Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firing Zampese!
Regardless of how it was portrayed, MB still has the final say as the owner.

I think the firing of Zampese not only 'during' the season, but '2 games into' the season, probably pleasantly surprised Bengal fans, but also probably rocked the NFL world, and could end up being the beginning of some history being rewritten for this franchise.

I know most Bengal fans want things to happen yesterday, but this was a step in the right direction for this franchise!

Since the owner can't be traded or fired, all we can do is hope MB starts to see 'some' light. For the history of this franchise and MB personally, it was a HUGE step in the right direction.

Let's see what happens in Green Bay and beyond.

I'm not climbing on the 'playoff bandwagon' because 12% of teams that start 0-2 have made the playoffs, but at least it's at 12% and not 0%.

Remember the 2004 ALCS? Before that series the percentage of MLB teams coming back from 0-3 deficit was 0%!!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 01:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Regardless of how it was portrayed, MB still has the final say as the owner.

I think the firing of Zampese not only 'during' the season, but '2 games into' the season, probably pleasantly surprised Bengal fans, but also probably rocked the NFL world, and could end up being the beginning of some history being rewritten for this franchise.

I know most Bengal fans want things to happen yesterday, but this was a step in the right direction for this franchise!

Since the owner can't be traded or fired, all we can do is hope MB starts to see 'some' light.  For the history of this franchise and MB personally, it was a HUGE step in the right direction.

Let's see what happens in Green Bay and beyond.

I'm not climbing on the 'playoff bandwagon' because 12% of teams that start 0-2 have made the playoffs, but at least it's at 12% and not 0%.

Remember the 2004 ALCS?  Before that series the percentage of MLB teams coming back from 0-3 deficit was 0%!!

Wh... Wh... Why do you gotta bring that up?  Cry Cry Cry

(Diehard Yankee fan here)
Reply/Quote
Step in the right direction, for sure. But the real stink is still here. Make some real history and toss out the true culprit(s).
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I too am happy and surprised by the promptness of the move. I was thinking the Green and Eifert injuries really screwed us. Not only did they cost us last year, but they also didn't allow us to see the full suckness of that offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 01:21 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wh... Wh... Why do you gotta bring that up?  Cry Cry Cry

(Diehard Yankee fan here)

Wink   Seriously though, I think even if the OC change was enough, I don't think they could get past the officiating bias and media darlings!
Reply/Quote
Again, you are not going to get it all overnight and like I said in a reply to Pat they still have the officiating bias and media darlings to contend with.

Be content with this minuscule silver lining!!
Reply/Quote
They need to fire Paul Alexander at the end of the year unless Ogbuehi and/or Fisher improve dramatically. None of his projects that he pushed hard for have turned out to be successful.
Reply/Quote
Agree it was a good move, but as others have said more cleaning house is needed.

But somehow believe it was done to deflect heat away from Marvin and MB.

Still a good move though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote