Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tobin
(10-10-2019, 12:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: because there is a GM out their just waiting to come work here?  most anyone with any competence at the job is already doing the job.

Remember back when folks used to pontificate upon the idea of Marvin Lewis "graduating" into a GM position in the front office?  You know, that idea doesn't really sound half bad, at this point..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remember back when folks used to pontificate upon the idea of Marvin Lewis "graduating" into a GM position in the front office?  You know, that idea doesn't really sound half bad, at this point..

Need to start a Hire Marv for GM thread Sunset...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remember back when folks used to pontificate upon the idea of Marvin Lewis "graduating" into a GM position in the front office?  You know, that idea doesn't really sound half bad, at this point..

I think that boat has sailed sadly.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: of course they are trying to get a backup ready at LT.... 

andre is out I believe or could be.. so if something happened to John jerry would you prefer they had no one ready to step in?

Neither Andre or John Jerry were the top 2 plans at the spot... Both were here for backup roles and pushed into starting.

if your gonna attack them at least make some sort of sense about it....

Glad you are not calling the shots. Of course it is impossible to have a worse outcome so far so it wouldnt really matter.

Like i said. Everybody knew Andre couldn't be counted on for 16 games. Everybody knew Glenn couldn't. Everybody knew Jerry was out of the league last year.

We have a "GM" who is straight up garbage evaluating OL and is affraid to sign anyone outside of his tiny little orbit. And guess what? The lame ass familiarity argument is not going to magically make Redmond an acceptable option at LT if needed.

Plan A was a decent plan. At least it was an unknown with upside.

Plan B was dumb and we are overpaying. And have been wasting a roster spot for a guy at the twilight of his career when we could have IRed and used that spot on someone who wants to play football. 

Plan C was on his couch and had minimal experience playing LT in the league. But we knew him so it was convenient. 

Plan D was on his couch and had minimal experience playing T in the league. But we knew him so it was convenient.

Plan E was last seen getting put on his back by 3rd and 4th stringers while playing G in preseason games. But he was still under contract for cheap and we knew him so it was convenient. Fresh off a 1 month vacation and barely participated in the offseason program and training camp. 

Gee whiz. I wonder why none of these plans are working.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Glad you are not calling the shots. Of course it is impossible to have a worse outcome so far so it wouldnt really matter.

Like i said. Everybody knew Andre couldn't be counted on for 16 games. Everybody knew Glenn couldn't. Everybody knew Jerry was out of the league last year.

We have a "GM" who is straight up garbage evaluating OL and is affraid to sign anyone outside of his tiny little orbit. And guess what? The lame ass familiarity argument is not going to magically make Redmond an acceptable option at LT if needed.

Plan A was a decent plan. At least it was an unknown with upside.

Plan B was dumb and we are overpaying. And have been wasting a roster spot for a guy at the twilight of his career when we could have IRed and used that spot on someone who wants to play football. 

Plan C was on his couch and had minimal experience playing LT in the league. But we knew him so it was convenient. 

Plan D was on his couch and had minimal experience playing T in the league. But we knew him so it was convenient.

Plan E was last seen getting put on his back by 3rd and 4th stringers while playing G in preseason games. But he was still under contract for cheap and we knew him so it was convenient. Fresh off a 1 month vacation and barely participated in the offseason program and training camp. 

Gee whiz. I wonder why none of these plans are working.

So who would you have signed at LT ?  There was nothing left out there when we signed Andre Smith. People act like there are just good LT walking the streets or teams are just willing to give them up. You can blame the front office for a lot they caught a bad break at LT. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:01 PM)lone bengal Wrote: So who would you have signed at LT ?  There was nothing left out there when we signed Andre Smith. People act like there are just good LT walking the streets or teams are just willing to give them up. You can blame the front office for a lot they caught a bad break at LT. 

Exactly, our LT of the future is injured. We had our guy and lost him, then Glenn went down, now Andre...

Dem be bad breaks.
Reply/Quote
Re-signing Hart as our premier free agent and drafting Sample in second round says it all.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:01 PM)lone bengal Wrote: So who would you have signed at LT ?  There was nothing left out there when we signed Andre Smith. People act like there are just good LT walking the streets or teams are just willing to give them up. You can blame the front office for a lot they caught a bad break at LT. 

Probably Donald Penn.

I could go through the list of guys on practice squads right now and pretty much anybody who can play T would be a better option than Redmond.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Probably Donald Penn.

I could go through the list of guys on practice squads right now and pretty much anybody who can play T would be a better option than Redmond.

I mean Penn at 36 years old is essentially the same thing as singing Andre Smith, basically both washed up vets. Jerry is staring at LT there just preparing Redmond as an emergency 6th option lol. The Boling retirement also hurt this team a lot he used to do a decent job at LT. At this point in the season I can care less who starts the worse the better it is for the tank.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:41 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I wish I could fail miserably at my job and still keep it like tobin

or, like many players on our team....
Reply/Quote

Probably Donald Penn.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:06 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I mean Penn at 36 years old is essentially the same thing as singing Andre Smith, basically both washed up vets. Jerry is staring at LT there just preparing Redmond as an emergency 6th option lol. The Boling retirement also hurt this team a lot  he used to do a decent job at LT. At this point in the season I can care less who starts the worse the better it is for the tank.

So true about Boling which is one thing i didn't initially think of.
Reply/Quote