Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton TD Pass
What a pass by Andy on that touchdown!! Being dragged to the ground, and throwing a perfect spiral in the perfect spot like that? Looked like Aaron Rodgers on that play.

Safe to say he's a different, better player than we've seen before. Thank god he's here.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:50 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: What a pass by Andy on that touchdown!! Being dragged to the ground, and throwing a perfect spiral in the perfect spot like that? Looked like Aaron Rodgers on that play.

Safe to say he's a different, better player than we've seen before. Thank god he's here.

Getting Alex Van Pelt was some splendid thievery.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dalton has been throwing much better on the run this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The pact couple years he has seemed disinterested in making plays on the run. You’d often see him throw it out of bounds or only on an outward breaking route to the sideline. This year it seems he is much better throwing on the run and it has led to some big plays for us.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 06:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: The pact couple years he has seemed disinterested in making plays on the run. You’d often see him throw it out of bounds or only on an outward breaking route to the sideline. This year it seems he is much better throwing on the run and it has led to some big plays for us.

I don't know that throwing it away is disinterested in making the play.  Andy has always tried to be smart with the football, so throwing it back across the field isn't going to happen (and it shouldn't).  So if the guys on his side of the field are not breaking free, or only running toward the sideline, then you have limited options.  So it is highly possible that the wide receivers on his side of the field are doing a better job on their duties on the scramble drill.
Reply/Quote
Dalton deserves a lot of credit, but so do the receivers. In previous years when a play broke down, the receivers just stopped. They weren't trying to get open and they weren't coming back for the ball. On many, many plays Dalton threw it away because there were no other options that taking a sack. Even last year when Dalton got crucified for throwing the ball away on 4th down, the receivers were standing still watching him. Whether it's the receivers coach, Lazor, or whoever else, it's nice to see the receivers not giving up when Dalton is on the move.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Dalton deserves a lot of credit, but so do the receivers. In previous years when a play broke down, the receivers just stopped. They weren't trying to get open and they weren't coming back for the ball. On many, many plays Dalton threw it away because there were no other options that taking a sack. Even last year when Dalton got crucified for throwing the ball away on 4th down, the receivers were standing still watching him. Whether it's the receivers coach, Lazor, or whoever else, it's nice to see the receivers not giving up when Dalton is on the move.

This.  ^

I was at the game today and AJ's field awareness has improved.

He was watching and helping out on busted plays.

Much props to someone who is already very talented who stepped it up a notch.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As far as his overall game (decisions, extending plays, accuracy, and confidence) this is the best he has looked since he
entered the league. The best is yet to come for #14.
Reply/Quote
That's one of the things I like about Boyd, when the play breaks down he comes back giving Andy a chance. This seems like the norm with Pitt but always drove me nuts.
Reply/Quote
I was like, oh crap when he threw it, but Joe made a great move to get to it. Then I saw the replay from the EZ and Andy put it perfectly where Mixon could catch it. Great throw!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Dalton deserves a lot of credit, but so do the receivers. In previous years when a play broke down, the receivers just stopped. They weren't trying to get open and they weren't coming back for the ball. On many, many plays Dalton threw it away because there were no other options that taking a sack. Even last year when Dalton got crucified for throwing the ball away on 4th down, the receivers were standing still watching him. Whether it's the receivers coach, Lazor, or whoever else, it's nice to see the receivers not giving up when Dalton is on the move.

I was reading all the replies before I responded and you nailed it.

The Boyd TD in the Panthers game (I think it was Carolina) where Dalton ran to his left and threw across his body to Boyd all alone streaking across the back of the end zone had me jumping for joy.  Not because they scored (well, not ONLY because they scored) but because I have seen for YEARS the Bengal's WRs just stop moving when a play breaks down.  Boyd's action had to have been coached, because now I am seeing it with other players.  When I was still at every game, you could see plain as day, the other WRs just standing there while Dalton would be avoiding what seemed to be and endless wave of pass rushers.  

Drove me nuts.  There should be a third of the field where each WR/TE in a pattern directs themselves when a play breaks down to give Dalton a short, intermediate, and deep option.  These "extended plays" are incredibly difficult for the defense to cover.  

This small, but significant step, is making a difference for Andy and he is now playing with the coaching and preparation that the likes of Brady and Rogers have enjoyed for years.  

Keep it up guys!
Reply/Quote
Dalton's biggest improvement this year has been sliding within the pocket and keeping his eyes down the field.

Usually we would see Dalton take off running or not see a receiver open down the field. Whereas this year he's been finding people as he maneuvers.

I also like how he's taking shots rather than "wait another down". Sure, there will be some forced throws and things, but there will also be more points as well.
Dalton has made some major strides this year. He's no longer just forcing it to Green, he's getting it out to the open receiver and there are guys getting open.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy looks very good this year and could look better if OL gave I'm more time.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote