Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 2019 mock.
Rd1. Dwayne Haskins.qb osu. A lot of people want qb so I added him. Personally I would go Devin white here

Rd2. Chris Lindstrom guard Boston college my guard 2 hope he's still around at this point.

Rd3. Cameron Smith ilb usc

Rd4. Juan thornhill ss Virginia

Rd5. Kj hill osu wr special teams elite and replaces cody core. Has elite hands never dropped a open pass in his career.

Rd6 Khalil Hodge lber buffalo. One of my favorite players in this draft

Rd6 Quinn nordin k michigian. A kicker with a strong leg who can consistently hit 50+ yard fgs.

Rd7:adderly nassur CB deleware. One of the best and most underrated CBS in this class.

What you guys think? Tried to get instant impact guys and most importantly get nickerson off the field.
Reply/Quote
I'm in on Haskins if he's there.  Not sure he will be.

Can't get fully behind a draft that does not have an OT in the first 3 rounds, let alone none at all.  
Reply/Quote
3 qbs will be off the table by the time we’re up.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 07:29 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I'm in on Haskins if he's there.  Not sure he will be.

Can't get fully behind a draft that does not have an OT in the first 3 rounds, let alone none at all.  

What makes everyone think that Haskins will go top pick?  I spent about half an hour checking all of the prospect rankings that I could find, only one even has him in the top 5, of Quarterbacks...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes everyone think that Haskins will go top pick?  I spent about half an hour checking all of the prospect rankings that I could find, only one even has him in the top 5, of Quarterbacks...

Kiper had him 11 in his latest rankings, and the #2 QB.  He has all the tools, strong arm, anticipation, accuracy and cool temperament.  He may not be the #1 pick, but I think he goes top 10, QBs are always overdrafted.  I think we wind up picking somewhere 11-13. 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:37 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Kiper had him 11 in his latest rankings, and the #2 QB.  He has all the tools, strong arm, anticipation, accuracy and cool temperament.  He may not be the #1 pick, but I think he goes top 10, QBs are always overdrafted.  I think we wind up picking somewhere 11-13. 

I'm not sure what Mel's definition of cool temperament is, but for a QB I would define it as poised under pressure.  Having watched likely 85-90 of all OSU football this year, I have to say that Dewayne gets rattled and makes bad throws/decisions under heavy duress.  Sure, he improved on that as the season went on, but in the Big 10 Championship game, it was pretty evident for a few possessions.  

A quality team might be able to bring him right in, and make him a starter.  But, a team like this one might bring him in and ruin him for life.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 07:29 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I'm in on Haskins if he's there.  Not sure he will be.

Guard is a much bigger need than tackle. Guard then lber then tackle. We have the worst guard din the NFL and it's him who kills drives.
(12-03-2018, 08:52 PM)motoarch Wrote: 3 qbs will be off the table by the time we’re up.
I doubt it. It's a horrible qb class with only 1 franchise caliber qb in Haskins. 2020 is absolutely insane and I believe teams will wait a year to go qb.
(12-03-2018, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes everyone think that Haskins will go top pick?  I spent about half an hour checking all of the prospect rankings that I could find, only one even has him in the top 5, of Quarterbacks...
Most of those rankings ppl haven't seen him when they scheme fit him.
(12-04-2018, 12:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure what Mel's definition of cool temperament is, but for a QB I would define it as poised under pressure.  Having watched likely 85-90 of all OSU football this year, I have to say that Dewayne gets rattled and makes bad throws/decisions under heavy duress.  Sure, he improved on that as the season went on, but in the Big 10 Championship game, it was pretty evident for a few possessions.  

A quality team might be able to bring him right in, and make him a starter.  But, a team like this one might bring him in and ruin him for life.  Ninja
U gotta remember this scheme dosent fit him at all. He fits a vertical scheme perfectly where he can show off his touch, ball, placement and accuracy down the field. Meyer runs a zone read coupled with drag and mesh routes. That's a horrible scheme. In the third quarter when Haskins stalled out they were trying to get back to the horizontal passing game. In the 4th they went tback to what's worked the vertical passing game. That's why he looked so trash for so long is bc they tried to force the scheme on him not the other way around. He would fit perfectly with what we want to do offensively. And he's fast for a qb and can make people miss. But meter has Haskins running 20+ times a game.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:31 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Guard is a much bigger need than tackle. Guard then lber then tackle. We have the worst guard din the NFL and it's him who kills drives.
I doubt it. It's a horrible qb class with only 1 franchise caliber qb in Haskins. 2020 is absolutely insane and I believe teams will wait a year to go qb.
Most of those rankings ppl haven't seen him when they scheme fit him.
U gotta remember this scheme dosent fit him at all. He fits a vertical scheme perfectly where he can show off his touch, ball, placement and accuracy down the field. Meyer runs a zone read coupled with drag and mesh routes. That's a horrible scheme. In the third quarter when Haskins stalled out they were trying to get back to the horizontal passing game. In the 4th they went tback to what's worked the vertical passing game. That's why he looked so trash for so long is bc they tried to force the scheme on him not the other way around.  He would fit perfectly with what we want to do offensively. And he's fast for a qb and can make people miss. But meter has Haskins running 20+ times a game.

I can agree waiting on OT depending on if the Bengals bring in a quality FA or at least some decent stopgap like Andre Smith. As much as we've ragged on Smith in the past, he's still probably better than Bobby Hart and he's sure better than the OTs that were drafted a few years ago.
With that said, I think OT still needs to be taken Rd 4 at the latest because the team only has one OT under contract for 2019, and that's Glenn. They need three more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
These days its inevitable, if you want a QB, youre going to have to go after him in the draft. Andy's is probably going to be our QB next season but we need to think about life after him, and if a talent like Haskins is sitting there at 11, you take him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hey everyone! Like the picks of Lindstrom the #2 guard in the draft (even though I would still love to see what we have in Westerman), Thornhill has some ball hawking skills, Hill because we say bye to Core, a kicker that can hit from 50+, and Hodge is a tackling machine.

I just can't get excited about Haskins. Maybe I'm not sold on him being an improvement, at least not for a few seasons. Maybe selecting Haskins says we are going into rebuilding mode? But if we are trying to compete and it comes down to Haskins or White, I have to go with White because of the immediate improvement he provides. We just have too many holes on the roster to sideline top draft picks and want to win. 

And with our often injured tackle(s) in Glenn (and maybe Andre Smith or Jake Fisher if brought back) a tackle should also be a priority in draft/FA. Overall I feel your draft is solid and checks a lot of boxes
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:54 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Hey everyone! Like the picks of Lindstrom the #2 guard in the draft (even though I would still love to see what we have in Westerman), Thornhill has some ball hawking skills, Hill because we say bye to Core, a kicker that can hit from 50+, and Hodge is a tackling machine.

I just can't get excited about Haskins. Maybe I'm not sold on him being an improvement, at least not for a few seasons. Maybe selecting Haskins says we are going into rebuilding mode? But if we are trying to compete and it comes down to Haskins or White, I have to go with White because of the immediate improvement he provides. We just have too many holes on the roster to sideline top draft picks and want to win. 

And with our often injured tackle(s) in Glenn (and maybe Andre Smith or Jake Fisher if brought back) a tackle should also be a priority in draft/FA. Overall I feel your draft is solid and checks a lot of boxes

I would prefer white but at the same time haskins is an instant upgrade form Dalton. As far as tackle goes I want Dee Ford from Oklahoma in the rd2 spot. Similar to Glenn he projects as a guard but I like that versatility. 
Reply/Quote