and Oakland might be a loss. Not looking forward to facing Burfict

I don't think Burfict will be a deference maker against Oakland.  Honestly he should probably have retired to save his health after all the concussions he has had.  He may not even be playing by week 11. There was a reason the Bengals, a team in need of good LBs, let him walk and it wasn't because he was so great last year. Even when apparently healthy he was a shell of his old self.

Side note: He has not played in 16 games since 2013. Since then 5, 10, 11, 10 and 7.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:36 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Jets??

Go right ahead and underestimate the other lowly team on the field and our lowly team will get its arse kicked.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:29 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Week 4 @Pittsburgh on MNF, hell of a chance to make a statement.

^^^^^^ This right here fellas!!!

Like I've said before.... Dey Don't Know Who Dey F****in' With! And neither do us fans for that matter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: After some corrections:

week 1 @Seattle L
week 2 San Francisco W
week 3 @Buffalo W
week 4 @ Pitt MNF L
week 5 Arizona W
week 6 @Balt L
week 7 Jacksonville L
week 8 @Rams- London L
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens W
week 11 @Oakland W
week 12 Pitt L
week 13 NYJ W
week 14 @Browns L
week 15 Patriots L
week 16 @Miami W
week 17 Browns L

7-9

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:54 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 8-8 possibly 9-7... if we stay healthy. Dwayne Haskins era begins in the second half of the season.

If that is true 4-12 with Haskins 
Reply/Quote
week 1 @Seattle - L
week 2 San Francisco - L
week 3 @Buffalo - L
week 4 @ Pitt MNF - L
week 5 Arizona - Loss
week 6 @Balt - L
week 7 Jacksonville - L
week 8 @Rams- London - L
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens - L
week 11 @Oakland - L
week 12 Pitt - L.
week 13 @NYJ - L
week 14 Browns - L
week 15 Patriots - L
week 16 @Miami - L
week 17 @Browns - L
Reply/Quote
Two points:

1) This schedule is one of the reasons why Taylor was hired. We are playing NFC West. So hope it pays off immediately. 3-1 would be nice against that division.

2) The second Pitt game is just terrible. Red eye flights cut two days out of you.
Reply/Quote