Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fire Zac now and let Darrin Simmons finish the year
There are reasons as to why it would make sense to fire Zac now and roll with Simmons as an interim - even if you don't think that Simmons is HC material(not long ago he received glowing endorsements from fans). You could ask Simmons to install, or emphasize, certain styles as he saw fit. You could do this for roster evaluation purposes - or if you had an idea as to what sort of schemes your HC hire of the future might like to run, you could ask him to emphasize vanilla versions of those schemes/concepts.

Taylor may view the rest of the year as a chance to keep building upon his system and as a way to legitimize his job title. Simmons at HC may yield more meaningful practice if that system is indeed going to be replaced soon. 

If the players really have tuned him out, there's that as well. The rest of the year should be about practice and development.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Was Zac really considered an “up-and-coming young offensive mind”? I thought it was an underwhelming, puzzling hire. Mainly because Zac’s overall body of work was, shall we say... less than impressive.

Yes, he was.

See this Sports Illustrated article from 2018
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/zac-taylor-rams-press-taylor-eagles-head-coaches
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm onboard with what Ocho said yesterday. Keep the clown show going because there's now a very high probability we lose out.

And then maybe, just maybe, MB will come to his senses. Perhaps 4-27-1 plus breaking his new shiny toy and getting swept by the Browns and the division will convince him he has to go find a real HC ?

Ok I'm done dreaming.

At this point I am on this train as well. I was for firing Taylor, Lou and Turner and making Simmons the HC last week before
the Burrow injury but after we might as well ride it out. You never know if Simmons becomes interim HC you might start 
winning games and that would encourage MB and company we would be fine with him at HC next season.

Complacent mediocrity is rampant round this place.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see what Simmons could do.

It's kinda pointless especially with Finley at QB.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:52 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Its gonna be tough for whoever the coach is with Burrow being out but Zac has to go. Let Simmons audition and see what he can do the rest of the season. Fire Lou as well and let Duffner call the defense

Nah, I'm good on that.. He'd probably start Alex Erickson at QB..
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 05:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I just don't see what Simmons could do.

It's kinda pointless especially with Finley at QB.

It's not Finley. It's Brandon Allen..
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 05:56 PM)Tony Wrote: It's not Finley. It's Brandon Allen..

Okay. The other "not Joe".
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:20 PM)Destro Wrote: Have Burrow call the plays from the sideline in a protective case.

Varsity Blues?

I love that movie, but I'd rather have Burrow somewhere healing up. With our luck, he'd find out he was suddenly allergic to bubble wrap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:52 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Its gonna be tough for whoever the coach is with Burrow being out but Zac has to go. Let Simmons audition and see what he can do the rest of the season. Fire Lou as well and let Duffner call the defense

I support this.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 06:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Varsity Blues?

I love that movie, but I'd rather have Burrow somewhere healing up. With our luck, he'd find out he was suddenly allergic to bubble wrap.

I'm picturing more of a plastic cocoon situation like Spinal Tap... at least until he hatches healthy.

[Image: th?id=OIP.AmRXVAGRRpV9JSbrQY8XRwHaDx&pid...=364&h=186]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm picturing more of a plastic cocoon situation like Spinal Tap... at least until he hatches healthy.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
Zac is going no where. He has 4 to 5 years. Joe b getting hurt may add a year. So sit back strap in and enjoy the ride. In zac, mike and Tobin we trust.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 06:01 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Okay. The other "not Joe".

Lol..
Reply/Quote
I just wanna go on record saying that; I’m all for firing Zac. All for it. I didn’t like how they played last season and said to myself that we’d know what we have with him after 4 games this season. I think we know.

However, I wouldn’t be completely upset if he stayed (assuming other major coaching changes would be made). Assuming (also) that the leaders of the team are really behind him and that Joe has his back (but I feel that most QB’s-particularly a rookie that has been tasked as the savior- who likes to throw ALOT- would say the things Joe has regarding Zac). If these things are true- then I can see a scenario where Zac succeeds- but it’d really be Joe’s success. So I hope management realizes this. That Joe is that special. But a better coach would make him .... something more than special.

And if Zac stays- man I hope we’re wrong and he really is a good coach- he just hasn’t figured it out yet.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
ST gave us a chance to win today. Nothing else did.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: No. Simmons is a relic of marvball. His special teams unit played just like Marvin’s teams did against the Steelers. No thanks.

I'm sorry, but Marvin had a winning record with the Bengals and Simmons is one of the better special teams coaches in the league. So I wouldn't knock him in favor of anyone Taylor brought to the team.

Reply/Quote
Giving Zac a third year would be the last straw for me as a fan. I can’t take much more of this crap and watching Taylor waste another year of Burrows career would be gut wrenching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm picturing more of a plastic cocoon situation like Spinal Tap... at least until he hatches healthy.

I was thinking more along the lines of the rich guy on The Simpsons, disembodied head on a robot body.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:47 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Giving Zac a third year would be the last straw for me as a fan. I can’t take much more of this crap and watching Taylor waste another year of Burrows career would be gut wrenching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well get ready, because he will be here next year.
Reply/Quote