Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley after the bye week?
(10-27-2019, 11:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what I mean, Finley getting the start could be like Rosen getting starts in Miami and then getting the plug pulled on him because "He doesn't have it" expect I feel like MB would run back to Dalton before he'd roll the dice on a high pick QB.

I feel like we'll win 2-4 games with Dalton as QB. IF we go with Finley...we could go 0-16.

Jets, Dolphins, Browns (twice), Steelers...are all bad teams. We COULD LOSE to any of those teams. But, we could also beat some of them.

Heck, we could go 4-12 and the Bengals will be like 4-4 finish 2nd half of the season...the staff is great! Just took time.

We're in a bleak situation, but not bleak enough for the Bengals Management to drastically deviate.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: so your logic is a 1st round pick takes over for an aging QB so our 4th round QB should take over AD.

I am not say don't get Finley a chance, but expect to lose if you do the rest of 2019. Finley is not Daniel Jones.

Doesnt matter what round you are. I think an aging Eli Manning is better than Dalton, Eli got benched..
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're in a bleak situation, but not bleak enough for the Bengals Management to drastically deviate.

MB clearly feels like AJ being on the field is essential to our success, so I can see him not holding losses against Dalton until AJ is back and even then it'll take a few bad performances before they start to count.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we'll win 2-4 games with Dalton as QB. IF we go with Finley...we could go 0-16.

Jets, Dolphins, Browns (twice), Steelers...are all bad teams. We COULD LOSE to any of those teams. But, we could also beat some of them.

Heck, we could go 4-12 and the Bengals will be like 4-4 finish 2nd half of the season...the staff is great! Just took time.

We're in a bleak situation, but not bleak enough for the Bengals Management to drastically deviate.

Dalton ain't the guy that's for sure. Better see what we have in Finley.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:15 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Doesnt matter what round you are. I think an aging Eli Manning is better than Dalton, Eli got benched..

When you take a QB high...there's pressure to play them quick and develop them. There's no pressure to play 24 year old, 4th Round pick Finley.

As far as Dalton vs Manning - That's tough...and I think it depends on the season. Dalton actually has a 4pt higher QB rating for his career.

I'd tend to rate Manning as better because of his 2 SB's where Dalton wilts in the playoffs...but it's really close.

IF Dalton had a Top 5 pick sitting behind him...he'd get benched.
Reply/Quote
Dalton isn't horrible. He isn't great either. He corrected a few things early on and got better, but he isn't likely going to fix anything that's still less than perfect at this point.

At 0-7 with likely some high picks next year, this is a good time to play younger guys. One, to see what we've got and what we need to focus on in the draft. And, two, to let veterans know that of you play as bad as we've been playing, you'll get replaced.

That was one thing I always harped on Marvin about, not sitting vwets. Maybe that was more of a mile issue.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I question whether Mike Brown even knows the wheels have come off his team. He sleeps through games.

Ya know, you're probably right. After hearing his quote about how they won't move anyone at the trade deadline, they probably think they are so close to being a winning team despite being 0-8. They likely chalk it up to all the injuries. And I guess to be fair, we haven't seen this team with all of Green, Glenn, or Jonah yet. Perhaps they would be better. But I don't think they'd have a winning record even with them. The playcalling is too predictable. The defense doesn't cover the middle of the field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Anyone think it is possible that Taylor wants to give Finley a shot, but is waiting until the bye week to give him 2 full weeks of prep before doing so?

I'm at the point that I really want to see what we have in Finley, especially soon. It'll give me a reason to watch the games.

Not to toot my horn ... aw who am I kidding? TOOT TOOT MOTHERTRUCKERS!!! LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Funny how Trollberry never posted about any of Auden Tates drops.

Guess he figure those DO help someone's cause.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how Trollberry never posted about any of Auden Tates drops.

Guess he figure those DO help someone's cause.

Sorry Fred...I just now read this post. I've been spending my time getting caught up on all the posts on Dalton getting benched.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 04:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sorry Fred...I just now read this post. I've been spending my time getting caught up on all the posts on Dalton getting benched.

No need to apologize.  It took me 30 hours to respond in the first place.

But you forgot your response.
Reply/Quote