Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final chance to Mock Synric. (Trade?)
Getting this done a little early this year.

*Trade Info*
The Bengals are not known for many First Round trades but have made quite a few 2nd Round trades in the Duke Tobin era. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trade #57 and #125 for the Bengals #49. The Buccaneers are trading up to get an IOL or CB. I have Zach Frazier and Cooper Beebe as likely targets getting ahead of other teams that need IOL like the Dolphins

...with the 18th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft thr Cincinnati Bengals select...

Round 1, Pick # 18 Troy Fautanu OL Washington

Trou Fautanu is a versatile OL who's ceiling might be higher at Left Guard but can give swing tackle versatility. Fautanu is an explosive twitchy athlete that is unmatched in this class. Run scheme versitle he can move guys off the line in gap schemes or quickly change gaps and create blocking angles in zone. What makes him special is his ability to pull and block defenders in space in the run or screen games. As a pass protector his athleticism easily shows up. His aggression works against him in pass pro often allowing alot of rush space between him and the guard and not bring patient with his hands in Vert sets.

A big reason he will be available at pick 18 is because he will be 24 which means he will be 29 his rookie 5th year.

Round 2,  Pick #57  (Trade) - Maason Smith DL LSU

Maason Smith is the type of versatile DL the Bengals love playing everywhere from 0t to 5t in his 1 year as a starter. His size length power and athleticism are things missing from this DL class. He is definitely a work in progress with his hands and like Myles Murphy last year needs to work on his counters.

Round 3, Pick #80 - Jalen McMillan WR Washington

Jalen McMilan is an experience savvy slot receiver with good short area quickness length and body control. He was a little more explosive downfield in 2022 but he's much better in the short and intermediate parts of the field. He needs to do a better job of holding his line against physical coverage and contested catches.

Round 3, Pick #97 - Audric Estime RB Notre Dame

Alot of people are down on Audric Estime after his combine but he is a perfect fit as a grinder in a gap scheme rush offense. Estime has good vision and patience setting up inside blocks although he can be too patient. He doesn't have a great overall burst forward but shows some lateral quickness between the tackles. He is a dangerous RB with a nose for the goal line once in the redzone. Good foundation peice for a RB by committee room.

Round 4, Pick #115 -  Caeden Wallace OT Penn State

Caeden Wallace is the steady starting RT for Penn State the last few years. A better run blocker than pass protector at this point which is expected but his smooth feet deep kickstep and wide base make the projection as a day 1 starter easy. While he has 40+ starts at RT only he has shown versatility taking guard reps in practice.

Round 4 Pick #125 (Trade) - Hunter Nourzad IOL Penn State

Back to Back Penn State OL Hunter Nourzad is another experience starter. Smart and technically sound are the two best traits to describe Nourzad. Beginning his college career at Cornell he has started games at RT, RG, LG, and Center. Nourzad needs to continue to add core strength but should be a good option as a backup IOL that van man all 3 spots.

Round 5, Pick #149 - Fabien Lovett DT FSU

Senior Team Captain of a stacked defensive front Fabien Lovett is a another versatile IDL. FSU rotated Lovett in the clog interior gaps from different alignments. Lovett projects a a rotational run defender with his size length and heavy hands.

Round 6, Pick #194 - Tip Reimann TE Illinois 

Tip Riemann is one of those players that I wasn't expecting much when I started but liked his game by the end. Reimann is your typical inline blocking TE with good size. His ceiling as a receiver isn't high but he showed some good athleticism as a move blocker asked to pull or wrap. Bengals need someone to backup Drew Sample and replace Mitchell Wilcox's snaps from 2023.

Round 6, Pick #214 - Rasheen Ali RB Marshall

Rasheen Ali is a scat/receiving back with decent size. In 2021 and 2023 the Marshall offense revolved around getting Ali the ball including as a Slot Receiver. He needs to play lower and trust his eyes when running between the tackles but he is a guy you use to attack the boundaries on wraps/tosses/screens. Does a good job in pass protection.

