Poll: What record will the bengals finish with in 2018?
0-16 to 3-12
4-11 to 6-10
7-9 to 9-7
10-6 to 12-4
13-3 to 16-0
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Final prediction time
(09-03-2018, 12:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: 10-6 is my prediction because have no doubt this team is better than last years team and have seen many positives in preseason.  

If somehow the right side of OL miraculously works out then could see 11, 12, or 13 wins.

Believe the floor is 8 or 9 wins if right side stinks all year.  

Still going 10-6

That's the linchpin. Gotta keep telling myself that it's significantly better than last year. But is it better enough? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see this team (optimistically) going 10-6, maybe 11-5. They may hit some bumps in the first half of the season, but once the OL gets some continuity and finds it's legs, they become an offensive juggernaut down the stretch run.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Assuming they stay relatively healthy

12-4 if the run game gets going and opens up play action
8-8 I'd the run game is as bad as preseason indicated
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: DAY DATE OPPONENT HOME/AWAY TIME/RESULT
Sunday Sept. 9 Indianapolis Colts Away 1:00 pm W

Thursday Sept. 13 Baltimore Ravens Home 8:20 pm. L

Sunday Sept. 23 Carolina Panthers Away 1:00 pm. L

Sunday Sept. 30 Atlanta Falcons Away 1:00 pm. L

Sunday Oct. 7 Miama Dolphins Home 1:00 pm. W

Sunday Oct. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers Home 1:00 pm. L

Sunday Oct. 21 Kansas City Chiefs Away 1:00 pm. L

Sunday Oct. 28 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home 1:00 pm. W

Sunday Nov. 4 BYE

Sunday Nov. 11 New Orleans Saints Home 1:00 pm. L

Sunday Nov. 18 Baltimore Ravens Away 1:00 pm. W

Sunday Nov. 25 Cleveland Browns Home 1:00 pm. W

Sunday Dec. 2 Denver Broncos Home 1:00 pm. W

Sunday Dec. 9 Los Angeles Chargers Away 4:05 pm. L

Sunday Dec. 16 Oakland Raiders Home 1:00 pm. W

Sunday Dec. 23 Cleveland Browns Away 1:00 pm. L

Sunday Dec. 30 Pittsburgh Steelers Away. L

For the record, above is how I see it going. there are 3 games I have down as losses that if the Oline proves to be better than I believe it is right now, they could win those games. The 3 being @ chiefs, @ chargers @ browns.

I don’t include any NFC south opponents because as of now I just think all those teams are better. All legit. I don’t include the Baltimore loss in there because I believe we split with them no matter what. I don’t include either Pittsburgh game because until this team proves they can beat them I have no reason to believe they can or will. They are mentally whipped by Pittsburgh.

So, in my mind, there are certainly swing games but it all hinges on that Oline.

Reply/Quote
I’m still thinking I live in Missouri. I need the Bengals to ‘show me’ they and the coaching staff can over come their blunders and pull out Ws from the jaws of defeat. That being said, the team seems to be healthy and very talented on both sides of the ball. 8-8 should be a very realistic goal for this team, and if a few of the chips fall our way and we get lucky in the games, 10-6 or better cannot be ruled out.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 06:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’m still thinking I live in Missouri.  I need the Bengals to ‘show me’ they and the coaching staff can over come their blunders and pull out Ws from the jaws of defeat. That being said, the team seems to be healthy and very talented on both sides of the ball.  8-8 should be a very realistic goal for this team, and if a few of the chips fall our way and we get lucky in the games, 10-6 or better cannot be ruled out.

Are you saying you see better than you hear?  Me too.  In the predict the North thread I said 8-7-1 because we're due for another one of those useless ties.  Now, if they come out and roll Indy, then maybe I'll change my mind.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If they can do well against the nfc south I think they can pull off 10 wins. They have to beat the teams they should beat though and at least split with the Ravens and Steelers or sweep one of them.
Reply/Quote
Sunday Sept. 9 Indianapolis Colts Away 1:00 pm
Thursday Sept. 13 Baltimore Ravens Home 8:20 pm
Sunday Sept. 23 Carolina Panthers Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Sept. 30 Atlanta Falcons Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 7 Miama Dolphins Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 21 Kansas City Chiefs Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 28 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 4 BYE
Sunday Nov. 11 New Orleans Saints Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 18 Baltimore Ravens Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 25 Cleveland Browns Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 2 Denver Broncos Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 9 Los Angeles Chargers Away 4:05 pm
Sunday Dec. 16 Oakland Raiders Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 23 Cleveland Browns Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 30 Pittsburgh Steelers Away

I have them beating the Colts, Ravens (2), Dolphins, Steelers, Bucs, Browns (2), Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders.

But I have them losing to the Panthers, Falcons, Chiefs, and Steelers.

I believe this team has a chance to go 12-4, but I also view quite a few of those games to be close.
So it depends how well the Bengals are at closing them out.
Wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals went 7-9 either. They have the talent to make it to the AFC Championship game. They just need to execute it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
7-9. I think our run game will make the offense one dimensional and lose us some games. I hope I'm wrong, we get a top 5 defense. And Andy rides the defense to a super bowl victory. If Joe flacco did it why can't Andy
Reply/Quote
I predicted 12-4 on a couple of other threads.
I also mentioned that I see us clean sweeping the Steelers this year, I think our defence is going to terrify a lot of teams we play.
If Ross, Mixon and Boyd get going and our starters all stay healthy I also see us having a great run to the Superbowl especially once our O-Line get used to each other
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 11:44 PM)jorev5 Wrote: 7-9. I think our run game will make the offense one dimensional and lose us some games. I hope I'm wrong, we get a top 5 defense. And Andy rides the defense to a super bowl victory. If Joe flacco did it why can't Andy

[Image: 1.gif]

Reply/Quote
I’ve been very pessimistic over the last few years but I’m going to totally buy in this year. The ownership has made legitimate strides this year, it looks like they’re actually trying. I know that the right side of the OLine looks weak but someone could emerge at RG. I’m not sold on the LB situation but the team looks so stacked on the Dline. I’m gonna go 10-6, with not one but two playoff wins. Obviously, they’ll have to find a run game for any of this to happen. The season just has a great feel to it!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: For me, I still cannot pit any trust in this Oline. They haven’t shown they can run block and in my mind the right side is still an issue in pass protection. I’ve went through the schedule a few times and I just cannot get them above 7 or 8 wins at the moment.

So I’m going 7-9 and desperately want to be wrong.

Glenn and Price alone are worth 2 to 3 more wins than last year.  Let alone if Eifert stays healthy and/or Ross is productive.  Lazor has settled in and a new oline coach as well.....I hate that marvin is back but he has shown he can win a lot of reg season games if he's got the talent.  And they do have plenty of high end talent and the offense won't be cut off at the knees by a grease fire oline, not with Glenn and Price out there.  I got them at 12-4.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
10-6. Steelers also finish 10-6 but win division with tiebreakers. Bengals get 5 seed.
Reply/Quote
For what it’s worth, Hobson has them at 10-6:

https://www.bengals.com/news/2018-schedule-projection

Reply/Quote
I took a wild leap and picked 13-3, just for fun.

My thinking wasn't completely wishful though. Dalton had a really good preseason. AJ is awesome. The DL could be the best pass rush line in the league.

Question marks are run defense and running offense, followed by coaching.

Reply/Quote
I know I've already said 11-5, but make it 12-4

AT COLTS - W - if not, I'm reversing my prediction to 4-12

RAVENS - W It's at home, and Flacco sucks

AT PANTHERS - W - I don't think they have enough on offense to compete with us

AT FALCONS - L Best WRs in the NFL? We'll see.

DOLPHINS
 - W Probably the worst team we face this year
STEELERS - W At home, we're due to beat them

AT CHIEFS - W - Mahomes scares me, but not their defense

BUCCANEERS
 - W Meh Whatever
* BYE WEEK
 * 7-1 to start
SAINTS
 - W Another home game, but I'm predicting another season where we never lose in the Jungle
AT RAVENS
 - L, Flacco will be out with another injury, so we lose to another rookie QB
BROWNS - W, It's the Browns

BRONCOS
 - W, good defense, questionable offense.
AT CHARGERS - L, LA is good. If we beat them in their house, make your Super Bowl reservations

RAIDERS
 - LOL W- Apologies to the Dolphins, THIS is the worst team we'll face all year.
AT BROWNS - W Still the Browns

AT STEELERS - L We've already secured a 1st Round bye, Driskell starts this game. We rest most of the starters.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Sunday Sept. 9 Indianapolis Colts Away 1:00 pm - W
Thursday Sept. 13 Baltimore Ravens Home 8:20 pm W
Sunday Sept. 23 Carolina Panthers Away 1:00 pm W (if you think our OL situation is still a mess, we're Dallas compared to Carolina.)
Sunday Sept. 30 Atlanta Falcons Away 1:00 pm L
Sunday Oct. 7 Miama Dolphins Home 1:00 pm W
Sunday Oct. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers Home 1:00 pm L
Sunday Oct. 21 Kansas City Chiefs Away 1:00 pm W
Sunday Oct. 28 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home 1:00 pm W
Sunday Nov. 4 BYE
Sunday Nov. 11 New Orleans Saints Home 1:00 pm L
Sunday Nov. 18 Baltimore Ravens Away 1:00 pm W
Sunday Nov. 25 Cleveland Browns Home 1:00 pm W
Sunday Dec. 2 Denver Broncos Home 1:00 pm W
Sunday Dec. 9 Los Angeles Chargers Away 4:05 pm L
Sunday Dec. 16 Oakland Raiders Home 1:00 pm W
Sunday Dec. 23 Cleveland Browns Away 1:00 pm L
Sunday Dec. 30 Pittsburgh Steelers Away L

10-6, I think that could very well win the division and will definitely guarantee a wild card.

Random schedule thoughts :

@Chiefs, one of the Steelers games, @Baltimore, @LAC, @Cleveland could go either way. I think Mahomes is really talented and Hunt could carry them if our run defense is still suspect. You have to think that the team is desperate to split with the Steelers at the very least. Could it be like 2012 where the Bengals go into Heinz and they beat them to clinch a playoff berth? (or the division, that would be preferred). I love beating the Ravens, so that's why I have us sweeping them but we always have more trouble playing them at their place. I'll still keep the W @Baltimore for now, though. @Chargers is definitely a trap game. Bosa is probably licking his chops to go against our right OL. It's a warm-weather game in December and depending on how the Bengals are doing at this point, they could be checking out and LAC will take advantage. I have us losing at Cleveland, but I would like to win that one. We will lose to them eventually. Hopefully, we'll already have a spot clinched and this one won't hurt as much. Saints and Falcons are very tough but it would be nice to split those games. In order to be a top team in the league, you have to beat other top teams. Beating one or both of those teams could boost our season in a huge way.
Reply/Quote
I'm sticking to my 6-10 prediction this year. Marvin needs to go. And this season will do it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 11:15 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm sticking to my 6-10 prediction this year. Marvin needs to go. And this season will do it.

We could go 0-16 and Marvin would be back. He has a 2 year deal.

Reply/Quote