Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Is The #1 Pre-Draft Dynasty Player On DraftSharks!
I know that it's just a fantasy football site, but Draft Sharks is predicting the success for all the rookies (throughout their careers) and they have Chase ranked FIRST!  

Above any quarterbacks, running backs, or any other position, and you have to think that pairing him with Chase would only boost that ranking!

Here it is:

[Image: 6087fd4360807.png]

If that doesn't get you excited to draft Chase, I don't know what will!  

I'm thinking past Bengals' great duos like Chad and Carson and I'm thinking bigger like Montana/Young and Jerry Rice, Manning and Harrison, and Aikman and Irvin!

I'm even more sold on taking Chase!

Chase with a QB like Burrow throwing to a receiver like Chase with a back like Mixon keeping defenses honest would be a nightmare to defend!
Reply/Quote
This doesn't excite me one bit. Fantasy is all about numbers. OF course he will be the #1 projected fantasy guy because he will be going to a team that throws it 40-50 times per game because they can't run the ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This doesn't excite me one bit.  Fantasy is all about numbers.  OF course he will be the #1 projected fantasy guy because he will be going to a team that throws it 40-50 times per game because they can't run the ball.

Why can't we run the ball?

We have Mixon, who's an animal, and our line will be drastically improved, and not to mention that giving Burrow a weapon like Chase will keep defenses out of the box and respecting the deep ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why can't we run the ball?

We have Mixon, who's an animal, and our line will be drastically improved, and not to mention that giving Burrow a weapon like Chase will keep defenses out of the box and respecting the deep ball.

Might wanna pump the brakes a bit on having a good running game.
They only added Reiff to the OL so far, and were bottom third in the league the in rushing the last two years.
Even if they get two really good OL in the draft, it's unrealistic to expect this team is going to become Top 15 in the league.
I like Pollack over Turner, but he's not a magician.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Might wanna pump the brakes a bit on having a good running game.
They only added Reiff to the OL so far, and were bottom third in the league the in rushing the last two years.
Even if they get two really good OL in the draft, it's unrealistic to expect this team is going to become Top 15 in the league.
I like Pollack over Turner, but he's not a magician.

Pollack isn't a magician but he should improve the run game a decent amount.  

Reiff added and then I suspect we'll draft at least one guard and then teams will eventually drop players that we could sign.

Mixon hits the holes so fast that we don't need an all-pro line to be successful running the ball.
Reply/Quote
LOL. Come on, we havre added 1 guy, who is an upgrade from Hart. The rest are huge question marks. The line will severely hinder this offense - again.

I'm hoping whoever is the new coach next year does the right thing and put premium money and picks into fixing it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pollack isn't a magician but he should improve the run game a decent amount.  

Reiff added and then I suspect we'll draft at least one guard and then teams will eventually drop players that we could sign.

Mixon hits the holes so fast that we don't need an all-pro line to be successful running the ball.

Run blocking scores last year from the current starters:
Jonah - 53.4
Spain - 62.4
Hopkins - 62.1
XSF - 52.1
Reiff - 60.8

Even if they add a couple new people, they are likely going to be (way) better at pass blocking than run blocking. They just don't have the guys for it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Run blocking scores last year from the current starters:
Jonah - 53.4
Spain - 62.4
Hopkins - 62.1
XSF - 52.1
Reiff - 60.8

Even if they add a couple new people, they are likely going to be (way) better at pass blocking than run blocking. They just don't have the guys for it.
The passing game will open up the run game, especially since Mixon hits the holes so quickly.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The passing game will open up the run game, especially since Mixon hits the holes so quickly.

It hasn't happened for quite some time, not sure what makes you so optimistic.  Adding Chase isn't going to change much in the front 6-7 on defense for the other teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This doesn't excite me one bit.  Fantasy is all about numbers.  OF course he will be the #1 projected fantasy guy because he will be going to a team that throws it 40-50 times per game because they can't run the ball.

Exactly.  I like real football and feel the fantasy football crowd has really become smitten with Chase.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The passing game will open up the run game, especially since Mixon hits the holes so quickly.

Are we watching two different RBs?
I don't notice Mixon being overly "quick."
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Unless opposing D coordinators are sending their front 7 into coverage I have serious doubts about this. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It hasn't happened for quite some time, not sure what makes you so optimistic.  Adding Chase isn't going to change much in the front 6-7 on defense for the other teams.
It will make the other teams play their front 6-7 differently, and that's my point.
(04-29-2021, 05:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are we watching two different RBs?
I don't notice Mixon being overly "quick."
Maybe quick was a bad word, but, in his years before last, he definitely hit holes fast and with a purpose.
(04-29-2021, 05:07 PM)Burma Wrote: Unless opposing D coordinators are sending their front 7 into coverage I have serious doubts about this. 

That's the point- teams will have to send backers into coverage and keep their strong safeties from playing up in the box on early downs.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It will make the other teams play their front 6-7 differently, and that's my point.
Maybe quick was a bad word, but, in his years before last, he definitely hit holes fast and with a purpose.

That's the point- teams will have to send backers into coverage and keep their strong safeties from playing up in the box on early downs.

I dunno man.
You seem to be putting A LOT of faith in Frank Pollack and a new draft pick (or two) to turn this OL into some stalwart run blocking machine.

The reality is the team has been 20th of worse rushing the ball for quite a few years now:
2020 - 24th
2019 - 25th
2018 - 21st (Pollack's year)
2017 - 31st

You have to go all the way back to 2016 for a good rushing offense, which was 13th in the league in yards, 9th in attempts.
That was actually the year before Mixon was added to the team.

It also doesn't help that Pollack was the OL coach of the Jets the past two years, who were 31st in 2019 and 23rd in 2020. And that was with Le'Veon Bell at RB (until they moved on from him mid-year last year).

Pollack needs to have some good run blocking OL if the Bengals are gonna have a good running game, and that's not what they will have. They will be primarily a passing team, as nearly every one of Jonah, Reiff, Spain, XSF, and Hopkins is (much) better at pass blocking than run blocking.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It will make the other teams play their front 6-7 differently, and that's my point.

I would like to believe this, but I think that effect is something Chase is going to have to earn over time and wont be afforded early.  Also if the run game does not improve there is no reason to even really respect it that much to demand having the safeties commited to it.  

Reply/Quote

It won't.  They will be in nickel or dime depending on how many wideouts we have.  Then you have our line trying to block them.  It won't change and our running game will still stink.
Reply/Quote

Teams are going to be in nickel or dime regardless.  I can't see defenses bringing in an extra DB just because Chase is on the field.  He's not Moss or Calvin Johnson.

The backers aren't going to be in coverage on a guy like Chase.  IF we were drafting Pitts, I would completely agree with you.
Reply/Quote