Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fines coming for Steelers?
The Steelers manipulated the leagues injury policy by putting AB on the list when he wasn't injured., People who took the Steelers and the point spread lost their money because of the deception. This spreads some serious shade on the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Did you read this somewhere or just speculating?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:11 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Did you read this somewhere or just speculating?

We all know the Steelers have their own set of unwritten rules but I did put a question mark behind the heading. If I was someone who bet on the Steelers with a fourteen point spread and then found out this crap went on I would be super pissed. The Steelers actions are a detriment to the game. If this goes unpunished then what would keep a QB from waiting til game day and pull himself after making large wagers against his own team. If the NFL looks dishonest they have a clear cut image problem. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We all know the Steelers have their own set of unwritten rules but I did put a question mark behind the heading. If I was someone who bet on the Steelers with a fourteen point spread and then found out this crap went on I would be super pissed. The Steelers actions are a detriment to the game. If this goes unpunished then what would keep a QB from waiting til game day and pull himself after making large wagers against his own team. If the NFL looks dishonest they have a clear cut image problem. 

Trust me I get it. I had 10 rosters on Fanduel Sunday with AB on each one. Had I not took him out minutes before deadline and went against the advice that he would play, I would be angry. I’m sure there was a ton of money lost. Had he played, the score probably wouldn’t have been as close as it was.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Had he played, the score probably wouldn’t have been as close as it was.

There is no doubt the outcome would have been quite a bit differet if he had been out there. On the flip side, if we had the 18 players on IR maybe we could have scored an offensive TD.

The good news is, if that offense is what you get with JuJu Bean being the number 1 WR, the Steelers are immediately a much smaller threat in the division.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote:  I had 10 rosters on Fanduel Sunday

Bro, there's a hotline that you can call for help with that problem..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bro, there's a hotline that you can call for help with that problem..   Ninja

I won 7 out of 10. No problems.LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We all know the Steelers have their own set of unwritten rules but I did put a question mark behind the heading. If I was someone who bet on the Steelers with a fourteen point spread and then found out this crap went on I would be super pissed. The Steelers actions are a detriment to the game. If this goes unpunished then what would keep a QB from waiting til game day and pull himself after making large wagers against his own team. If the NFL looks dishonest they have a clear cut image problem. 

I don't pretend to know all the rules around the NFL injury report, but I do know it's taken very seriously and I seem to recall some pretty serious issued with it before.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:53 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Steelers manipulated the leagues injury policy by putting AB on the list when he wasn't injured., People who took the Steelers and the point spread lost their money because of the deception. This spreads some serious shade on the NFL.

I didn't think about it until you posted it, but you are probably right. 

Just more evidence that Coach Omar Epps is unfit. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  If this goes unpunished then what would keep a QB from waiting til game day and pull himself after making large wagers against his own team. If the NFL looks dishonest they have a clear cut image problem. 

What does the injury report have to do with stopping this now?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I won 7 out of 10. No problems.LOL

That's because you play with secret cheat codes or something

-rfaulk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:39 PM)6andcounting Wrote: That's because you play with secret cheat codes or something

-rfaulk

Didn’t win our contest. Lol.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: What does the injury report have to do with stopping this now?

The NFL is more than games. If the multitudes think they are being cheated or manipulated then their weekly throngs that play fantasy football or even gamble are likely to leave in droves. Gambling is football and this will bring a bigger stain than kneeling for the anthem ever was. People love them some patriotism but nothing like they love their money.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 05:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The NFL is more than games. If the multitudes think they are being cheated or manipulated then their weekly throngs that play fantasy football or even gamble are likely to leave in droves. Gambling is football and this will bring a bigger stain than kneeling for the anthem ever was. People love them some patriotism but nothing like they love their money.

This has nothing to do with the injury report and Brown was injured. The point itself isn't invalid, but you started the thread by saying "the Steelers put Brown on the injury report" and tried to tie that in to some way it wasn't
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 05:36 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This has nothing to do with the injury report and Brown was injured. The point itself isn't invalid, but you started the thread by saying "the Steelers put Brown on the injury report" and tried to tie that in to some way it wasn't

"Brown showed up to play Sunday but Tomlin benched him" was stated by the Pittsburgh Post. I guess it must have been "fake" news. You, being on the medical staff, should straighten this out immediately.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 05:46 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: "Brown showed up to play Sunday but Tomlin benched him" was stated by the Pittsburgh Post. I guess it must have been "fake" news. You, being on the medical staff, should straighten this out immediately.

Coaches can bench players for whatever reason without giving anyone a heads up. How is this manipulating the injury report?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:10 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Coaches can bench players for whatever reason without giving anyone a heads up. How is this manipulating the injury report?

All week the injury report said that he didn't practice because of a knee injury and they were not optimistic about him playing because of it. And he was listed inactive because of it. Now he probably did have a knee issue however it comes out a day later that he skipped practices because he had a hissy fit and benched. That's clearly being untruthful and deserves punishment.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:10 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Coaches can bench players for whatever reason without giving anyone a heads up. How is this manipulating the injury report?

He practiced long enough wed. to throw a football at a teammate and storm off. The Steelers chose to cover up team dysfunction by claiming injury which is untruthful and taints the system. Faking injury and basically deceiving fans should be punished by the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:31 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He practiced long enough wed. to throw a football at a teammate and storm off. The Steelers chose to cover up team dysfunction by claiming injury which is untruthful and taints the system. Faking injury and basically deceiving fans should be punished by the NFL.

He did not practice Wednesday. Normally he and a few other offensive veterans ( usually Ben and some o-lineman) sit out of practice on Wednesday under "coach decision", but this Wednesday he was out  under "coach decision/knee". 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:29 PM)cinci4life Wrote: All week the injury report said that he didn't practice because of a knee injury and they were not optimistic about him playing because of it. And he was listed inactive because of it.  Now he probably did have a knee issue however it comes out a day later that he skipped practices because he had a hissy fit and benched. That's clearly being untruthful and deserves punishment.

This could be true, but Tomlin is allowed to bench Brown from practices or games under "coach decision" and as long as his knee was actually injured the Steelers are in the clear. If the injury was fake that would be a huge issue, but that would be a conspiracy theory at this point. 
Reply/Quote