Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire the entire O-line or a coach
Just do it. It's not working, so who's accountable/responsible?

With no change, nobody.

And for God's sake, some reporter have the balls to ask tougher questions and stop being friends to protect your job. Worthless friendly questions/answers. NFL should begin to allow fans to ask questions, interviews would get a lot more entertaining. And that's what the NFL is about anyway, entertainment.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi looks like a bust.
Bodine is trash.
Zeitler has checked out.

I would say that the o-line is single handedly wrecking this season, but the defense looked like a train wreck today. Good efforts from Green, Dalton, LaFell, Uzomah, Dunlap and DreKirk are going to waste. I have to start wondering when Dalton and Green will get fed up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I wonder what would happen if Dalton/Green did decide to pull a Palmer/Megatron.

Would that be enough for something to get through Mike's thick ass skull?

Probably not.
Reply/Quote
I'm worried for anyone behind Cincinnati's offensive line -- including the referee.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The only way you can fire Alexander ( O- Line coach) is if you beat him in a piano battle
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Just do it. It's not working, so who's accountable/responsible?

With no change, nobody.

And for God's sake, some reporter have the balls to ask tougher questions and stop being friends to protect your job. Worthless friendly questions/answers. NFL should begin to allow fans to ask questions, interviews would get a lot more entertaining. And that's what the NFL is about anyway, entertainment.
You mean those chuckle sessions where Marv tells a bad joke and the reporters laugh like it's Eddie Murohy up there?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I wonder what would happen if Dalton/Green did decide to pull a Palmer/Megatron.

Would that be enough for something to get through Mike's thick ass skull?

Probably not.

Was it enough when Boomer, Pickens, Takeo, Dillon, Chad and Palmer asked out?

Was it enough when a team of former players wrote Mike begging him to hire a GM?

Marv can't even talk that stubborn bastard into building a practice facility. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:02 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: The only way you can fire Alexander ( O- Line coach) is if you beat him in a piano battle

So that's how he's lasted so long  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Was it enough when Boomer, Pickens, Takeo, Dillon, Chad and Palmer asked out?

Was it enough when a team of former players wrote Mike begging him to hire a GM?

Marv can't even talk that stubborn bastard into building a practice facility. 

AJ Green and Andy Dalton argubly have closer bonds and took a lot more resources from the organization.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander needs to be fired.

I figure Marvin will be safe for the year.

I would assume the piano man had some say in trading back passing on Decastro and targeting Zeitler. He banged the table for Bodine who we traded up for. And he was absolutely thrilled we got Ogbuehi. We have invested a lot in the OL recently. And we look like the worst OL in the league.

Goodbye piano man you are garbage. We have made every DL we played this year look like the best DL in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ogbuehi looks like a bust.
Bodine is trash.
Zeitler has checked out.

I would say that the o-line is single handedly wrecking this season, but the defense looked like a train wreck today. Good efforts from Green, Dalton, LaFell, Uzomah, Dunlap and DreKirk are going to waste. I have to start wondering when Dalton and Green will get fed up.

Zeitler is the amazing part to me. He just looks like he doesn't give a damn, doesn't even try.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Tom Coughlin can coach OL.

Bring him in to replace the piano man. If the whole thing keeps going down hill fire Marvin and make him interim head coach until we can do a thorough search.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Paul Alexander needs to be fired.

I would assume the piano man had some say in trading back passing on Decastro and targeting Zeitler. He banged the table for Bodine who we traded up for. And he was absolutely thrilled we got Ogbuehi. We have invested a lot in the OL recently. And we look like the worst OL in the league.

1st and 2nd round tackles in one year. He either doesn't know talent or can't coach it.  Our first 3 picks for 2015 aren't looking great.  That could be a disaster
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Paul Alexander needs to be fired.

Goodbye piano man you are garbage. We have made every DL we played this year look like the best DL in the league.

Truth !

Our O-line would get shoved around playing a junior college.
Reply/Quote
The play of Zeitler in a contract year is the most puzzling piece to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Just do it. It's not working, so who's accountable/responsible?

With no change, nobody.

What do you want changed? What questions do you want asked? Because your all over the place on these boards. Not consistent one bit.
Reply/Quote
Says someone with -4 rep? And I'm not asking these questions to you, because your answers would be insignificant.

1) What are your thoughts on the state of your Offensive Line? Specifically, Zeitler and Bodine's play. Can your backups play be worse?
2) How do you expect Andy Dalton to lead your team when he has 1.5-2 seconds to throw the ball?
3) How do you expect to have a consistent run game when the offensive line is in the state that it is?
4) Why do you have plays with Jeremy Hill running to the outside?
5) What do you think the impact of not keeping Marvin Jones, Sanu, A. Smith, your OC, and DC have had on your ballclub?
6) What sort of things do you do at halftime to adjust your gameplan?
7) Can you give us one example in the X years as a head coach that you've given a speech that motivated the team?
8) If you were GM and were responsible for hiring/firings, what would be an activity/action that would cause a head coach to lose his job? How much mediocrity is acceptable to you?
9) Have you ever thought about looking for a replacement for M. Nugent? How much trust do you have with the game on the line in a playoff game, that he could kick a 50 yarder in? He is 40% on 50+ yarders.
10) Why do you have exactly zero designed rollout plays in your playbook?
11) Why have you eliminated Andy Dalton's capability to run a no huddle offense?
12) Why do you think Special teams play has taken such a step back this year? What was your reasoning for removing Brandon Tate from the team in favor of your current returners who seem (impossibly) worse?
13) Do you think it's time to start looking for Adam Jones replacement? It appears he's lost a step this year and has been responsible for some major defensive snafus contributing to game losses.

When something isn't working, you have to change. For better or worse, consistency in being bad or wrong is not a winning formula. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

With no change, nobody.

I totally agree with you man!! There needs to be a shake up, and no better place than the most abysmal position group!!

As far as the media, I've been calling them out for years, even in that Enquirer reporter, Jim O's, thread. They are basically just all NFL fans who hit the lotto and got access with their dream job. They don't make jack shit for pay, and if they were to say anything wise or challenging they would have their press pass yanked faster than a Bodine whiffed block!!!!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Get rid of Paul Alexander, demote Zampese back to quarterback coach.
Reply/Quote
Bench Bodine and Ced. Put Winston at RT, Johnson at C and put Fisher at LG until Boling is healthy. Maybe some demotions will motivate some guys.

Nobody in this whole damn organization has been held accountable since Lewis got here. When's the last time any player has been benched for bad play? When's the last time a coach was fired? Frazier?
Reply/Quote