Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally an Asst with HC experience
(02-12-2019, 10:27 AM)McC Wrote: So, you still using a rotary phone and riding a horse?  Approved by every DOT in the country.

Oh yeah, and I have put it lots of places where the sun don't shine.  And I've never been sliced by it either.

Well I don't know exactly what we are talking about, but I figure at my age I'd fall on the wire mesh side of the fence.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 11:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I don't know exactly what we are talking about, but I figure at my age I'd fall on the wire mesh side of the fence.

And if you fell on wire mesh, there's a good chance you'd get sliced.  But being sliced by ground up water bottles, not so much.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: They have experience.  They just don't have decades of it.  And if you're thinking in a new way, how much old school knowledge do you really need?  And these are football junkie guys, guys who grew up in it and around it.  And they're a bunch of smart dudes.

Sometimes, the problem with experience is that it shuts the mind off to new and better.  We used to use wire mesh in concrete.  But some really smart guy came up with fiber mesh and it's way better.  A lot of the "old school" guys refuse to get on board.  "I'm old school."  Yeah well, people used to ride horses, were thrilled to watch black and white tv and had rotary phones.

Bob said it 55 years ago and it's still true and always will be--

Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get outta' the new one if you can’t lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin'

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast

The slow one now
Will later be fast

As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fading

And the first one now will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'

I don't have too much problem with the inexperience, but the few on this staff who are experienced (at all) don't have quality experience, either. That's not me saying they're destined for failure or I've given up on Zac Taylor. I try not to ridiculously overreact like that. It is a concern though. Even the most youthful coaching staffs tend to have an "old guy" around somewhere...including the guy Taylor learned from (Sean McVay/Wade Phillips). As another famous Bob once said, "in this great future, you can't forget your past".

We tried to get one of those guys and failed on both counts (Gary Kubiak and Jack Del Rio), so it's not like we're just all about youth now. We tried to get the old guy. Why couldn't we get one? The answer is blowing in the wind.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 10:27 AM)McC Wrote: So, you still using a rotary phone and riding a horse?  Approved by every DOT in the country.

Oh yeah, and I have put it lots of places where the sun don't shine.  And I've never been sliced by it either.

Max 10 fiber FTW. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Max 10 fiber FTW. ThumbsUp

Occasionally, I use industrial grade fibers, which I'm guessing is what Max 10 is(never really knew the actual name of them), use it for dumpster pads, loading docks, etc.  It's black and looks a lot like ground up tires.  When you put a finish on it, it looks like the concrete is wearing a mohair sweater.  Really funny to see.

It eventually gets worn off and/or burned off by the sun and it's incredibly strong.  But if you ever tried to use it on a home owner's driveway, the customer would almost certainly refuse to pay and demand to have it replaced.

We get a kick out of it every time we use it.

Oh and, yeah, high school coach, hmm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote