Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tobin
Do it now.

Tobin built this shit show from the top down.

We have 12 more games to get someone in here who may actually be able to satisfactorily evaluate NFL level talent and get a head start on building a team that can compete next year.

That is all.
Reply/Quote
Agreed

Missed high draft picks are certainly one of the many reasons we are where we are.

It's time to get a GM like the rest of the league, we've proven what we've been doing isn't working
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Agreed we need someone that will challenge Mike instead of being an yes man.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wish I could fail miserably at my job and still keep it like tobin
Reply/Quote
I think firing Tobin and Jim Turner on Tuesday would give at least some hope in what otherwise is a dismal start of season.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Do it now.

Tobin built this shit show from the top down.

We have 12 more games to get someone in here who may actually be able to satisfactorily evaluate NFL level talent and get a head start on building a team that can compete next year.

That is all.

You forget that Mike Brown pays himself the GM salary, sets the FA direction, and lets his daughter and moron son-in-law have a say in football management decisions.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think firing Tobin and Jim Turner on Tuesday would give at least some hope in what otherwise is a dismal start of season.

Until Mike fires himself, Katie, and Troy nothing will change. Ownership has zero clue how to operates consistently successful team.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
"The Bengals have the most draft picks on their roster of any NFL team!"

"The Bengals also ***** suck!"
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:53 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: You forget that Mike Brown pays himself the GM salary, sets the FA direction, and lets his daughter and moron son-in-law have a say in football management decisions.

Exactly any good GM candidate will want to have the title and salary of a GM. Add in working with the smallest scouting department in the league and it’s not a desirable job for legit candidates.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think firing Tobin and Jim Turner on Tuesday would give at least some hope in what otherwise is a dismal start of season.

Absolutely. Jim Turner turns maulers into marshmallows.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:55 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Until Mike fires himself, Katie, and Troy nothing will change.  Ownership has zero clue how to operates consistently successful team.

Baby steps for hope...baby steps....
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Williams is hurt , Sample got ran over on a block today , Wten the only okay I saw of him he wasn’t guarded and the running back went around him pretty easy , Finley held a clip board all night , n Pratt never did anything on the field. Amazing draft picks by Tobin. The best part was they were all praised by the homers on draft day.
Reply/Quote

Tuesday? Fire Turner's ass tonight, then leave him stranded in Pittsburgh. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:55 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Until Mike fires himself, Katie, and Troy nothing will change.  Ownership has zero clue how to operates consistently successful team.

I mean, shit.... Don't people change over time? I thought they were supposed to take more of a hands off approach. Tobin reportedly ran the head coach search and is the head of player personnel. He is the captain of the draft room no doubt. The whopping 7 other player personnel staff members are listed under Tobin as well. 

I will blame Mike and fam in this case for signing off on the dumb ass contracts recently handed out to guys like Hart, Uzi, Webb, and Gio. But I don't think that happens without recommendation from Tobin. And I will blame them for pulling that same old loyal to a fault story that they pulled with Marvin. They gave the kid of the guy who made Mel Kiper famous a front office NFL job and eventually made him the most powerful non-family member in the organization. Unbelievably it didn't work out. And after years of failure. Maybe they will give someone else a shot.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:21 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Williams is hurt , Sample got ran over on a block today , Wten the only okay I saw of him he wasn’t guarded and the running back went around him pretty easy ,  Finley held a clip board all night , n Pratt never did anything on the field.  Amazing draft picks by Tobin.  The best part was they were all praised by the homers on draft day.

1.) You're really going to be mad at a player for being hurt?
2.) Definitely an over reach of a pick but dude is only third string. Not sure how you can judge him as a player either good or bad since he hasn't played.
3.) Pratt should be starting he is better than both Brown and Vigil.
4.) Again an over reach of an pick but again has played very little not sure how you can tell either way.

I don't disagree with you that Tobin should be fired but at least present a better argument than you did with the post above. You're effort is Mike Brown like.
You want to get rid of Tobin attack his free agency record it's not that hard.
J24

Reply/Quote
I see no point in hoping for Tobin to be fired. Mike Brown is not going to bring in some genius GM, and even if by some miracle he finally decided he needs to, why would a top guy want to come here and work for one of the worst owners in sports?

You certainly can’t blame Tobin for our inability to bring in good FA’s. He doesn’t sign the checks, Brown does. Does anyone honestly believe Tobin WANTS to be so cheap and only go after bargain bin or over the hill players?

Reply/Quote
I wonder how self-aware Brown is; If he has enough wherewithal to recognize the degree to which he has failed. Maybe the embarrassment is too much and he literally can't consciously acknowledge it or he'll faint. Who knows?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see no point in hoping for Tobin to be fired. Mike Brown is not going to bring in some genius GM, and even if by some miracle he finally decided he needs to, why would a top guy want to come here and work for one of the worst owners in sports?

You certainly can’t blame Tobin for our inability to bring in good FA’s. He doesn’t sign the checks, Brown does. Does anyone honestly believe Tobin WANTS to be so cheap and only go after bargain bin or over the hill players?

Tobin has been the GM since 2011 he's not innocent in this debacle. This is his team make no mistake about it.
We can talk about Coaching or the draft all we want but if the Bengals don't change the way they do business than nothing will change when it comes to win & losses. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:20 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Tobin has been the GM since 2011 he's not innocent in this debacle. This is his team make no mistake about it.
We can talk about Coaching or the draft all we want but if the Bengals don't change the way they do business than nothing will change when it comes to win & losses. 

You didn’t answer my question...do you honestly believe it’s Tobin’s choice not to bring in better FA’s?

Calling him out on draft busts is fair, and the misses at OL have pretty much killed us the last handful of years, but let’s not ignore the fact that Tobin is probably dealing with the worst owner in the league.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You didn’t answer my question...do you honestly believe it’s Tobin’s choice not to bring in better FA’s?

Calling him out on draft busts is fair, and the misses at OL have pretty much killed us the last handful of years, but let’s not ignore the fact that Tobin is probably dealing with the worst owner in the league.

Yes I do infact I think that's one of the reasons why Mike and the Family likes him so much. Now I will say he is the only one who can probably convince the moron family to actually spend in free agency but I am not going to put money on it.
J24

Reply/Quote