Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Cuts-roster updates 8/14
say goodbye to Pooka

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I hope to see Adeniji on one of these soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I was kinda hoping to see Adeniji on there.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I hope to see Adeniji on one of these soon.

Sadly, we need to replace him first in my opinion. He is a camp body to be used so our starters can get rest and be ready for week 1. Also, he may be better suited for guard than tackle.

Regardless, we have a gaping hole at swing tackle that needs to be fixed very soon. We may need to dive back into FA and if we do if healthy, I want Darryl Williams who played with the Bills and started for them at RT
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sadly, we need to replace him first in my opinion. He is a camp body to be used so our starters can get rest and be ready for week 1. Also, he may be better suited for guard than tackle.

Regardless, we have a gaping hole at swing tackle that needs to be fixed very soon. We may need to dive back into FA and if we do if healthy, I want Darryl Williams who played with the Bills and started for them at RT

He’s not a camp body though, he’s a backup who’s 2nd on the depth chart. That’s a problem.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sadly, we need to replace him first in my opinion. He is a camp body to be used so our starters can get rest and be ready for week 1. Also, he may be better suited for guard than tackle.

Except he was disastrous at Guard too. Both the Titans and Rams rushed consistently successfully over the RG gap. It was pretty bad to watch.
Reply/Quote
If you read my post, I said he MAY be better suited for guard and also said we need a swing tackle.

I am in agreement, he looked bad the other night and Prince did as well. Both were very disappointing and did not show any development (Pollack has to take some responsibility) which is very concerning. It is one thing if one player on the Ol does not progress, another when multiple guys seem to worse now than they were a year ago playing against back ups.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 12:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you read my post, I said he MAY be better suited for guard and also said we need a swing tackle.

I am in agreement, he looked bad the other night and Prince did as well. Both were very disappointing and did not show any development (Pollack has to take some responsibility) which is very concerning. It is one thing if one player on the Ol does not progress, another when multiple guys seem to worse now than they were a year ago playing against back ups.

not sure why they let Fred Johnson go...I thought he was solid when at T, not G
Reply/Quote
Abu, Shamari, and Pooka?

Sounds like the members of an Egyptian boy band.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Abu, Shamari, and Pooka?

Sounds like the members of an Egyptian boy band.

Well, you should know, Fred. Being the boards resident authoritie on Boy Bands....  Cool Just messing with you Freddie. Good to see you're still round like a donut.
Reply/Quote
I think the top 6 at CB and S are pretty locked in. IDK if we keep 12 in the secondary (probably not), but I think 11 is a good bet.

CB: Awuzie, Applile, Hilton, CTB, Flowers, Davis
S: Bell, Bates, Hill, M. Thomas, Anderson, B. Wilson.

Evans looking good on returns is probably bad news for Wilson. Though having 2 good KR guys is just fine.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:56 AM)pally Wrote: say goodbye to Pooka

Kind of surprised at Abu Daramy-Swaray.  He didn't play a ton, but he was the top PFF ranked player on defense against the Cards.
Reply/Quote