Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire hype video from The Bengals....
(01-14-2023, 09:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just missing the word THE between fire and hype.. I'd have been all over it then..  Tongue

I'mma hearing you Gramps!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 08:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You busted me! Lol Never really been an in-depth music person. 

Gotcha, totally understand your take then. For me, it's awesome. I miss the days of going to huge record stores and browsing for hidden gems and rarities for hours. Thank goodness Lexington still has a decent sized record store.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gotcha, totally understand your take then. For me, it's awesome. I miss the days of going to huge record stores and browsing for hidden gems and rarities for hours. Thank goodness Lexington still has a decent sized record store.

I certainly remember the old record stores.. Second Time Around in Dayton used to be a good one.. I had a friend in the business of selling to record stores. His entire house was lined from top to bottom, front to back with thousands upon thousands of records all stacked side by side taking up every inch of wall space in the place including the kitchen and bathrooms..LOL. He eventually opened his own place, but I forget where.. I know it took him a few years just to get it all moved. I used to have a big record collection dating back to my grandmothers old 78's ..That lasted till I had kids.. Kids and record collections don't typically mix well. They tend to scratch the hell out of them and play frizbee with them..  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: I certainly remember the old record stores.. Second Time Around in Dayton used to be a good one.. I had a friend in the business of selling to record stores. His entire house was lined from top to bottom, front to back with thousands upon thousands of records all stacked side by side taking up every inch of wall space in the place including the kitchen and bathrooms..LOL. He eventually opened his own place, but I forget where.. I know it took him a few years just to get it all moved. I used to have a big record collection dating back to my grandmothers old 78's ..That lasted till I had kids.. Kids and record collections don't typically mix well. They tend to scratch the hell out of them and play frizbee with them..  Whatever

Oh man, I would have killed to check out his spread, lol. I go to Omega Records when I'm in the area. Killer store in Dayton. 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh man, I would have killed to check out his spread, lol. I go to Omega Records when I'm in the area. Killer store in Dayton. 

Record stores suck.

I'm always broke when I leave and there is so much that I leave behind that I want to take home with me. 

God, how I miss every new release on Tuesdays . . . the big releases were Monday night at midnight when the store would open for a half hour. The vinyl era ruled so much. Bands would take a year between albums because they only had to come up with 25 to 40 minutes of music. When the CD came out, then they had to come up with 70 minutes of material and that took years to write and compose instead of months. Less releases per decade led to a lack of a connection with the fans as prices sky rocketed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote