Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:18 PM)cinci4life Wrote: 1. Clemson
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Alabama

On the outside looking in..

5. Notre Dame
6. Baylor

I like it, even as an OSU fan. Only think I would disagree with is Baylor should be first in if someone gets knocked off, not ND.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A lot of people are saying that Baylor has not beaten any good teams, but you can't ignore the way they are scoring.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad there are two SEC schools in this first poll.  One of them is going to get knocked out this weekend. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm glad there are two SEC schools in this first poll.  One of them is going to get knocked out this weekend. 

Why? All that will happen when bama beats lsu is they will change positions. Personally I don't care for this new system. Should have kept the bcs ranking system and used it to help determine who got in. Take the conference champs from the power 5 then add the 3 highest ranked teams that are left.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 07:33 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Why? All that will happen when bama beats lsu is they will change positions. Personally I don't care for this new system. Should have kept the bcs ranking system and used it to help determine who got in. Take the conference champs from the power 5 then add the 3 highest ranked teams that are left.

i preferred the older system.  like when the big ten champ played the pac 10 champ in the rose bowl.

let me know when I'm showing my age.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 07:33 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Why? All that will happen when bama beats lsu is they will change positions. Personally I don't care for this new system. Should have kept the bcs ranking system and used it to help determine who got in. Take the conference champs from the power 5 then add the 3 highest ranked teams that are left.

I don't like this system either.  I agree with you, I want an 8 team playoff.  Just how you said, 5 conference champs and three at larges.

I was just mentioning two SEC teams in this poll will hopefully knock one out of contention later on.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 09:18 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: i preferred the older system.  like when the big ten champ played the pac 10 champ in the rose bowl.

let me know when I'm showing my age.

You don't look a day over 29, brother.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm glad there are two SEC schools in this first poll.  One of them is going to get knocked out this weekend. 

Having a one-loss Alabama in there is a joke. Even after they beat LSU. Zero losses is better than 1 loss, and there is no shortage of undefeated teams to pick from for the top 4.

From Brian Bennett of ESPN (written before the LSU/Alabama game):

Quote:Notre Dame makes a little bit of sense to me, as the Irish's only loss was by two points on the road to the No. 1 team in the rankings (Clemson) in a rain storm. The undying love for Alabama, I just don't get.

Sure, the Crimson Tide are loaded with talent and might well be one of the four best teams. But no other program has its losses wiped away so easily. Alabama lost, at home, to a team that has two three losses (Ole Miss, which was handled decisively by Florida and Memphis). I would have no problem with Alabama working its way back into the playoff field if it beats LSU and wins the SEC. But to put them in the top four... is ludicrous when there are so many deserving, unbeaten teams.     [...]

It's amazing. If Alabama were running for president and lost in the primary, it would still wind up in the Oval Office. If Alabama finished fifth in the Kentucky Derby, it would still get a blanket of roses in the winner's circle.

Ohio State had an early loss to a mediocre team last year, and didn't work their way into the CFP field until the last possible moment (at which point the committee was criticized for putting the eventual champions ahead of other one-loss teams), so why is an Alabama team with a bad loss ranked ahead of so many undefeated teams and no one has a problem with it?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 11:28 AM)Ryuko Wrote: Having a one-loss Alabama in there is a joke. Even after they beat LSU. Zero losses is better than 1 loss, and there is no shortage of undefeated teams to pick from for the top 4.

Yeah, right.  TCU and Memphis should have been ranked in front of Bama. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
My top 4 this week.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma State

5. Notre Dame
6. IOWA
7. Baylor
8. LSU
9. Stanford
10. Utah

Reply/Quote