Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final WR's
(06-10-2019, 04:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If anyone gets more work in the return game it should be Phillips. The kid was absolutely electric as a returner in college. Looked completely natural in the role.

Phillips had 11 return tds in his last three college seasons (5 ints, 4 KO, 1 PR, 1 fum).  He does not have elite speed (at least in the 40 yard dash) but he obviously has great vision and a "feel" for finding the holes in coverage.  There is a special skill to returning kicks, but it is hard to measure in any way other than just watching guys return kicks.

I'd give Brandon Wilson a shot at returning kick offs.  He had a couple of tds and a higher average per return than Philips in college.  Plus he ran a 4.35 forty.  He can blaze.
Reply/Quote
You all love you some Tate.

I think Core's time has passed. He just doesn't do it in regular offense and some of the younger guys could contribute equally on STs.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 02:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised with the following:
Green
Boyd
Ross
Erickson (as the returner)
Tate
Morgan

People keep saying Erickson is a lock because he is the returner, and while somewhat true, we shouldn't discount the fact that outside of Green and Boyd, he has the most reliable hands on the team. He may not get a lot of yards after catch, but if he gets to the 1st down mark and they get the ball to him, he is going to catch it, everytime. Can't say the same for the rest of this group.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People keep saying Erickson is a lock because he is the returner, and while somewhat true, we shouldn't discount the fact that outside of Green and Boyd, he has the most reliable hands on the team. He may not get a lot of yards after catch, but if he gets to the 1st down mark and they get the ball to him, he is going to catch it, everytime. Can't say the same for the rest of this group.

That's a good point. He probably was our 3rd best WR last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 07:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You all love you some Tate.

I think Core's time has passed. He just doesn't do it in regular offense and some of the younger guys could contribute equally on STs.

Brandon > Auden
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People keep saying Erickson is a lock because he is the returner, and while somewhat true, we shouldn't discount the fact that outside of Green and Boyd, he has the most reliable hands on the team. He may not get a lot of yards after catch, but if he gets to the 1st down mark and they get the ball to him, he is going to catch it, everytime. Can't say the same for the rest of this group.

Yes, Erickson is fine as a backup underneath/slot option, not just a returner. But it's his contributions in the return game that give him the edge.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 01:20 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I see you haven't read the article about HUNTER SHARP at bengals.com

According to the website, Sharp has been AMAZING at the OTAs!

Well even though he went undrafted, he's in his 3rd year and from all accounts he understands the offense (where to be and when etc) and is helping the other guys line up correctly. Hopefully he can keep it all going for himself and earn a spot.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, Erickson is fine as a backup underneath/slot option, not just a returner. But it's his contributions in the return game that give him the edge.

Agree

Like somebody else said if Erickson gets pushed off the roster we will have some damn good WR's. I'd say most likely though he makes it.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well even though he went undrafted, he's in his 3rd year and from all accounts he understands the offense (where to be and when etc) and is helping the other guys line up correctly. Hopefully he can keep it all going for himself and earn a spot.

It wouldn't shock me at all to see Sharp make the roster.
Reply/Quote
Side note, Rashaun Simonise just got cut by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers...remember when he was a sleeper gem WR here for a minute? Honestly, this year is going to be a little less fun than usual because we didn't take any late-round WRs we can talk up.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 09:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, Rashaun Simonise just got cut by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers...remember when he was a sleeper gem WR here for a minute? Honestly, this year is going to be a little less fun than usual because we didn't take any late-round WRs we can talk up.

Oh yeah... I remember. Put that guy opposite of AJ Green, and defenses won't know what to do. I always got him mixed up with the German that we had at OTA last week. It easy to confuse the two of them... They both suck. I've had my guy before though too. For me it was James Wright.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 09:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, Rashaun Simonise just got cut by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers...remember when he was a sleeper gem WR here for a minute?  Honestly, this year is going to be a little less fun than usual because we didn't take any late-round WRs we can talk up.

Nah, we still have Tate
Reply/Quote
Erickson is an absolute lock thats even if we dont plan to use him on returns. He is clearly the 4th guy.

I dunno why some people think tate is a lock. He is in a major battle for a roster spot. We got 2 spots between him malone core willis and morgan. I think it will be morgan and malone.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:20 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Erickson is an absolute lock thats even if we dont plan to use him on returns.  He is clearly the 4th guy.  

I dunno why some people think tate is a lock.  He is in a major battle for a roster spot.  We got 2 spots between him malone core willis and morgan.  I think it will be morgan and malone.

yes Tate is in a battle. 
but Tate was a longshot to even make the roster last year.
Malone had a very productive career at UT. 
he faced NFL calibur CBs week in week out.
but for some reason he has yet to reach that next level in the NFL.
hes been on IR. 
but when hes been healthy hes done nothing on the field in terms of playmaking
or making plays.
he might have concentration issues.
he has great size speed for the position.much Cody Snore.
Auden Tate does,a better job of going up and snatching the ball out of the air.
Tate is a bit thicker. 
Tate is learning to play special teams.
did Malone play ST last year? 
Reply/Quote
Let me be the first to warn that if we cut Tate the Pats or Steelers will grab him and give our DC nightmares. Someone was going to say it.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 10:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me be the first to warn that if we cut Tate the Pats or Steelers will grab him and give our DC nightmares.  Someone was going to say it.

not afraid of him dropping passes for a different team
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 12:31 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Auden Tate does,a better job of going up and snatching the ball out of the air.

did you watch tate last year?  or you just remember 1 preseason game?
Reply/Quote
My WR sleeper pick, Damion Willis.......
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 10:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not afraid of him dropping passes for a different team

But they'll coach him up!!!  All kidding aside, any time a nobody is cut someone has to point out a fear the Patriots will swoop in and make him a HOF-er.  My favorite in recent memory is when the Broncos cut crapo 17th round pick QB Chad Kelly after he stunk and wandered into someone's house in a drugged-up haze and at least one person on their message board pulled the "The Patriots are going to make him the next Brady, now" card.
Reply/Quote
At this point Erickson seems to be a lock. There were articles going around about teams attempting to trade for him and the Bengals were not interested.
Reply/Quote