Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finely/ Jordan is why Tobin and Taylor need to be replaced
Duke Tobin drafted these 2 bums.and Zac Taylor insisted
On starting Jordan and keeping Finely as a backup.And because of their sheer ineptness
Our franchise QB is done for the year and there is no guarentee
His mobility will ever be the same.
And Ryan Finely doesnt have the balls or arm strength to be on a NFL roster.
Oh BTW Tobin this is another year the Bengals Have missed the playoffs. Yet you still have a job As a GM.
And Zac Taylor will be 4 and 27 and 1 at the end of this year.
I dare any Zac Taylor or Duke Tobin fan boi to tell me there is progress being made.
Reply/Quote
Dont draft players that has OSU roots.. just bad luck..hmm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trading up for Finley was a joke move, but the fact that he completely stinks is exactly what fans want. When your starter goes down people start hoping to lose out for a higher draft pick, so Finley is likely to be gangbusters at that.
Reply/Quote
I am a pretty calm and mellow guy about sports but I am pissed. I really want to drive 3 hours south and shit in Zaks mailbox! Give this clown ass used car saleman the same gift he is giving us. A big pile of shit.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trading up for Finley was a joke move, but the fact that he completely stinks is exactly what fans want.  When your starter goes down people start hoping to lose out for a higher draft pick, so Finley is likely to be gangbusters at that.

So by being bad hes really good, but being good, he would be really bad? Say What
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Duke Tobin drafted these 2 bums.and Zac Taylor insisted
On starting Jordan and keeping Finely as a backup.And because of their sheer ineptness
Oh BTW Tobin this is another year the Bengals Have missed the playoffs. Yet you still have a job As a GM.
I dare any Zac Taylor or Duke Tobin fan boi to tell me there is progress being made.
I share your frustration/zac Taylor is a joke and he needs replaced asap..I been calling this all year that his game-plans would get our qb killed this is not LSU it's the freaking NFL..He had burrow attempt 24 passes before halftime with 70% of them coming from empty formation against one of the better d-lines in the league is just not very rational..

This has to be the worst coaching staff I've ever seen assembled and it hurts me to say that..Burrow could've used a coach that knew how to protect him as a play caller but instead he got a jerk that showed that he knew how to protect him thru his play calling..

Duke tobin has a lifetime job here and I'm not understanding why..this has to stop it's time to get a football mind in the Front office and this needs to take place right away..I don't care if it's marvin Lewis for Christ sake I'd be all for someone besides these incompetent people making football decisions..

I'm so pissed off that they let this clown ruin this qb this franchise has to the stupidest organization of all time ..
Reply/Quote
Everyone needs to be replaced from a Front Office and coaching perpective.

-Mike Brown, Kate and Troy do not need to be involved in any single football related decision.

-Duke Tobin needs to go coach youth football, or buy a hot dog cart that he can wheel around PBS and GAB.

-Zac Taylor, and every single coach on his staff, needs to be let go.

They need to bring in a qualified and experienced GM, and let him build out the team from top to bottom, giving full control over the entire process. Let him hire his fellow front office peers, let him build the scouting department, and then they can all collectively build out the coaching staff and team.

Replacing Tobin and Taylor is nowhere near enough. You'll have the same dolts who hired these losers hiring what most likely willl be more losers.

The Brown and Blackburn family is ultimately the problem. Until they step aside, and remove themselves from running this team, we're all just wasting our breathe on things we can do to be more successful.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:04 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: So by being bad hes really good, but being good, he would be really bad? Say What

He either needs to keep being really bad or be good enough that we can unload him for a pick on a dumbass franchise.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trading up for Finley was a joke move, but the fact that he completely stinks is exactly what fans want.  When your starter goes down people start hoping to lose out for a higher draft pick, so Finley is likely to be gangbusters at that.

I still don't understand what they were thinking or thought they saw in Finley that made them want to move up and get him. Just do not get it at all, maybe they bring up Allen from the PS to start these last few games?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I still don't understand what they were thinking or thought they saw in Finley that made them want to move up and get him. Just do not get it at all, maybe they bring up Allen from the PS to start these last few games?

They will promote someone from some bum squad ZT had over the years, but they may as well play Finley to see if he even has backup potential.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They will promote someone from some bum squad ZT had over the years, but they may as well play Finley to see if he even has backup potential.

I think we already know the answer to that question.

Between last years horrible performances and the absolute deer in headlights look today, he is not an NFL level guy.

