Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Depth Chart
(08-05-2019, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mike Brown is always about putting on a bandaid where stitches are needed. 

Mr. Halfmeasure. The most incompetent owner in professional football (at least). 

Amen.  At least we can see it. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: Obviously way early and subject to change...

Highlights:
WR:  Green, Boyd, Ross, Erickson, Malone, and Core so the young ones still haven't displaced Core.  Of course they still have the opportunity with AJ out

LG: Jerry Jones with Westerman as backup
Tackle- Smith backs up both sides
RG: Redmond still the back up there but since he is suspended for 4 games look for someone else to start the season here
TE: Uzomah is #1 with Eifert as backup Sample is #3
LB: Vigil, Brown, and Evans are starters

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41072126-4

Hard to put much stock this early in certain positions. 

O-line is one to judge a bit on but now Jordan is getting first team snaps over Jerry so take it with a grain of salt.

Also don't see Core making it over Morgan and Willis.

No way Nickerson makes this team unless he ups his game to some crazy level, dude was terrible last year. Worst ever.

Bet Pratt starts in the Nickel with his coverage ability.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to put much stock this early in certain positions. 

O-line is one to judge a bit on but now Jordan is getting first team snaps over Jerry so take it with a grain of salt.

No way Nickerson makes this team unless he ups his game to some crazy level, dude was terrible last year. Worst ever.

I can't imagine Nickerson making the team either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is Nickerson still even on the team?

I am a little worried about this...I would have thought that Deshaun Davis would have displaced him if for no other reason, as better on special teams.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Seems Legit

[Image: th?id=OIP.btNLEDkV7Qw3m27wZYMMuQHaKD&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good ol' Jeff Driskel taking the backup role. Eeeek

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to put much stock this early in certain positions. 

If Core sticks, he will have had to have a hands transplant and/or be an absolute best on ST's.  You hear the talk about him on teams but I don't remember him ever standing out.

The OLine is still in flux.  It needs to get sorted out sooner than later, though, so they can start working together day after day.

WR is not decided yet.  LB could be yet to be decided, but they appear to have starters penciled in at least.  It would be huge if Pratt turns out to be good in coverage.  Can't bear the thought of another year of TE's and RB's killing us catching passes in the middle of the field.

RB is a battle for the order of backup spots.  Could one of the rookies grab the RB2?  One of them would probably have to light it up to jump in front of Gio.  Let the best guy get the job.

The DLine is set for starters.  The rest is a battle for rotation spots.  Feel good about the DLine.  It's been said many times, but our best defenses had that tough rotation.  And the better the line is, the better it is for the LB's.

The D backfield is set, with the biggest question being the slot corner.  Haven't really heard when Dennard will be ready.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 07:39 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Good ol' Jeff Driskel taking the backup role. Eeeek

I've heard something about him completing about 80% in camp, or roughly double last year's %.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals would have passed over Bush to take Williams.

There are very few things I'd pass over Bush for. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 11:11 PM)McC Wrote: I've heard something about him completing about 80% in camp, or roughly double last year's %.

Jeff Driskel completed 60% of his passes last year, 2% less than dalton for His career

In fact. Dalton only completed 58% of his passes his first year. Worse than JD

What are you saying? Please explain.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 11:08 PM)McC Wrote: If Core sticks, he will have had to have a hands transplant and/or be an absolute best on ST's.  You hear the talk about him on teams but I don't remember him ever standing out.

The OLine is still in flux.  It needs to get sorted out sooner than later, though, so they can start working together day after day.

WR is not decided yet.  LB could be yet to be decided, but they appear to have starters penciled in at least.  It would be huge if Pratt turns out to be good in coverage.  Can't bear the thought of another year of TE's and RB's killing us catching passes in the middle of the field.

RB is a battle for the order of backup spots.  Could one of the rookies grab the RB2?  One of them would probably have to light it up to jump in front of Gio.  Let the best guy get the job.

The DLine is set for starters.  The rest is a battle for rotation spots.  Feel good about the DLine.  It's been said many times, but our best defenses had that tough rotation.  And the better the line is, the better it is for the LB's.

The D backfield is set, with the biggest question being the slot corner.  Haven't really heard when Dennard will be ready.

Morgan is a good ST'er too and a better pass catcher and more polished. Think Morgan makes the team over Core. I had high hopes for Core years ago if he could learn to go up for the ball better but it just hasn't panned out. Hopefully Taylor and Callahan have an Offense that helps out the O-line and our D-line is just that good. 

Pratt is our best cover LB'er already man, watch his tape. Former Safety who could cover well there... Can cover WR's on the edge as a LB'er. I think he will be able to handle covering TE's and RB's over the middle no problem.

Traveon could surpass Gio i believe if he can pick up the blitz, this is essential.

D-line is looking great from top to bottom, want to see Billings make that huge jump though this season.

Secondary was good even last year considering they played that soft cushion shit way too much.
Reply/Quote