Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Depth Chart
(08-09-2021, 03:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: This is really old news.  This was the chart released at the start of TC.  

MJ wasn't at LG at start of TC

Smith was not at RG at start of TC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Depressing if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
We still have a couple more days before we meltdown about the line people.

Right now we are still sipping the Pollack will fix it Kool-Aid. You guys are buckling early.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: MJ wasn't at LG at start of TC

Smith was not at RG at start of TC

Flip that around.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 03:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: This is really old news.  This was the chart released at the start of TC.  

Thought so. Can't take anything from this at all...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 02:06 PM)pally Wrote: Michael Jordan is currently listed as 1st team RG.  Injuries might be playing into that call.  Smith #2 LG

I see 2nd round pick Drew Sample is going into his third season as a backup.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 12:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I see 2nd round pick Drew Sample is going into his third season as a backup.

I mean, not only is the DC nominal and shouldn't be taken at face value, even IF Sample was more-athletic and all that, Ceej is miles ahead of him in terms of development and is a better receiver, period.

Uzomah is a VERY good receiving TE at this point in his career; the only issue with him has ever been injuries, otherwise he went from a glorified, "Big-Slot-Receiver-Who-Didn't-Block," at Auburn, to a decent-blocker in the pros. He's always been a good and athletic receiver.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 01:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean, not only is the DC nominal and shouldn't be taken at face value, even IF Sample was more-athletic and all that, Ceej is miles ahead of him in terms of development and is a better receiver, period.

Uzomah is a VERY good receiving TE at this point in his career; the only issue with him has ever been injuries, otherwise he went from a glorified, "Big-Slot-Receiver-Who-Didn't-Block," at Auburn, to a decent-blocker in the pros. He's always been a good and athletic receiver.

Yes I expect Uzo to be the #1 TE. Don't know why some don't.

Believe Uzo also played QB in High School too...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes I expect Uzo to be the #1 TE. Don't know why some don't.

Believe Uzo also played QB in High School too...

Because it's an opportunity to rip on Sample, and Taylor by proxy?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 01:39 PM)Earendil Wrote: Because it's an opportunity to rip on Sample, and Taylor by proxy?

Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 01:39 PM)Earendil Wrote: Because it's an opportunity to rip on Sample, and Taylor by proxy?

Less on Sample and more on Taylor, but you got the point. Sample didn't draft himself, and even he was shocked at where he was drafted.

Gotta remember that the team traded down for an extra 4th round pick, then surprised us all by taking Sample and snagging Finley and Michael Jordan in the 4th. All three of those picks have been underwhelming, to be kind about it.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Less on Sample and more on Taylor, but you got the point. Sample didn't draft himself, and even he was shocked at where he was drafted.

Gotta remember that the team traded down for an extra 4th round pick, then surprised us all by taking Sample and snagging Finley and Michael Jordan in the 4th. All three of those picks have been underwhelming, to be kind about it.

Finley is the one that makes me shake my head the most. Sample was taken a couple rounds earlier than I thought he would go
but I did like him before that Draft in the 4th. MJ has at least been looking much better lately. Overall I like how we have Drafted 
since Taylor has been here especially at LB last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Finley is the one that makes me shake my head the most. Sample was taken a couple rounds earlier than I thought he would go
but I did like him before that Draft in the 4th. MJ has at least been looking much better lately. Overall I like how we have Drafted 

Agreed, there have been a few misses (Jordan, Finley), but overall the last three drafts have been pretty solid.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Finley is the one that makes me shake my head the most. Sample was taken a couple rounds earlier than I thought he would go

There have been some good picks, but the team regularly makes good picks and I've gotten fairly use to good 2nd round picks. Mixon, Bates, Chad, Corey Dillon, Collinsworth, Dan Ross, Boomer, Ickey Woods, Harold Green, Carl Pickens, Tony McGee, Darney Scott, Eric Steinbach, Whitworth, Dunlap, Dalton, Boyd.

I also know that Taylor has only a limited say in the draft. Even Marvin didn't have as much say as we all thought. The John Ross pick proved that.

For Taylor, it's more about what he isn't able to get from the players. He's certainly been given a much larger free agent budget than Marvin ever had. Yet, some how, he's not getting the wins that Marvin got.

I'm certainly not beating the drum to bring Marvin back, but I am saying that even an average coaching staff would be getting more out of these players.

Reply/Quote
Well it seems obvious that the worst depth is Oline and outside of LB right now the worst starting group is still Oline regardless who u plug in
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:56 PM)Earendil Wrote: Agreed, there have been a few misses (Jordan, Finley), but overall the last three drafts have been pretty solid.

And we still don't know if Jordan was a miss. Still extremely young and he has been playing better this TC.

(08-10-2021, 05:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: There have been some good picks, but the team regularly makes good picks and I've gotten fairly use to good 2nd round picks. Mixon, Bates, Chad, Corey Dillon, Collinsworth, Dan Ross, Boomer, Ickey Woods, Harold Green, Carl Pickens, Tony McGee, Darney Scott, Eric Steinbach, Whitworth, Dunlap, Dalton, Boyd.

I also know that Taylor has only a limited say in the draft. Even Marvin didn't have as much say as we all thought. The John Ross pick proved that.

For Taylor, it's more about what he isn't able to get from the players. He's certainly been given a much larger free agent budget than Marvin ever had. Yet, some how, he's not getting the wins that Marvin got.

I'm certainly not beating the drum to bring Marvin back, but I am saying that even an average coaching staff would be getting more out of these players.

We will see if this is the roster he needed to improve his coaching. Still haven't gave up on him yet but this is Taylor's make 
or break year IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And we still don't know if Jordan was a miss. Still extremely young and he has been playing better this TC.

We will see if this is the roster he needed to improve his coaching. Still haven't gave up on him yet but this is Taylor's make 
or break year IMO.

Yes. He certain has to get it done this season. Marv did more with less. Taylor has done less with more. We'll see if he can do more with even more. I'm skeptical.

Reply/Quote
If we are reading anything into pre-season depth charts on the O-line shouldn't the takeaway be that Spain and XSF have flipped sides or have I imagined that?

Obviously they both profile better as LGs but when they were both at G wasn't it Spain at RG?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 10:31 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: If we are reading anything into pre-season depth charts on the O-line shouldn't the takeaway be that Spain and XSF have flipped sides or have I imagined that?

Obviously they both profile better as LGs but when they were both at G wasn't it Spain at RG?

Correct, but he is a LG; he also said in his interview, that that's his spot and he's most-comfortable there.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guy with a season ending injury as LT #2

exactly...this looks like bunk to me
Reply/Quote