Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finley or Stidham QB early in 4 ?
The Bengals picked up an extra 4. In fact they have 10 picks Saturday. Here is where the last of the good QB's in the draft are, and they will go fast. Bengals have OT, TE, LB. They can get a good QB early in 4 and still address other needs with 9 more picks. Bengals could get a QB, WR, RB Saturday and still have 7 picks for Defense and other needs.

I want Defense. I can see Defense. Still, if Bengals don't go QB early in 4, they might as well not draft a QB at all. There is good talent at QB still on the board to give depth behind Dalton and maybe turn out to be QB of the future. Bengals have more than one pick in 4, so QB becomes a real option here. If Dalton would get injured in season, we would have back-up and rookies showed in 2018 they CAN step in. Dalton showed that as a rookie in 2011. The season wouldn't have to be over.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That's what Bengals did. In fact they moved up to 2nd pick in 4th to take Finley from NC State. So they have 7 or 8 picks left instead of 9, but this is a great pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think Findlay will have a great chance to develop since the team has several folks with QB backgrounds and Andy isn't the selfish type who would refuse to teach him the things he's learned since joining the league. Sounds like the young man may just have a bright future with the Bengals if not elsewhere. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think without a doubt he starts the season as the #2 QB.

Then again, I was sure they would pick Drew Lock in the 2nd and they traded him away....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:24 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I think without a doubt he starts the season as the #2 QB.

Then again, I was sure they would pick Drew Lock in the 2nd and they traded him away....

So Bengals could have taken Lock, but they didn't want him in 2.   Coach Taylor wanted to trade back and get more picks for Last Place Bengals.  At one point Bengals had 13, more than any team.  Kind of like an expansion draft for the new head coach.  Then in 4 they started trading back up.  Look, they had extra practices due to new coach, and maybe Taylor saw how gimpy Eifert is.  They sure took TE in 2nd.  Bookends of OT and LB.  Then traded up for second pick in 4 to take this QB that Taylor really liked in workouts in Cincy. 

Dalton is not a great big problem, but Blocking and Tackling are. Bengals got Blocking and Tackling, a TE die to often injured Eifert, and still got an almost round 3 QB. 

I agree that Dalton is a good team player and will help the young QB develop. We will have a solid #3 QB also on bench or practice squad. Hey, this isn't Marvin. We don't know how many QB's Taylor will suit up each week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote