Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Marvin Advertising
Want to make your voice heard? Donate to this Go Fund Me to help pay for advertisements in the Queen City. Your donation will be put to good use. Yeah, Mike Brown doesn't care what the fans think. But this would get a lot of attention.

https://www.gofundme.com/FireMarvLewisNow
Reply/Quote
I am happy to see this.

It will prove once and for all how serious people are about getting Marvin fired. Instead of just coming here and squealing at people for buying tickets they can put their money where their mouth is.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 05:34 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Want to make your voice heard?  Donate to this Go Fund Me to help pay for advertisements in the Queen City.  Your donation will be put to good use.  Yeah, Mike Brown doesn't care what the fans think.  But this would get a lot of attention.

"I'm happy to be kicked around. I'm still here. So go at it if you will." - Mike Brown, 2016
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am happy to see this.

It will prove once and for all how serious people are about getting Marvin fired. Instead of just coming here and squealing at people for buying tickets they can put their money where their mouth is.

Meh - there's probably better options available. Protesting in front of stadium, social media, viewing (TV), merchandise, tickets, and concession are a few areas that don't involve me donating money and him losing it. That's the ultimate message.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 07:34 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Meh - there's probably better options available. Protesting in front of stadium, social media, viewing (TV), merchandise, tickets, and concession are a few areas that don't involve me donating money and him losing it. That's the ultimate message.

Well, they've all been tried before and hasn't had much effect. How embarrassing would it be for the franchise if there was a giant billboard saying "fire Marvin"? Make it a billboard near PBS
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 08:12 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote:  How embarrassing would it be for the franchise if there was a giant billboard saying "fire Marvin"?  Make it a billboard near PBS

I don't see how that would be embarrassing at all.  Putting something on a billboard does not give it any credibility.

But how embarrassing will it be for all the people who claim that they "demand more than mediocrity" and are "not going to stand for this anymore" if they can't even raise enough money to put up a billboard?

I mean if Marvin really is as stupid and offensive to the fans as you claim then you should get a ton of money, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 05:34 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Want to make your voice heard?  Donate to this Go Fund Me to help pay for advertisements in the Queen City.  Your donation will be put to good use.  Yeah, Mike Brown doesn't care what the fans think.  But this would get a lot of attention.

I will seriously consider donating to this if I can get some more details and it makes sense to me.

1. Where specifically will the billboard(s) appear and for how long?
2. Why is the goal $10k, what is that based on? 1 billboard? 2? 3? More?
3. What will happen to my money if not enough is donated to get at least one billboard up?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
While I'm all for Marvin getting the boot, this is just a huge waste of time and money. Everybody Mike Brown comes in contact with could tell him Marvin should go and I doubt it would make a bit of difference. Mike Brown does what he wants and he does not pay coaches to not coach.
Reply/Quote
That will be a huge waste of time and money. Mike Brown has shown time and time again he couldn't care less about what the fans think. The only way to get him to make any changes is to hit him where it hurts the most: his wallet. It's so simple folks. You want Marvin gone, simply save your hard earned money and don't buy tickets next year (and certainly don't waste it on a billboard that will only fall on deaf ears). Take action through inaction: stay home on game day.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 03:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: That will be a huge waste of time and money. Mike Brown has shown time and time again he couldn't care less about what the fans think. The only way to get him to make any changes is to hit him where it hurts the most: his wallet. It's so simple folks. You want Marvin gone, simply save your hard earned money and don't buy tickets next year (and certainly don't waste it on a billboawrd that will only fall on deaf ears). Take action through inaction: stay home on game day.

Pretty much this.  I agree with the sentiment and appreciate the effort of the OP....but WhoDeyRevolution put up billboards around the stadium asking to hire a GM....and Mike Brown urinal cakes in PBS.  We see what effect that had.  Son of Paul has ZERO shame.  Good premise....but you're wasting your time and money.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Isn't it cheaper to just stop buying tickets and merchandise?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Isn't it cheaper to just stop buying tickets and merchandise?

It is but sadly I think that fact is lost on a high percentage of our fan base. They'll continue to attend games while remaining blissfully ignorant to how happy their $$$ makes Mike Brown. 
Reply/Quote
Meh, no one's blissfully ignorant. We like going to games and we have the time and money to do so. It's an entertainment choice, plain and simple. Sorry, but a bunch of strangers on a message board aren't going to convince me to do otherwise.

So, stay home, buy a billboard (or two or three), burn a jersey or stick pins in your Mike Brown doll. It'll all have the same exact effect. But, if makes you feel better, at least that's something.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 09:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, no one's blissfully ignorant.  We like going to games and we have the time and money to do so.  It's an entertainment choice, plain and simple.  Sorry, but a bunch of strangers on a message board aren't going to convince me to do otherwise.  

So, stay home, buy a billboard (or two or three), burn a jersey or stick pins in your Mike Brown doll.  It'll all have the same exact effect.  But, if makes you feel better, at least that's something.

On the contrary, staying home and not buying merchandise is the only thing that will have any effect on Mike Brown. Your logic is a prime example of what is wrong with our fanbase. You're lying to yourself. Unless you're happy with Mike Brown keeping Marvin on as head coach, or you simply don't care about the immediate future of the franchise, there is no good reason to attend any games until Mike makes a change. I understand that it's a fun to be there on game day and that it's likely become somewhat of a tradition to do so. But you're essentially telling Mikey Boy "all is well!" by adding to the attendance total. It's your call, I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. Of course that's up to you. Just think about it...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 09:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: On the contrary, staying home and not buying merchandise is the only thing that will have any effect on Mike Brown. Your logic is a prime example of what is wrong with our fanbase. You're lying to yourself. Unless you're happy with Mike Brown keeping Marvin on as head coach, or you simply don't care about the immediate future of the franchise, there is no good reason to attend any games until Mike makes a change. I understand that it's a fun to be there on game day and that it's likely become somewhat of a tradition to do so. But you're essentially telling Mikey Boy "all is well!" by adding to the attendance total. It's your call, I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. Of course that's up to you. Just think about it...

Oh, I've thought about it.  Walking out of that playoff game last January, I thought I was done.  I think about it every year when I write that check, and I'll think about it next month when I write the check yet again.  

I like going to the games, and I remember a time when I didn't have enough money to buy tickets to one game, let alone ten every year. As meaningless as it was, I had a great time at the Baltimore game.  So, I'll be there when the gates open for the first pre-season game.  If some choose to see me as hastening the franchise's demise, I can live with that.  
Reply/Quote
Negative ads only work in politics.

Let's try to get "Hire Marvin!" ads put up all over Buffalo, San Francisco, Denver, and Jacksonville
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 08:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Negative ads only work in politics.

Let's try to get "Hire Marvin!" ads put up all over Buffalo, San Francisco, Denver, and Jacksonville

Guessing John Elway would rather pull out his horse teeth one at a time with rusty pliers than hire Marvin.  Maybe we can convince San Fran.  28 years later we finally get our revenge for SB XXIII.   
Reply/Quote
Ironically the biggest advertiser for firing Marvin Lewis is marvin Lewis and his garbage performance. Unfortunately, you-know-who is the one who would be the one doing the firing. It ALL falls on deaf stubborn ears.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 09:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Guessing John Elway would rather pull out his horse teeth one at a time with rusty pliers than hire Marvin.  Maybe we can convince San Fran.  28 years later we finally get our revenge for SB XXIII.   

Heck, I'm still bitter on San Fran. from SB XVI..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  "I'm happy to be kicked around. I'm still here. So go at it if you will." - Mike Brown, 2016

Reply/Quote