Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire sale
This season is a lost cause at this point and its looking worse and worse for getting aj to reup after the season. Just do the firesale now..since we wont ever look to upgrade the team in free agency we need as many high picks as possible. The team already sucks and we just got to take our lumps right now.

Aj green for a 1 to new orleans or another nfc team.
If mahomes is seriously injured ship them dalton for a 2 and see what we got in finley. Trade glenn to the dolphins for a bag of footballs so he can continue his misery. Ship geno to a good team so at least he can have a shot at a title and we should net a good return on him despite his age. Everybody on the roster with 3 years nfl service should be up for grabs at this point minus a few guys like mixon (cheap) and boyd (just resigned).
Reply/Quote
Makes sense. They won't do it though.

Well...they'll probably ship Glenn out to save money.
Reply/Quote
Glenn is gone for sure. We might get desperate and cut him. I'd like to at least see a 5th in return for him. I'd hope we would go and sign help in the FA but I doubt it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I wouldent cut glenn. I would trade him to another really bad team for nothing before I cut him. Let him toil in misery for the golden years. I know the nfl is tiptoeing around concussions and they can be serious, but basically using it as an excuse to not play is as cowardly as it gets.
Reply/Quote
If Mahomes is out long term it's the perfect opportunity to shop Dalton to the Chiefs, but we all know they won't do it.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Dalton would be an upgrade over Moore for KC. He's not a great fit in that offense. Looking like his absence may be brief, so they're likely not going to be shopping anyway.

Read that the Saints are high on Eifert. I'd do a deal for him immediately. 3rd round pick and he's all yours. He'll blow a kidney riding the airplane to Nawlins.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 11:46 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I wouldent cut glenn.  I would trade him to another really bad team for nothing before I cut him.  Let him toil in misery for the golden years.  I know the nfl is tiptoeing around concussions and they can be serious, but basically using it as an excuse to not play is as cowardly as it gets.

I'm not sure how the injury settlement thing works, with regard to a player under contract like Glenn.  If they trade Glenn, some team has to be willing to accept his contract.  I was thinking that if they cut him, he would be a free agent and have to settle for whatever a team wanted to offer, that is if he really wants to continue playing football.

Most NFL organizations aren't dumb or desperate, his failure to perform for the money he's been paid by not one, but two different franchises certainly won't go unnoticed.  I just don't see many teams paying big money for what appears to be a lazy quitter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 08:59 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't think Dalton would be an upgrade over Moore for KC. He's not a great fit in that offense. Looking like his absence may be brief, so they're likely not going to be shopping anyway.

Read that the Saints are high on Eifert. I'd do a deal for him immediately. 3rd round pick and he's all yours. He'll blow a kidney riding the airplane to Nawlins.

Now I'm certainly no huge Dalton fan, but c'mon man. Moore didn't even play football last year. He had taken a scouting job with the Dolphins when KC called. 

Dalton with the Chiefs weapons at his disposal and a good offensive line would be a huge upgrade over the awful Moore.

Mahomes had a dislocated patella. MRI today. If there's any ligament damage beyond the dislocated patella he could miss the rest of the season. If not, 4-6 weeks would be likely. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:05 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Now I'm certainly no huge Dalton fan, but c'mon man. Moore didn't even play football last year. He had taken a scouting job with the Dolphins when KC called. 

Dalton with the Chiefs weapons at his disposal and a good offensive line would be a huge upgrade over the awful Moore.

Mahomes had a dislocated patella. MRI today. If there's any ligament damage beyond the dislocated patella he could miss the rest of the season. If not, 4-6 weeks would be likely. 

It's not my contention that Dalton isn't a better player. I just don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over Moore in that offense, for a few weeks or so. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:14 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's not my contention that Dalton isn't a better player. I just don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over Moore in that offense, for a few weeks or so. 

I gotcha. As in he would have to come in and learn a new system, etc.

Guess it depends on the MRI as to what Mahomes prognosis is and how much time he misses. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:23 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I gotcha. As in he would have to come in and learn a new system, etc.

Guess it depends on the MRI as to what Mahomes prognosis is and how much time he misses. 

