Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fines announced
Story, with photos and NFL rules.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
The NFL continues to back the steelers and condone their behavior with these jokes of fines. Ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
Seriously, are we just a bunch of lunatics running around wearing tin foil hats, or is the NFL simply this transparent with its Pittsburgh bias?

I'm trying to be rational here. But every rational bone in my body is screaming that this is the biggest f***** joke since the Anchorman sequel.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know it's not fully relevant because it didn't happen this game, but when is Mike Mitchell going to get suspended for constantly leading with his head and causing concussions?

He concussed AJ Green in Week 17 last year that kept Green from playing in the playoff game. He also gave Latavius Murray a concussion this year on Nov 8 and Tyler Eifert this year on Dec 13.

In an interview after the Murray concussion, Mitchell had this to say..."“If you come across the middle, I’m gonna try to hit you, and I’ll deal with the consequences later." he told reporters including Sporting News' Sean Gentille.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4660533-latavius-murray-hit-knocked-out-mike-mitchell-steelers-raiders

If Burfict gets a 3-game suspension for causing a concussion, Mitchell should get at least that much for repeat occurrences and openly admitting he plays reckless.

For as much emphasis as the league seems to put on the concussion issue nowadays, you'd think they'd come down harder on those who keep causing concussions. I guess that doesn't apply to the golden-child franchise that is the Steelers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Those fines are nothing. Complete srewup from the league office. Fine for Gio's hit should have been significant.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Seriously, are we just a bunch of lunatics running around wearing tin foil hats, or is the NFL simply this transparent with its Pittsburgh bias?

I'm trying to be rational here. But every rational bone in my body is screaming that this is the biggest f***** joke since the Anchorman sequel.

Go around to other teams' boards, we're not the only fanbase, and Rooney had a big part in getting Goodell his job.  Think on that for a bit......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know it's not fully relevant because it didn't happen this game, but when is Mike Mitchell going to get suspended for constantly leading with his head and causing concussions?

He concussed AJ Green in Week 17 last year that kept Green from playing in the playoff game. He also gave Latavius Murray a concussion this year on Nov 8 and Tyler Eifert this year on Dec 13.

In an interview after the Murray concussion, Mitchell had this to say..."“If you come across the middle, I’m gonna try to hit you, and I’ll deal with the consequences later." he told reporters including Sporting News' Sean Gentille.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4660533-latavius-murray-hit-knocked-out-mike-mitchell-steelers-raiders

If Burfict gets a 3-game suspension for causing a concussion, Mitchell should get at least that much for repeat occurrences and openly admitting he plays reckless.

For as much emphasis as the league seems to put on the concussion issue nowadays, you'd think they'd come down harder on those who keep causing concussions. I guess that doesn't apply to the golden-child franchise that is the Steelers.

I've been waiting for him to be suspended dude takes way more cheap shots than Burfict. He's a steeler now so he never will, he'll just be applauded for being "tough"
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Seriously, are we just a bunch of lunatics running around wearing tin foil hats, or is the NFL simply this transparent with its Pittsburgh bias?

Been wondering the same thing but anytime I talk to fans of other teams they always agree steelers are clearly favored. You know what they say, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck..
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:30 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So since Porter was fined that means he should have been flagged, resulting in offsetting penalties.

That's exactly what it means.
The referees were negligent in calling the penalty that should've offset.  Because of that negligence we suffered another 15 yard penalty in obvious frustration.  And so right there the league has essentially said the referees decided the outcome of that game.  The Bengals should be playing this week (and maybe Dalton playing too, who knows... Maybe Bengals go to SuperBowl). But we won't know any of that because the referees screwed up.  Wow, if that's ever a punch in the gut today.  I mean, we all knew it. But NFL verified today wrong team is still in playoffs! 
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
The NFL better hope Vontaz doesn't take them to court.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:50 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Story, with photos and NFL rules.

Quote:"You’re really dealing with the players moving in the same direction towards each other when this rule would apply. The theory being, when players are moving at angles, they don’t have as much opportunity to avoid that contact. That’s where the rule does not apply.

"You watch it here, we’re moving at angle, not a foul."

As others have said this doesn't wash with the written rule or what we see on video, Shazier lined him up from five yards  away with very little angle.

Compare this to Burficts hit in the Jets game in '13.  Burfict was coming at a much more extreme angle than Shazier was and they still called him for crown of the helmet contact and fined him.
Reply/Quote