Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Hesarescue a new last name for dogs?
OK this is a really stupid post, but I don't have twitter so here I am. "Hey what's your dog's name?" "Butch Hesarescue".
"Zeus Hesarescue."

I don't care. Congrats on being a super duper great person. "My dog's name is Norm Ipaidformine."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Vet always gives them your last name on the file....

I generally will only bring up my puppy coming from the shelter if asked. or I need to excuse her behavior lol.. Sorry she did hard time.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 01:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: OK this is a really stupid post, but I don't have twitter so here I am.  "Hey what's your dog's name?"  "Butch Hesarescue".  
"Zeus Hesarescue."

I don't care.  Congrats on being a super duper great person.  "My dog's name is Norm Ipaidformine."

People also pay for rescue dogs.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People also pay for rescue dogs.

Yeah like $100. Which is fine.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
People who claim dogs from shelters walk around feeling so self righteous. Where were they, when the dog was stray?

People who pay big money for their "quality bred dogs" are the snobs of dog owners.

Of course, both of those are just examples of "my opinion", just as is my opinion that arguing about dog procurement is most definitely a 1st World issue..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: People who claim dogs from shelters walk around feeling so self righteous. Where were they, when the dog was stray?

People who pay big money for their "quality bred dogs" are the snobs of dog owners.

Of course, both of those are just examples of "my opinion", just as is my opinion that arguing about dog procurement is most definitely a 1st World issue..

People who pay big money for their dogs are the best people. But I’m not arguing about dog procurement. I’m talking about the number of people who feel it’s necessary to immediately inform me.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 09:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: People who pay big money for their dogs are the best people.  But I’m not arguing about dog procurement.  I’m talking about the number of people who feel it’s necessary to immediately inform me.

One the bolded part, doubtful..  Puppy mill owners sometimes are some of the most vile, inhumane and self-serving individuals out there. (but, that's a story for another forum)  However, the argument of people with the attitude of "My dog is prestigious, as he/she has a pedigree, versus the crowd who says we did a good thing by saving this dog from euthanasia" is comical to me.  Why, you might ask?

A Portuguese friend of mine once said "The best dog, is the one who chooses you".  Meaning that a stray dog that comes to hang around, and decides to stay, is the one who really feels most loved by you.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 10:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One the bolded part, doubtful..  Puppy mill owners sometimes are some of the most vile, inhumane and self-serving individuals out there. (but, that's a story for another forum)  However, the argument of people with the attitude of "My dog is prestigious, as he/she has a pedigree, versus the crowd who says we did a good thing by saving this dog from euthanasia" is comical to me.  Why, you might ask?

A Portuguese friend of mine once said "The best dog, is the one who chooses you".  Meaning that a stray dog that comes to hang around, and decides to stay, is the one who really feels most loved by you.

Yo I’m just messing on the expensive dog part. I certainly don’t buy from a puppy mill either. Two of my dogs have come from North Carolina and one from Dallas all of which I drove to get.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 09:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: People who pay big money for their dogs are the best people.  But I’m not arguing about dog procurement.  I’m talking about the number of people who feel it’s necessary to immediately inform me.

Everyone I know who pays a lot of money for a dog or goes out of state to get it are just as quick to tell me as a person who gets a rescue dog.

Everyone I know who has a purebred I know where/how they got it.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone I know who pays a lot of money for a dog or goes out of state to get it are just as quick to tell me as a person who gets a rescue dog.

Everyone I know who has a purebred I know where/how they got it.

Did I mention I went to North Carolina twice and Dallas once?

Reply/Quote