Yep, if it's long-term, I'd shop him and see what we can get out of KC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Say we make the call to Kansas and they say no thanks to Dalton as his cap hit is too much and they say what about Finley as he's more affordable, what would you accept for Finley?

What is his trade value now?
Reply/Quote
Is there any precedent for a team trading a long-time starter and going with a rookie that's never played a snap in the NFL outside of preseason?

Usually when this kind of thing happens, the backup atleast flashed in limited playing time for an injured starter. I'd say there's a 0% chance Dalton is traded this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:42 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Say we make the call to Kansas and they say no thanks to Dalton as his cap hit is too much and they say what about Finley as he's more affordable, what would you accept for Finley?

What is his trade value now?

He hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Matt Moore has. Finley would get you maybe a 4th Round pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 11:46 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I wouldent cut glenn.  I would trade him to another really bad team for nothing before I cut him.  Let him toil in misery for the golden years.  I know the nfl is tiptoeing around concussions and they can be serious, but basically using it as an excuse to not play is as cowardly as it gets.

The problem is that when you are a team players want to leave, you really don't have a lot of options to send guys where they will be more miserable.  Where could we send him?

As for trading Dalton to the Chiefs....ida know...the Chiefs just watched Flacco bore his way through another crap game so I can't imagine they'd be dying to get a re-tread AFC North snoozer QB of their own after that. At any rate, our window to unload Dalton for a Palmer-style slew of picks to an enamored former coach sailed when we didn't send him to Jay Gruden's DC squad.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The problem is that when you are a team players want to leave, you really don't have a lot of options to send guys where they will be more miserable.  Where could we send him?

As for trading Dalton to the Chiefs....ida know...the Chiefs just watched Flacco bore his way through another crap game so I can't imagine they'd be dying to get a re-tread AFC North snoozer QB of their own after that.  At any rate, our window to unload Dalton for a Palmer-style slew of picks to an enamored former coach sailed when we didn't send him to Jay Gruden's DC squad.

The Glenn situation is tough. IF we trade him, he keeps his salary. IF we cut him, he likely takes a paycut.

There are likely more players on the team who want out...so trading him is like rewarding him for being disgruntled. That said, we likely get a 3rd or 4th Round pick...but we may have more guys want out.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Glenn situation is tough. IF we trade him, he keeps his salary. IF we cut him, he likely takes a paycut.

There are likely more players on the team who want out...so trading him is like rewarding him for being disgruntled. That said, we likely get a 3rd or 4th Round pick...but we may have more guys want out.

I don't care what we do, I just have a hard time picturing a future NFL Films film where the Bengals' return to relevance is triggered by cutting a dissenting Cordy Glenn.  But like I said, there is a good chance that winning an argument with Cordy Glenn becomes the biggest victory the Bengals have this year, so have at it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Matt Moore has. Finley would get you maybe a 4th Round pick.

Would you accept it?

Appreciate it's not especially likely that they will offer it but the roster construction interests me. The Bengals are carrying two rookie QBs and are likely to spend a top 5 pick on one in the next draft. Three rookie/near rookie QBs on a roster doesn't seem ideal - although they'd at least be cheap.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:14 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's not my contention that Dalton isn't a better player. I just don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over Moore in that offense, for a few weeks or so. 

Ahh c'mon.. Dalton would be a huge upgrade to Moore and Andy on Andy would help KCs chances compared to a career backup who wasn't even in the league last year.. I think Andy Reid might actually figure out how to use Dalton better than our esteemed coaches past and present.. Heck, KC might actually have a few players worth trading for.  
Dalton with a decent oline and a bunch of great receivers? I don't know that I'd bet against him then.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would do any of these trades if I was running this crap show.

Question for everyone - Is there anyone not on a rookie contract that you would not trade?
I am with the blow this thing up crowd. Trade whoever you can for whatever you can get and bank draft picks. This isn’t going to be a quick fix so if you can get a second for any of these guys then do it. I would only want a first for AJ but honestly I could probably be talked into taking a couple of twos for him at this point.
Reply/Quote