Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally kumerow is active
(12-28-2016, 01:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: What can it hurt at this point ?

Go for it.

Don't think anyone has a problem woth goving kumerow a lot of play.  Just none of us consider him a potential #2 wr
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Better than lafell

Based on what metric?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I like the guy, he is big and fast and goes up for the ball well.

I like Core as well who also needs lots of snaps. I say play these 2 guys lots in this game.

Lafell has been good for us this year though and i want him back next year. Even if one or both Kumerow and Core have a
big game that doesn't mean they are proven like Lafell is.
Reply/Quote
We have a player named Kumerow? Hmm learn something new everyday.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Always liked Kumerow. Was hoping he'd see more action but his injury set him back during the preseason. I doubt he gets many looks though. If any.

But. Who knows.

They tried to force feed Cody Core last game and we saw how that went.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
He'll get three catches, one of them being awesome, and some people will cream their pants and claim he's our answer at WR.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:57 AM)John Shaft Wrote: That can be said about every practice team WR. I guess your evaluation of him is different that the 31 other staffs of NFL player talent evaluators.
Amazing....LaFell finishes off the longest pass completion of Daltons career (w AJ missing) yet several days later he's deemed by someone as dispensible because of a game 16, 2 year practice squad call up. 
sigh*
And remind me what did he do before that? Exactly. This is why I hate lafell he disappears for long stretches except for one or 2 big plays. He has done it his whole career and all season.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He'll get three catches, one of them being awesome, and some people will cream their pants and claim he's our answer at WR.

So like 2010 when Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell had 2 good games in a row and everyone thought we had great replacements for Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So like 2010 when Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell had 2 good games in a row and everyone thought we had great replacements for Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens.

Somebody will claim that Kumerow could take LaFell's spot, at the very least.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Fine but WR isn't really a spot I'm even concerned about. The depth behind AJ is adequate. We need to fix our offensive line. Unless Kumerow wants to play more of a TE role. Can he block?

Reply/Quote
For pete's sake people...if you want to see a bunch of nobodies who have a .000001% chance of doing ANYTHING in the NFL get crammed onto a football field to "see what they have to offer" you should go watch the Browns. They spent all damn year throwing nobodies, has-beens, and never-wases onto the field...with sexy results!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 08:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For pete's sake people...if you want to see a bunch of nobodies who have a .000001% chance of doing ANYTHING in the NFL get crammed onto a football field to "see what they have to offer" you should go watch the Browns.  They spent all damn year throwing nobodies, has-beens, and never-wases onto the field...with sexy results!

I have to disagree with you. They need to see what some of these guys can do in a real game - albeit one with nothing to gain. There are more than a few players that need to see action before the draft. Actually a couple game ago would have been a time to get a good look. Oh well, it is what it is in Mikeyville.
Reply/Quote

Championship
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:21 PM)Derrick Wrote: I have to disagree with you. They need to see what some of these guys can do in a real game - albeit one with nothing to gain. There are more than a few players that need to see action before the draft. Actually a couple game ago would have been a time to get a good look. Oh well, it is what it is in Mikeyville.

Our season looked pretty dead after week 6, so in theory we could have packed it in there and had a season where we have 4 weeks of pre-season, 6 weeks that counted before we gave up, and then 11 more weeks of pre-season.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: And remind me what did he do before that? Exactly. This is why I hate lafell he disappears for long stretches except for one or 2 big plays. He has done it his whole career and all season.

What do you expect from a #2 WR?

Lafell is 39th in receiving yards among WR.  Among the 45 WRs with at least 750 receiving yards he is 14th in tds, 19th in average per reception, and 24th in yards per target.

His production has been well above average for a #2 WR.  Especially when you consider he is playing opposite AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't think anyone has a problem woth goving kumerow a lot of play.  Just none of us consider him a potential #2 wr

When did I say he was a potential #2 ? 

But the coaches sure were high on him coming out of camp. 

Have not seen enough of him to make call on what his potential is personally. 

The season is over and it is time to take stock in what we have and what we need. 

This game is meaningless, so why not let the players have fun that usually just do the dirty work. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you expect from a #2 WR?

Lafell is 39th in receiving yards among WR.  Among the 45 WRs with at least 750 receiving yards he is 14th in tds, 19th in average per reception, and 24th in yards per target.

His production has been well above average for a #2 WR.  Especially when you consider he is playing opposite AJ Green.

Some of this is inflated per AJ's injury. 

Yet like Lafell myself. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: And remind me what did he do before that? Exactly. This is why I hate lafell he disappears for long stretches except for one or 2 big plays. He has done it his whole career and all season.

What Fred here says, he has had a good year considering it was his first year in the system and our
O-line play that makes it tough for the QB to get him the ball. Injuries are the only reason Lafell has
disappeared in the past.

(12-29-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you expect from a #2 WR?

(12-29-2016, 01:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: When did I say he was a potential #2 ? 

But the coaches sure were high on him coming out of camp. 

Have not seen enough of him to make call on what his potential is personally. 

The season is over and it is time to take stock in what we have and what we need. 

This game is meaningless, so why not let the players have fun that usually just do the dirty work. 

(12-29-2016, 01:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Some of this is inflated per AJ's injury. 

Yet like Lafell myself. 

I agree with Go Cards too. Cool
Reply/Quote