Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finland American Football season
(08-12-2020, 04:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh no, nothing wrong with your questions at all! lol

I like 11 players and a smaller ball, but I also like a bigger field and bigger endzones.

I LOVE Rouges and the crazy kicking rules that the CFL has, but I also love that the uprights at the end of the endzone and that you aren't allowed to run up to the line, in the NFL.

Basically, I like the rules of both sports lol.

CFL is crazy and fun to watch, but 3 downs makes for less-offense and less running (normally), which doesn't necessarily mean more defense either; it is an infinitely harder game, IMO than the NFL, despite the core rules and platform, being the same.

Thus, I would have no issues making the rules universal, but it would have to be a hybrid and not one or the other; so Grey (absolutely pun intended) and not Black or White.

I'm also a fan of the bigger size, in the NFL; Dunlap would typically be a NT in the CFL at his size and arguably the best C in league history, was 6'2, 290; not significantly smaller, but would definitely get eaten up in the NFL.

How Matt O'Donnell has lasted this long at this high a level, I have no clue: I guess he truly is an outstanding athlete, 'cause he would be the biggest player in NFL history, had he stuck on our roster.

I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL were to adapt some of the Canadian rules. Specifically the three down( to limit running) and the wider field at 55 yards to create more space on the field.

I misssd watching the CFL this summer it's good football to watch in the summer. Also agree about players being smaller. The CFL linebackers look more like a modern day Nickelback than a traditional LB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 02:34 PM)J24 Wrote: There were 13 players in the NFL from Canada last season. Compare that to the NBA were  there were 18 Canadians in it.  NBA is much smaller and Canadians haven't been playing Basketball all that long compared to Football.

So yeah it is a bit perplexing that there are not more Canadians in the league? I question why that is?
 Is it because Canadian Football is more different than the American kind that it makes it harder for Canadian players to adjust? Or is it because the NFL doesn't scout Canada enough?

All the really good athletes in Canada are playing hockey.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 05:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I had always been disappointed that more linemen hadn't come from Europe.  Europe has such a rich history of producing some of the strongest men in the World.  If they can pull a locomotive, they can for sure drive a mere human off the ball..

Getting fitted is a chore......(he had Bell's Palsy during this filming). You can hear the equipment dude under his breath saying "that's the biggest helmet we have"

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 10:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All the really good athletes in Canada are playing hockey.... Ninja

Eh... not really (I know you have a ninja in your post).

A lot of our athletes have indeed taken up basketball and soccer, though we'll never be anything important in soccer lol.

Baseball is still quite popular in BC and has remained steady here in ON and in QC, but still not a powerhouse sport.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Getting fitted is a chore......(he had Bell's Palsy during this filming). You can hear the equipment dude under his breath saying "that's the biggest helmet we have"

One huge SOB! I remember back in April this year, he was going to lift break the world record for the deadlift, I believe, 1100 LBS.... I forgot to record the event.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 11:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: One huge SOB! I remember back in April this year, he was going to lift break the world record for the deadlift, I believe, 1100 LBS.... I forgot to record the event.

He did break the record, and made it look easy.  I also read recently that he made a sudden announcement that he won't be doing WSM again, anytime soon, effectively an early retirement from the sport.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 11:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: One huge SOB! I remember back in April this year, he was going to lift break the world record for the deadlift, I believe, 1100 LBS.... I forgot to record the event.

I can see him playing Oline for Minnesota.... DT's be like "uh, you can have the first down"

His wife is tiny.... poor thing.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 12:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eh... not really (I know you have a ninja in your post).

A lot of our athletes have indeed taken up basketball and soccer, though we'll never be anything important in soccer lol.

Baseball is still quite popular in BC and has remained steady here in ON and in QC, but still not a powerhouse sport.

Surprised by Baseball not being that big especially considering the success that both the Expos and Blue Jays.

You guys are going to be good in soccer thought. Alphonso is the real deal + the world cup is coming in 2026.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 06:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Surprised by Baseball not being that big especially considering the success that both the Expos and Blue Jays.

You guys are going to be good in soccer thought. Alphonso is the real deal + the world cup is coming in 2026.

Trust me, '94 was the peak of our soccer success Sad

But I thank you for the kudos :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote