Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Depth Chart
Obviously way early and subject to change...

Highlights:
WR: Green, Boyd, Ross, Erickson, Malone, and Core so the young ones still haven't displaced Core. Of course they still have the opportunity with AJ out

LG: Jerry Jones with Westerman as backup
Tackle- Smith backs up both sides
RG: Redmond still the back up there but since he is suspended for 4 games look for someone else to start the season here
TE: Uzomah is #1 with Eifert as backup Sample is #3
LB: Vigil, Brown, and Evans are starters

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41072126-4

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: Obviously way early and subject to change...

Highlights:
WR:  Green, Boyd, Ross, Erickson, Malone, and Core so the young ones still haven't displaced Core.  Of course they still have the opportunity with AJ out

LG: Jerry Jones with Westerman as backup
Tackle- Smith backs up both sides
RG: Redmond still the back up there but since he is suspended for 4 games look for someone else to start the season here
TE: Uzomah is #1 with Eifert as backup Sample is #3
LB: Vigil, Brown, and Evans are starters

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41072126-4

That starting LB core is scary 
Reply/Quote
Vets almost always start training camp higher on the depth chart than the young guns... they have to overtake those spots during camp.
Reply/Quote
Why is nickerson ahead of Jefferson???
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 02:09 PM)TopSix Wrote: That starting LB core is scary 

In a bad way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 02:35 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Why is nickerson ahead of Jefferson???

Probably because they only consider Jefferson an OLB only.
Jefferson has already been jumped by Pratt though for WILL, according to the depth chart.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have a feeling either Pratt or Davis will supplant someone on the DC and maybe both.. Not that I've ever been known to be wrong about these things.. Me? Never!  Nervous  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This starting OL needs to really improve upon what it did last year.

Glenn - 60.9
Jerry - N/A (didn't play)
Price - 49.4
Miller - 64.3
Hart - 56.2

If there's any hope, it's...
Glenn was a very good OT at one time in his career.
Jerry was very good at pass blocking in 2017 and had a rating just above 70 that year.
Price was a stud in the run game at Ohio St.
Miller is an upgrade over Redmond.
Hart was (much) better in the run game last year compared to the passing game.

And for some depth guys...
Westerman has rated (very) well in the limited snaps he's taken in games since becoming a Bengal, and he might emerge as the LG starter.
Hopkins performed better than Price last year.
Andre Smith at one point in his career was a solid RT and still might be better than Hart overall.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A lot will change between now and the end of preseason.
LB core is scary. Especially that Nickerson and Davis are so high up on the roster right now honestly don't think either is practice squad material.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 02:35 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Why is nickerson ahead of Jefferson???

Why is Nickerson still even on the team?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of Evans getting a shot. I am hoping he's able to put it all together now.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is Nickerson still even on the team?

Because Marvin refuses to let young stars play over his tenured bums. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 03:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have a feeling either Pratt or Davis will supplant someone on the DC and maybe both.. Not that I've ever been known to be wrong about these things.. Me? Never!  Nervous  
Blind squirrel blind squirrel...lol
Reply/Quote
No major surprises. On paper, we're not a very talented roster compared to some teams in the league.

I guess coaching is going to have to be stellar!
Reply/Quote
Not sure what’s scarier our linebackers or our Offensive line. Yikes it’s ugly
Reply/Quote
Devin Bush was the guy they needed. 3 Down LB - Coverage, Blitz, Run Stopper. He is what you want in a NFL LB

That obviously didn't happen - They got Bungled by the Steelers

The bengals needed help on the OL and LB to compete. They chose the cheap way - Draft Jonah. Injury Aside, it didnt solve both problems and now it solves neither.

A NFL team that wants to win would solve both. Jonah in the draft and Sign Jordan Hicks or Smith at LB

Or, draft Bush and sign James or Brown for the OL.

Instead, They Bengaled it.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 04:28 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Not sure what’s scarier our linebackers or our Offensive line. Yikes it’s ugly

The front office is basically relying on scheme and heath to turn things around. We did absolutely nothing in free agency to address the offensive line or linebackers. If both units are a disaster again Tobin and company have nobody to blame but themselves.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is Nickerson still even on the team?
You right lol..
Reply/Quote
If Driskel can hold onto the second spot through preseason I guess that's a good thing. We have enough QB coaches on this team to give each QB their own personal QB coach.

Lot of good things have been said about Stanley Morgan and Damion Willis if either move up the DC then Core most likely falls which is good IMO.

If Tyler Eifert drops to third on DC behind CJ and Drew Sample I am good with that as long as he stays healthy. You can put Eifert on the field anytime we are in dire need of points or to draw attention away from AJ but use him sparingly so you keep him healthy.

LB is the one true head scratcher Deshaun Davis looks more like a MLB on film and Nickerson looked so bad last year not sure how he is still on the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 04:47 PM)TopSix Wrote: That obviously didn't happen - They got Bungled by the Steelers

Bengals would have passed over Bush to take Williams.
Reply/Quote