Round 7, Pick #237 - Justin Rogers DT Auburn

Rogers is exactly what everyone expects a huge Nose Tackle with good power but below average athleticism and length which effects his range as a defender. Another Rotational run defender that will see alot of time in short yardage and goal line. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't think Fautanu will make it past the Seahawks, but would be a very solid pick if he did. Just think with the Trent Brown signing we
can take a chance on a Tackle with more upside like Amarius Mims who is my guy now at 18 if we go OT. Maason Smith makes complete
sense and I am actually expecting him to be a Bengal if we don't take Murphy at 18.

Really like McMillan, but he is another Slot WR and I think we need outside help more than anything at WR, outside speed is what we are
missing besides Ja'Marr, but like I said I like McMillan a lot, good player and a natural at getting open in the middle of the field. Estime is
what we are missing at RB, a thumper that can get us the short yardage I like it.

Love the back half of this Mock the most honestly. Love every player on the backend, crazy good.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't think Fautanu will make it past the Seahawks, but would be a very solid pick if he did. Just think with the Trent Brown signing we
can take a chance on a Tackle with more upside like Amarius Mims who is my guy now at 18 if we go OT. Maason Smith makes complete
sense and I am actually expecting him to be a Bengal if we don't take Murphy at 18.

Really like McMillan, but he is another Slot WR and I think we need outside help more than anything at WR, outside speed is what we are
missing besides Ja'Marr, but like I said I like McMillan a lot, good player and a natural at getting open in the middle of the field. Estime is
what we are missing at RB, a thumper that can get us the short yardage I like it.

Love the back half of this Mock the most honestly. Love every player on the backend, crazy good.

Fautanu just has the skill set that the Bengals have sorely missed over the last few seasons an OL that can pull and block in space. He could really set an aggressive tone for the future of rhe OL too.

I have thr offensive players heavy in my top 50 (OL, WR) so by pick #80 it dries up a little for guys with more versatility. Tez Walker could be in this range with some outside speed and does have a top 30 visit...which reminds me need to update that thread lol.

The draft is funny I went into thinking Fautanu as my round 1 target and wanted offensive speed but ended up throwing bodies at the OL and DL lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I’m always intrigued by giant athletes. But I haven’t been able to sell myself on Masson Smith. I haven’t studied him too much. But from what I’ve seen his awareness and hustle seem concerning. Trading back to get him and an extra pick I guess would make drafting him in 2 acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 08:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m always intrigued by giant athletes. But I haven’t been able to sell myself on Masson Smith. I haven’t studied him too much. But from what I’ve seen his awareness and hustle seem concerning. Trading back to get him and an extra pick I guess would make drafting him in 2 acceptable.

Yea he is a gamble but this IDL class doesn't have alot of guys with his combination of size and talent which will probabaly drive his stock up. #49 was rich for me but the Bengals do like to trade back in the 2nd targeting players and they have noticeably been putting the work in on Smith. 

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Fautanu just has the skill set that the Bengals have sorely missed over the last few seasons an OL that can pull and block in space. He could really set an aggressive tone for the future of rhe OL too.

I have thr offensive players heavy in my top 50 (OL, WR) so by pick #80 it dries up a little for guys with more versatility. Tez Walker could be in this range with some outside speed and does have a top 30 visit...which reminds me need to update that thread lol.

The draft is funny I went into thinking Fautanu as my round 1 target and wanted offensive speed but ended up throwing bodies at the OL and DL lol.

Understandable. In my recent Mock Fautanu and Bowers were there and Mims and Murphy were gone, something I find highly 
unrealistic but you gotta go with what the sim gives you. A WR that isn't getting a lot of talk is Malik Washington who can do it 
all from his highlights that are very impressive. Fast, strong hands, hard to tackle...
Reply/Quote
Really dig the first 4 picks.

WTS, we've seen a lot of w/ Maason's skillset bust.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote