Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tobin
(10-01-2019, 02:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yes I do infact I think that's one of the reasons why Mike and the Family likes him so much. Now I will say he is the only one who can probably convince the moron family to actually spend in free agency but I am not going to put money on it.

That seems crazy to me. If I’m Tobin I want the absolute top tier FA’s I can get. It’s not his money, what incentive does he have to be cheap?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That seems crazy to me. If I’m Tobin I want the absolute top tier FA’s I can get. It’s not his money, what incentive does he have to be cheap?
 He keeps his job for one. Secondly he is a good guy at drafting talent and maybe that's what he is most comfortable with. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:59 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote:  He keeps his job for one. Secondly he is a good guy at drafting talent and maybe that's what he is most comfortable with. 

Possibly. I just think it’s easy to see the difference between Brown running things himself in the 90’s, compared to when Tobin and Marvin arrived in the early 00’s. Things clearly got better.

With that said, we’re looking at a 4th losing season in a row, and outside of the question mark of Jonah Williams, and maybe Finley, last years draft is looking pretty bad.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:09 AM)treee Wrote: I wonder how self-aware Brown is; If he has enough wherewithal to recognize the degree to which he has failed. Maybe the embarrassment is too much and he literally can't consciously acknowledge it or he'll faint. Who knows?

I have seen and worked for the likes of Mike Brown in my business career. Only once has old Mikey noted that 'his way is not working' and that is when he hired ML. He is the type of guy that sees the playoff teams they built a few years back and thus will translate that mentally into 'our model can work if we stick to it and get luckier with injuries, etc". He will NEVER change the way he manages the cap (he is passive with the cap versus aggressive) because it is not in his nature. He is the same with his business model, it makes money so he wont change it. As for self awareness, it is possible he knows he should change but he cannot change. Important to know the distinction, he cannot change - his mental makeup wont allow it. And his 'desire to win' which has been stated many times is not enough for him to actually make the changes needed to win - this is proven and proof that he cannot change. 

Taylor is attempting to change the culture and add accountability - honorable but doomed to fail. Accountability HAS TO start at the top and work down. You will never find an example where it started in the middle and worked for the long term. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:21 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Williams is hurt , Sample got ran over on a block today , Wten the only okay I saw of him he wasn’t guarded and the running back went around him pretty easy ,  Finley held a clip board all night , n Pratt never did anything on the field.  Amazing draft picks by Tobin.  The best part was they were all praised by the homers on draft day.

They sure were. Don't forget Deshawn Davis. I told everyone the moment he was picked that he was awful and a complete waste of a choice. 

He didn't even make the team. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I thought Tobin should have been replaced years. Maybe its his last name that keeps him around. But the Bengals are notorious for
Hiring the offspring of famous football guys and they
End of failing here
Tobin hasn't had a great draft since the 2011 draft. But anybody with half a mind could have drafted AJ Green.
Give me a up and coming football guy in a front office
That's built playoff teams year in year out
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:21 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Give me a up and coming football guy in a front office
That's built playoff teams year in year out

No person with such experience would be dumb enough to set foot in the Bengals front office. It *might* change once Mikey steps away, down or dies. But only if Katie actually relinquishes football control to someone, takes a more aggressive cap approach and lets said football person hire more and better staff. 

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Do it now.

Tobin built this shit show from the top down.

We have 12 more games to get someone in here who may actually be able to satisfactorily evaluate NFL level talent and get a head start on building a team that can compete next year.

That is all.

Please,get Tobin a HAIR-PIECE,The sun has fried his small brain,why in hell are we using him as the GM? We are the only nfl team with no GM.Its a cheap ass way to run a nfl franchise.Someone out there please help us so long-suffering fans and take away this madness.But wait,Its a NEW-DEY!!!! REALLY,I am convinced I will NEVER see a super bowl victory in my lifetime.Does anyone out there care anymore????So insane,and the stoolers just embarrassed us again for the world to see and it just goes on and on.Dave Lapham should be coaching this O-line,as they are just awlful under this guy.
Reply/Quote
Bump...

Our POS, fake ass GM has our coaching staff preparing Redmond at LT.

He is either doing Mikey's work and trying to save a dollar or is completely incompetent.

Most Bengal fans I know knew Andre couldn't be counted on for 16 games. Most also knew counting on John Jerry, who was out of the league last year, was dumb.

Somehow we have a GM who disagreed with both of those things. And now to help fix the obvious problem at LT, dude is plugging in Redmond at LT the guy who couldn't pass block at G, who was suspended for PEDs, and looked worse than ever in the preseason this year.

Is this a F'n joke?

Fire Tobin. If he is responsible for player personnel. He has failed. Holy shit... Use some common sense Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:45 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) You're really going to be mad at a player for being hurt?
2.) Definitely an over reach of a pick but dude is only third string. Not sure how you can judge him as a player either good or bad since he hasn't played.
3.) Pratt should be starting he is better than both Brown and Vigil.
4.) Again an over reach of an pick but again has played very little not sure how you can tell either way.

I don't disagree with you that Tobin should be fired but at least present a better argument than you did with the post above. You're effort is Mike Brown like.
You want to get rid of Tobin attack his free agency record it's not that hard.

Williams came in with the injury.
Who knows what Sample will end up doing, but we don't utilize the TE position in this offense very much, so it's like we won't see what he can do any time soon.
If Pratt were practicing better than Vigil or Brown he'd be starting.
Finley is an upgrade at backup QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 01:25 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Williams came in with the injury.
Who knows what Sample will end up doing, but we don't utilize the TE position in this offense very much, so it's like we won't see what he can do any time soon.
If Pratt were practicing better than Vigil or Brown he'd be starting.
Finley is an upgrade at backup QB.

1.) Did he? He was practicing for a while. Anyways even if he was hurt a first Rd draft Pick isn't just meant as a one season thing. It's a long term investment.
2.) The position is key for blocking just because his stats might not be flashy but that does not mean he won't be effective.
3.) Just because he isn't playing doesn't mean he isn't better than those two. Especially in this organization.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see no point in hoping for Tobin to be fired. Mike Brown is not going to bring in some genius GM, and even if by some miracle he finally decided he needs to, why would a top guy want to come here and work for one of the worst owners in sports?

You certainly can’t blame Tobin for our inability to bring in good FA’s. He doesn’t sign the checks, Brown does. Does anyone honestly believe Tobin WANTS to be so cheap and only go after bargain bin or over the hill players?

This is the problem. Nothing around here is going to change materially until Brown and his family are out of the picture, and it certainly doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. 

But the things Tobin CAN control..well, he stinks at those things. Our drafts have been miserable. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 08:45 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is the problem. Nothing around here is going to change materially until Brown and his family are out of the picture, and it certainly doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. 

But the things Tobin CAN control..well, he stinks at those things. Our drafts have been miserable. 

Can he actually control the draft if the scouting staff is half the size used by good teams? Not defending him by any means, but if you don't give someone the right tools it is hard to judge performance. 

Reply/Quote
I'm sure people are banging down the door to hitch their career and reputation to an organization where you don't actually get the GM title and are at the mercy of a family run organization that runs a billion dollar business like a mom and pop convenient store. If we thought finding top head coaching candidates was hard, finding a top GM candidate to come here would be nearly impossible.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 01:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bump...

He is either doing Mikey's work and trying to save a dollar or is completely incompetent.

Most Bengal fans I know knew Andre couldn't be counted on for 16 games. Most also knew counting on John Jerry, who was out of the league last year, was dumb.

Somehow we have a GM who disagreed with both of those things. And now to help fix the obvious problem at LT, dude is plugging in Redmond at LT the guy who couldn't pass block at G, who was suspended for PEDs, and looked worse than ever in the preseason this year.

Is this a F'n joke?

Fire Tobin. If he is responsible for player personnel. He has failed. Holy shit... Use some common sense Mike Brown

Not that I think Tobin is some great GM, but I doubt any GM would be like...we need Andre Smith and John Jerry as our primary backup options on this team.

Obviously he has constraints on spending from management. The guys they signed mostly had ties to Bengals coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 10:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not that I think Tobin is some great GM, but I doubt any GM would be like...we need Andre Smith and John Jerry as our primary backup options on this team.

Obviously he has constraints on spending from management. The guys they signed mostly had ties to Bengals coaches.

I blame the Bengals front office for a lot of things but I’m giving them a pass on LT and accounting it to bad luck. They drafted Williams who got hurt, had a decent backup option in Glenn who’s been concussed since the preseason which is insane and could not be predicted. Smith and Jerry are 3rd and 4th options people act like there are just good lineman walking the streets. Trading for Trent Williams makes zero sense he is expensive, old and injury prone and this team isn’t close to contending. Now what do I blame the Bengals front office for ? Completely neglecting the linebacker position and Tobin not being able to draft one to save his life. Resigning Hart , basically doing nothing to upgrade a horrific last place defense. Numerous bad drafts and so on. So basically everything else but LT.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 10:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not that I think Tobin is some great GM, but I doubt any GM would be like...we need Andre Smith and John Jerry as our primary backup options on this team.

If Alex Redmond plays at LT in a game this season, the Bengals will have had to go to their 5th option at that position.  I really can't recall any other time that I can remember any sports team being down to their 5th best option at a position of importance.  (I'm not counting relief pitchers in baseball)  I mean, we're pretty damn far from the original plan of Jonah Williams being the starter and Cordy Glenn being the 1st backup.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We need to start throwing trash on mikey’s lawn like he’s been throwing on ours at PBS.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Do it now.

Tobin built this shit show from the top down.

We have 12 more games to get someone in here who may actually be able to satisfactorily evaluate NFL level talent and get a head start on building a team that can compete next year.

That is all.

because there is a GM out their just waiting to come work here?  most anyone with any competence at the job is already doing the job.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 01:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bump...

Is this a F'n joke?

of course they are trying to get a backup ready at LT.... 

andre is out I believe or could be.. so if something happened to John jerry would you prefer they had no one ready to step in?

Neither Andre or John Jerry were the top 2 plans at the spot... Both were here for backup roles and pushed into starting.

if your gonna attack them at least make some sort of sense about it....
Reply/Quote