Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley
I know this may sound premature..but watching as much football and drafts as I have in my life,,Im usually spot on with knowing if a QB "has it" or not after a few outings. Finely does not have it and he looks like a decent back up in the NFL at the very best. He is inaccurate, has a slow release, does not exude leadership and is not that mobile. He is NOT THE ANSWER!.
Time to start the clock on one of the QBs coming out. I vote for a dual threat guy like Tua (if healthy) or Hurts. Hurts looks like something special to me. IMO
Reply/Quote
While it's probably a bit premature to write him off, I do hope they give Dolegala an extended look this season, as he demonstrated some serious arm talent in preseason. But I actually be a bit surprised if that happens.
Reply/Quote
Finley's flaming hot garbage. Hotter than the flames on that burning bridge to Andy Dalton. He's not even as good of a back up as I initially thought he was.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:09 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I know this may sound premature..but watching as much football and drafts as I have in my life,,Im usually spot on with knowing if a QB "has it" or not after a few outings. Finely does not have it and he looks like a decent back up in the NFL at the very best. He is inaccurate, has a slow release, does  not exude leadership and is not that mobile. He is NOT THE ANSWER!.  
Time to start the clock on one of the QBs coming out. I vote for a dual threat guy like Tua (if healthy) or Hurts. Hurts looks like something special to me. IMO

Totally disagree on looking at QB's next year. We've gotta fix the fronts on both O and D first. No QB will thrive here, as bad as we are. You can forget Tua. 
Reply/Quote
Finley is just a,lesser version of Dalton
Can't extend plays when the situation calls upon it.
His arm has less zip than Daltons.
In order for him to succeed things have to perfect around him.
Reply/Quote
Finley was billed as Diet Dalton and we saw how well full-calorie Dalton fared in this crap situation. I figure Finley would have a hard time but geez, playing Finley in a winnable game legit looks like tanking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What are you talking about? Finley looks really fast but just made bad decisions. I’m actually afraid Burrows game is very similar.
Reply/Quote
Finley's lack of arm strength is glaring. He's actually pretty mobile, certainly more so than Dalton, but when your arm strength doesn't even compare to Dalton's, that's a HUGE problem.
Reply/Quote
Yea, we knew he had a weak arm, but the interception against Baltimore (the pick six) and the same exact play against Oakland that should have been a pick six were just pathetic ball velocity.

If you can't throw a tight and fast 10 yard out route to the near side hash mark, you won't succeed in the NFL, period.

After these two games, I'm not even sure he'd be a good back up, to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:26 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: What are you talking about? Finley looks really fast but just made bad decisions. I’m actually afraid Burrows game is very similar.

Burrow and Finley aren't even on the same planet in terms of ability. No comparison.
Reply/Quote
He has exactly 2 starts. I disagree with OP, he is a little more mobile and faster than AD. On the flip side, I have not seen arm strength to stretch the field as he has no deep threats or and OL giving him the time to go deep.

I can see him developing into a Fitz type QB minimum, a borderline starter or great back up. A great back up can be a great thing to have. Ask the Steeler's who watched Rudolph just throw 4 picks last week. Ask the Lions, who now have Driskel losing games when Stafford went down.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:34 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Burrow and Finley aren't even on the same planet in terms of ability. No comparison.

Yeah, that will likely be the silliest thing I see said today lol

Reply/Quote
I think we will need to sign a VET this offseason as a bridge QB. Not sure if Finley will even be an option to start next season if they choose to not start the new rookie QB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think we will need to sign a VET this offseason as a bridge QB. Not sure if Finley will even be an option to start next season if they choose to not start the new rookie QB.

Please no Cam or Tannehill!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Totally disagree on looking at QB's next year. We've gotta fix the fronts on both O and D first. No QB will thrive here, as bad as we are. You can forget Tua. 

Hey...you're back?

The offensive line actually had decent pass protection the past several games. Really hard to evaluate things though with the QB change as Finley is much worse than Andy.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see Dolegala get some solid time but the combination of the line and play calling will have us calling for his head too. It’s amazing how different a QB can look in regular season but it is what it is. So far I don’t think he’s the answer but he needs more time. I honestly think next year will be more of “rebuild” year weather we take a QB or not. There’s no way in hell we can draft a QB high and throw them behind this line. I think we invest in the lines and LB. Hell we might not even draft a QB at all, and I’m fine with that as long as we fix the lines. I think we are more likely to sign a vet for a year or two as a band aid till we draft a QB in 2021 or while a QB in 2020 rides the bench.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hey...you're back?

The offensive line actually had decent pass protection the past several games. Really hard to evaluate things though with the QB change as Finley is much worse than Andy.

They still look bad. They gave up 4 sacks to all pro Maxx Crosby!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The offensive line actually had decent pass protection the past several games.

No they haven't.  Stop making stuff up.

BEFORE Sunday's game the Bengals were DEAD LAST in ProfootballOutsiders "Adjusted sack rate".

What is your basis for claiming they had "decent" pass protection for "several" weeks?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:09 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I know this may sound premature..but watching as much football and drafts as I have in my life,,Im usually spot on with knowing if a QB "has it" or not after a few outings.

http://thebengalsboard.com/newreply.php?tid=18154&replyto=638190

(11-25-2018, 06:40 PM)kalibengal Wrote:  The only thing I liked was Jeff Driskel, he actually showed something. Please let him play the rest of way, im tired of the red pop gun too.

http://thebengalsboard.com/newreply.php?tid=19372&replyto=686741

(03-02-2019, 01:56 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Being a  So Cal native, I watched Rosen alot in college and the kid can sling it and is accurate... actually talent wise he reminds me alot of Goff 

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Dalton was a key figure in the "Benching for Burrow" initiative.
Reply/Quote