Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final pre-draft mock
I'll likely make another mock Friday after tonight's selection (if needed), but here's my final mock pre-draft.

1) John Ross, WR Washington (5'11", 188 lb) - Lapham picked Ross and his selection makes sense. Since he's been pretty on-point the past few years, I'm also going with Ross, who provides much needed explosion from the receiver position. JR wins with elite speed, oustanding footwork, and a full route tree. At best, he's a faster Antonio Brown. At worst, he's John Brown.

2) TJ Watt, EDGE Wisconsin (6'4", 252 lb) - I was against Watt at first because I thought he was a 3-4 OLB all the way. But he's bulked up to 252 and still demonstrates good athleticism. I've read reports that multiple teams think he can succeed as a 4-3 DE, as he's now about the same height-weight as Jordan Willis and Derek Rivers.

3) Julie'n Davenport, OT Bucknell (6'7", 318 lb) - I think Davenport is a project and should be a 4th rounder, but NFL Network mentioned something interesting...take a tackle a round earlier than you have him slotted. So I am. Davenport comes from a weaker division and is raw, but he has outstanding measurables and dominated lesser competition.
Plus, the Bengals like to take projects in the third round, so this makes a lot of sense. If Davenport doesn't pan out at LT, he should be able to succeed at RT or RG after a year of grooming.

4) Bucky Hodges, TE Va Tech (6'6", 257 lb) - Great receiving TE that has the frame to become a dominant blocker. He just needs some development in that area.

4comp) Jeremy McNichols, RB Boise St (5'9", 214 lb) - McNichols is very similar to Burkhead, but he's faster. McNichols can run inside, outside, and is a great receiver. He's more quick than fast, but still a very respectable 40 time at under 4.50.

5) Zane Gonzalez, K Arizona St (6'0", 202 lb) - Bengals need a kicker they can rely on.

5comp) Hunter Dimick, DE Utah (6'3", 268 lb) - Dimick was a surprise omission from the Combine, but he showed up well at his pro day. He's of a similar mold to Demarcus Walker in that he's a base 4-3 DE that should swing inside on passing downs. He produced well at Utah and should be a solid contributor.

6) Chase Roullier, C/OG Wyoming (6'4", 312 lb) - This is my dark horse. Roullier has the versatility that the Bengals covet. He was among the top OL in all the athletic drills at the combine, and we know the Bengals love athleticism for big men. Roullier has very short arms, which is a negative, but he was very good at both OG and C the past two seasons.

6comp) Brendan Langley, CB Lamar (6'0", 201 lb) - Size-speed project after switching from WR early in college. He's a great candidate to groom on the PS for a year or two.

7) Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, DT USC (6'1", 331 lb) - Run-stuffing NT that can also get pressure from collapsing a pocket. He could be a quality backup to Andrew Billings.

7comp) Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee (6'0", 230 lb) - Versatility and instincts are JRM's game. His issue is his size and durability. If he can stay healthy, he fits very well into what the Bengals prefer in their LBs and could become a playmaker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely love it Ocho. Love seeing you throw in McNichols, Dimick and Roullier.

McNichols has been underrated in this RB class, like you said, he can do it all.

Always liked Dimick at Utah, dude would fit perfectly here.

As you know, you turned me onto Roullier out of Wyoming. Sounds extremely solid, just what we need in the middle of our OL.

Love all the picks even Watt who i agree i didn't think fit our Defense but we need to start changing this up and using LB's as playmakers more.

Makes sense taking Davenport a round early, he is talented.

This is a great mock man. Cool
Reply/Quote