Meanwhile, you have teams like the Saints. Lose, Brees last year, turn to Teddy Bridgewater. He moves on, and this season, they still have Hill and sign Winston. 

I think what upsets me most, is I see teams like that, who are thinking long term and thinking ahead and always have a plan in place. Those teams are playing chess, while Tobin and Mike Brown are still trying to figure out how to plug in their damn Lite-Bright.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Duke Tobin drafted these 2 bums.and Zac Taylor insisted

I agree that Michael Jordan is not a starter but that was a freak accident.

It is not like the defender blew past and killed the QB. He was actually blocked into QB.

I am frustrated just as much as everyone else but injuries do happen. 

We will lose the rest of our games and hopefully sign Thuney and draft Peneii Sewell. 

Burrow will be back as good as ever and he will have a great line in front of him.

Reply/Quote
Generally I agree though at the moment I am glad to know I can be confident in Finley to help us get the best draft pick available.

We do need a better backup QB in case we're actually trying to, you know, win games some day, but for now Finley is exactly what we need.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I still don't understand what they were thinking or thought they saw in Finley that made them want to move up and get him. Just do not get it at all, maybe they bring up Allen from the PS to start these last few games?

I guess they're thinking was that they could trade up a little in the 4th round for a player who could help guarantee a couple top 5 picks. Which really is invaluable. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:24 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I agree that Michael Jordan is not a starter but that was a freak accident.

That's like saying rear-ending a car you've been tailgating, after being told your brake pads were completely shot is a freak accident.

1.) You should have replaced your brake pads. (You should have invested in a better OL)

2.) You shouldn't have been following so close. (You shouldn't have been throwing the ball 50 times a game with your QB getting drilled so much)

Not only was not a freak accident, it was a likely outcome.  This was a disaster waiting to happen.  It's a shame the Front Office and Zac Taylor didn't do a better job protecting this kid.  The writing was on the wall, and their solution was to do absolutely nothing.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That's like saying rear-ending a car you've been tailgating, after being told your brake pads were completely shot is a freak accident.

1.) You should have replaced your brake pads. (You should have invested in a better OL)

2.) You shouldn't have been following so close. (You shouldn't have been throwing the ball 50 times a game with your QB getting drilled so much)

Not only was not a freak accident, it was a likely outcome.  This was a disaster waiting to happen.  It's a shame the Front Office and Zac Taylor didn't do a better job protecting this kid.  The writing was on the wall, and their solution was to do absolutely nothing.

No sacks today... little or NFL norm pressure ..... offensive line playing better overall last 4 to 5 games... freak injury means coaching and owners fault.. yes got it.. Guess Lewis fault that Tyler Eiffert was hurt in games too.. hmmm
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No sacks today... little or NFL norm pressure ..... offensive line playing better overall last 4 to 5 games... freak injury means coaching and owners fault.. yes got it.. Guess Lewis fault that Tyler Eiffert was hurt in games too.. hmmm

Show me another team that has allowed 12 QB hits this week.  Yeah, great protection, lol.
Reply/Quote
Havent written hear in years, i am just utterly disapointed over the coaching staff. They must leave !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:06 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I share your frustration/zac Taylor is a joke and he needs replaced asap..I been calling this all year that his game-plans would get our qb killed this is not LSU it's the freaking NFL..He had burrow attempt 24 passes before halftime with 70% of them coming from empty formation against one of the better d-lines in the league is just not very rational..

This has to be the worst coaching staff I've ever seen assembled and it hurts me to say that..Burrow could've used a coach that knew how to protect him as a play caller but instead he got a jerk that showed that he knew how to protect him thru his play calling..

Duke tobin has a lifetime job here and I'm not understanding why..this has to stop it's time to get a football mind in the Front office and this needs to take place right away..I don't care if it's marvin Lewis for Christ sake I'd be all for someone besides these incompetent people making football decisions..

I'm so pissed off that they let this clown ruin this qb this franchise has to the stupidest organization of all time ..
Because Duke's old man was a better than most NFL GM and is bestest buddies with our inept owner...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:15 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Because Duke's old man was a better than most NFL GM and is bestest buddies with our inept owner.

Actually not true (Bill Tobin being a great GM)

His career record as an executive was 87-88.  His teams never made a single Superbowl.

Whats even worse, is the only reason is record as a GM is anywhere near .500 is because he took over an already decent Bears team in '87, that still had a number of stars left from the '85 team.

His record after that stop in Chicago was 35-49, and that was much closer to the time he came on board here.
Reply/Quote