Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finley traded not released
Finley traded . . . That falls in the category of mind blowing.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Did someone accidentally butt dial them? Then just make weird conversation to save face and end up making a trade in the process?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
whatever else we can say about Ryan we can all remember on one memorable Monday night in a rather depressing season he beat the Steelers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:39 PM)pally Wrote: whatever else we can say about Ryan we can all remember on one memorable Monday night in a rather depressing season he beat the Steelers

Yes. Never forget it.

Reply/Quote
Turns out it's a "late-round pick swap to move up 30 spots", so potentially our 7th for their 6th which would actually be a decent return for him lol.
Reply/Quote
Per Rapaport on Twitter.

"This trade is a late-round pick swap that allows the #Bengals to move up about 30 spots at the end of the draft."
Reply/Quote
Hue working for Houston?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I could see this as being a very minor swap of draft picks as Houston doesn't have a 7th rounder. Something that the Patriots did recently. It's still a benefit if it goes down, something like:

Bengals trade: Finley and pick #233(7)

Texans trade: pick #210(6)

-we basically move up like 23 spots in the draft for a guy we were releasing its a good trade IMO. and they don't lose a pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I could see this as being a very minor swap of draft picks as Houston doesn't have a 7th rounder. Something that the Patriots did recently. It's still a benefit if it goes down, something like:

-we basically move up like 23 spots in the draft for a guy we were releasing its a good trade IMO. and they don't lose a pick.

It's NFL like.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Seriously, the Texans have the dumbest FO in football. Disaster last year got O'Brien canned, and the new guy is just as bad. I mean, think the Texans would want to rethink turning down #3 (and Tua!?) for Watson about now? Yeesh.

That's great news to read, as it means that the Bengals FO has to have moved up at least one slot.   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wow that Finely to Erickson connection is gonna really light
Up the skies now
Reply/Quote
Nice work front office. Moving up nearly a full round for a player you were cutting anyway is good business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Man the Texans FO is terrible.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps Texans thought “let’s get that backup from cincy that torched us! I forgot his name... What does the Cincinnati depth chart say? Finley, that sounds right!”
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote:  
someone gave us a pick for him! ? ??  LOL

Our genius HC traded up for him... Which is worse?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hue working for Houston?

The guy's been outta the league for years, went 0-16 one season and still has more wins as HC than the guy who moved up to draft Finley... I'm not sure that joke plays.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I am stunned we got anything of value for Finley. Major win for the FO. Props to them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We got more for Finely than we did Dalton.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I could see this as being a very minor swap of draft picks as Houston doesn't have a 7th rounder. Something that the Patriots did recently. It's still a benefit if it goes down, something like:

And we thought the Bengals FO was the worst in the league.  Hell is freezing over
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:25 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Texans have any O-lineman we like?

No.  Their line is worse than ours
Reply/Quote