Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finalized Top 10 Receivers
(04-27-2016, 09:45 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Jesus, the way you guys talk about Will Fuller, I'd be surprised if he even gets drafted.  What a POS receiver he is.  How did he even play college football with such terrible hands and terrible route running and terrible heart.  I'm surprised he can even run straight. 

ps. The way you internet scouts talk, I now want the Bengals to draft him.  Not because I want him or I think he's the best receiver in the draft, but I just want to see some of your heads explode when the Bengals call his name.

9th best WR for my rankings still isn't awful, but I just don't see him being elite. He has great speed but awful hands (most drops last season combined with smallest hand size in 15 years). Fuller seems like a one trick pony and while that might work great with big armed QB's like Roethlisberger or Flacco, it just isn't what this team needs.What I like more about Coleman is he has a thicker build and is very shifty. He can take a bubble screen or slant route to the house on any given play with his ability to make people miss. He also has a great vertical and plays with a passion not often seen at the WR position (like the Steve Smith comparison). Will Fuller could make someone a very good deep threat but I don't think he would help us as much as Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd, or Sterling Shepherd. Just my opinion but that is why I feel that way.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 10:03 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: 9th best WR for my rankings still isn't awful, but I just don't see him being elite. He has great speed but awful hands (most drops last season combined with smallest hand size in 15 years). Fuller seems like a one trick pony and while that might work great with big armed QB's like Roethlisberger or Flacco, it just isn't what this team needs.What I like more about Coleman is he has a thicker build and is very shifty. He can take a bubble screen or slant route to the house on any given play with his ability to make people miss. He also has a great vertical and plays with a passion not often seen at the WR position (like the Steve Smith comparison). Will Fuller could make someone a very good deep threat but I don't think he would help us as much as Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd, or Sterling Shepherd. Just my opinion but that is why I feel that way.

I think we put a lot of wieght into the physical dimensions. Fullers baby hands probably knocked him down our rankings considerably. First ive seen the smallest hands in 15 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 09:45 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Jesus, the way you guys talk about Will Fuller, I'd be surprised if he even gets drafted.  What a POS receiver he is.  How did he even play college football with such terrible hands and terrible route running and terrible heart.  I'm surprised he can even run straight. 

ps. The way you internet scouts talk, I now want the Bengals to draft him.  Not because I want him or I think he's the best receiver in the draft, but I just want to see some of your heads explode when the Bengals call his name.

Pretty sad post, just because some of us see some signs of a bad pick at 24 doesn't mean he is terrible.

Also pretty sad you care enough for the Bengals to fail so you can gloat. Bad pick at 24, in the 2nd Fuller would be a steal IMHO.
Reply/Quote
Fuller's biggest strength is that he can stretch the field. That's not a bad trait. The question is, is that one trait worth a 1st round pick. The guy does have a knack for getting behind the secondary. The speed is legit...think he ran 4.3's at the combine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would give the Bengals a 1% chance of drafting Fuller.

I would say 0%, but if he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round, I think the Bengals would consider it.

When given the choice between Jerome Simpson and DeSean Jackson, the Bengals chose the former.

That's how disinterested they are in speedy small receivers.

I don't think they've drafted a WR below 190 lbs outside of the 7th round in Marvin's time here. They like big, tall receivers.

For that same reason, I think Coleman is an underdog as well. Coleman is technically bigger than 190 lb, but not by much and he's short, at just 5'10". Height is another thing that the Bengals take very seriously. The Bengals history of WRs smaller than 6'0" is...Mario Alford. I believe that's it (Correct me if I am mistaken).

We're looking at Doctson in the first round, I believe.

If he isn't there, I don't think we go WR. I would like Coleman, but don't think the Bengals would pull the trigger.

I wanted Treadwell early on, but that 40 time (4.64) is just despicable and may have him drop out of the first round entirely. If he were 6'4" or 6'5", he may have been able to get away with that, but not at 6'2".

I want to believe Treadwell could become a Deandre Hopkins, but I don't know. That speed just scares the crap out of me.

If Doctson isn't there, I don't think we lose much waiting until the second round for Boyd, Thomas or maybe Shepard (falls into the same category as Coleman. Hope but don't expect).

I'd rather we go BPA. Hopefully Ryan Kelly. If not him, then a defensive lineman that can rotate and help our already strong defensive line.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty sad post, just because some of us see some signs of a bad pick at 24 doesn't mean he is terrible.

Also pretty sad you care enough for the Bengals to fail so you can gloat. Bad pick at 24, in the 2nd Fuller would be a steal IMHO.

Fuller isn't half as bad as some of you guys are making him out to be. He's a Golden Tate/Percy Harvin type of player which I personally think would be awesome in this offense. I don't see much difference between Coleman and Fuller. Similar body size, quickness, etc. Yes Fuller had a couple drops last year, but he also had to deal with a new QB in the middle of the season. He also has the ability to make some of the most spectacular catches I've seen from a college WR in a long time. Yes he's definitely a late first round, early 2nd round draft pick this year. The top tier of receivers this year for me is Doctson, Treadwell, Coleman and Fuller. After that, there is a drop off to the 2nd tier and an even more drop off to the third tier.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 02:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Fuller isn't half as bad as some of you guys are making him out to be.  He's a Golden Tate/Percy Harvin type of player which I personally think would be awesome in this offense.  I don't see much difference between Coleman and Fuller.  Similar body size, quickness, etc.  Yes Fuller had a couple drops last year, but he also had to deal with a new QB in the middle of the season.  He also has the ability to make some of the most spectacular catches I've seen from a college WR in a long time.  Yes he's definitely a late first round, early 2nd round draft pick this year.  The top tier of receivers this year for me is Doctson, Treadwell, Coleman and Fuller.  After that, there is a drop off to the 2nd tier and an even more drop off to the third tier.

I haven't once campaigned for us to draft Will Fuller. I really don't like the idea of getting him in the first. But if we did I would get on board. He would at least keep teams from constantly doubling AJ. Teams would have to respect his home run hitting ability.
Reply/Quote