• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense leads in most explosive plays given up
New Dey!

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey we are winning at something at least
Reply/Quote
Also, they're giving up 5.1 yards per carry and 8.3 per pass attempt, 435 yards ypg, averaging about 1 sack per game and have a grand total of 2 interceptions (even though they've had multiple opportunities).  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
I wonder where the offense ranks in explosive plays, by their criteria?

I am guessing near the bottom if not the bottom. Could be wrong though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Our defense is actually much worse than last year...and Austin got fired for it!
Reply/Quote
I think a fair question is this:

Is Sweet Lou responsible for the poor defense or is the position coaches responsible for players regression in performance? I saw Lewis come in mid season and make a change in defensive performance with the same players Austin had. Makes me wonder about Sweet Lou. Maybe he should go with Turner...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Explains a lot. I see a lot of explosive plays given up in college and this defense reminds me of a college defense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We can't stop the run which makes it easier to pass against us. There are a lot of problems but LB is the biggest if we fix that then a lot of the problems will go away.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We've been getting killed up the middle for years now. Now we are getting killed everywhere. Not sure who is at fault and although I like Lou, he is the DC so it lays on his shoulders. If he doesn't start making some changes rather it be with players or coaches, then rightfully so he should lose his job. Same for the OC. However, since I have no friggen clue what he's doing, it actually lays at the feet of ZT.

One thing that has rubbed me wrong is why ZT thought he needed to call the plays in the first place? Dude went from QB coach to HC. I think the savior title went to his head. He needs to stop calling the plays and put it in the hands of his OC. His sole focus should be making this team better without all the distractions of the other duties.

Reply/Quote
This defense is so bad I miss Rey Maualuga. Compared to today’s lumbering linebackers he was fast — and he was slow as BLEEP.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We've been getting killed up the middle for years now. Now we are getting killed everywhere. Not sure who is at fault and although I like Lou, he is the DC so it lays on his shoulders. If he doesn't start making some changes rather it be with players or coaches, then rightfully so he should lose his job. Same for the OC. However, since I have no friggen clue what he's doing, it actually lays at the feet of ZT.

One thing that has rubbed me wrong is why ZT thought he needed to call the plays in the first place? Dude went from QB coach to HC. I think the savior title went to his head. He needs to stop calling the plays and put it in the hands of his OC. His sole focus should be making this team better without all the distractions of the other duties.

I heard them talking about that very thing today about another HC, Adam Gase ? can't remember. But yes he needs to recognize he's not getting it done and change.
Reply/Quote
Are we at least average in anything beyond net punting yds.....if that's even true.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 08:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This defense is so bad I miss Rey Maualuga.  Compared to today’s lumbering linebackers he was fast — and he was slow as BLEEP.

Makes me miss Chinedum Ndukwe
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 09:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Makes me miss Chinedum Ndukwe

In before someone misses Emanuel Lamur...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 08:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This defense is so bad I miss Rey Maualuga.  Compared to today’s lumbering linebackers he was fast — and he was slow as BLEEP.

it killed me when St. Louis stole Baby Animal from us!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 02:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder where the offense ranks in explosive plays, by their criteria?

I am guessing near the bottom if not the bottom. Could be wrong though.

Offense is 11th in 20+ yd passing plays.

Don't have numbers on 15+ yd rushing plays, but I am guessing near the bottom.  We only have one 20+ yd run, but two teams have 0.
Reply/Quote