Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Jersey Purchase of 2020
(04-18-2020, 12:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Seems legit.

I will definitely get a Hubbard Colour Rush or if a draft pick tickles my fancy, I'll get them. In Canadian, it's $40.96 still a great price, especially since nfl.com doesn't ship to Canada :@

Here, check this link.  They are already offering Burrow jerseys, under $30 (US) or you can customize with any name or number.

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=custom+cincinnati+bengals+jersey&catalog=#hpsearch1806
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here, check this link.  They are already offering Burrow jerseys, under $30 (US) or you can customize with any name or number.

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=custom+cincinnati+bengals+jersey&catalog=#hpsearch1806

My takeaway from that link: Joe Burrow should wear double zero in the NFL.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:51 AM)jason Wrote: My takeaway from that link: Joe Burrow should wear double zero in the NFL.

It's legit, I've purchased from them a couple times.  Rather than purchasing them from the NFL shop, or Nike, etc., you're just getting them directly from the factory.  It takes about 4-6 weeks for delivery, but the savings is worth it, to me.  I had customized Nike Buckeye jerseys made for my dad and I, total cost was less than $65, when they were going to be over $120/ea +tax off the rack.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's legit, I've purchased from them a couple times.  Rather than purchasing them from the NFL shop, or Nike, etc., you're just getting them directly from the factory.  It takes about 4-6 weeks for delivery, but the savings is worth it, to me.  I had customized Nike Buckeye jerseys made for my dad and I, total cost was less than $65, when they were going to be over $120/ea +tax off the rack.

No I get it... I just like the look of the 00 on our jerseys.

For awhile I was getting them with slight defects (the wrong font of a G on AJ Green for instance) for dirt cheap for awhile. The last one I bought was a Burfict jersey... The afternoon that he tried to decapitate Antonio Brown.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You do have to be careful about knock-offs out there. Not sure about that site, but I bought a Burfict jersey once that I thought was completely legit, had the embroidered numbers and name, seemed to be good quality at first glance, but then I noticed the B logo on the chest was really wonky. It was clearly a Chinese knockoff or something. And here I thought I was getting a great deal on an authentic jersey...

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here, check this link.  They are already offering Burrow jerseys, under $30 (US) or you can customize with any name or number.

Got the Hubbard Colour Rush. Again, at $40.00 Canadian, you can't go wrong.

I will inspect and compare to my Dunlap; if indeed is 1:1, I'm getting my wife a Burrow Colour Rush and I will probably get a White Burrow, a White Burrow LSU and definitely the next one I'm getting for myself, a purple LSU Whitworth.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Those are definitely fakes. The company is “Chinafashion10” lol

I’m sure they look decent for the money though.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 01:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those are definitely fakes. The company is “Chinafashion10” lol

I’m sure they look decent for the money though.

LOL

Yeah, when I saw that name, I had a nice chuckle.

If you see at the top, the seller's name is, "Curry."

"Hello, my name is Curry from Chinafashion10." LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:36 PM)jmahon316 Wrote: I've been saving for draft day, my first 2020 Jersey purchase will be Burrow! What about you?

If I wasn't so in love with Burrow, I would buy his jersey....

I will explain:  It doesn't matter what jersey I bought over the years, the player immediately was injured or sucked.  My curse is real.  I actually thought about buying a steeler jersey but there isn't enough soap in the world.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If I wasn't so in love with Burrow, I would buy his jersey....

I will explain:  It doesn't matter what jersey I bought over the years, the player immediately was injured or sucked.  My curse is real.  I actually thought about buying a steeler jersey but there isn't enough soap in the world.  

Haha this is so true for me as well. Jerseys I’ve owned:

Palmer
Chad
Burfict
AJ

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Haha this is so true for me as well. Jerseys I’ve owned:

Palmer
Chad
Burfict
AJ

Mine are:

Dillon. Black, Screen-Printed, 1997-2003 style. (got in 2002, couldn't buy a Bengals jersey ANYWHERE here)

Carsone. White, On-Field Stitched, 2003-2012 style. (got in 2005)

Rey Maualuga. Orange, On-Field Stitched, 2003-2012 style. (got it in 2009. Wanted to get 'dre, but my hookup couldn't get them)

Keith Rivers. Orange, Mid-Grade Stitched, 2003-2012 style. (NEVER have worn it, as I wanted it black and NFL.com screwed up. Also didn't like the fit and feel of those mid-grade jerseys. Got in in 2009, at the end of the season)

Whitworth. Orange, On-Field Stitched from NFL.com, 2003-2012 style. (my nicest jersey, IMO, want to wear it again so badly).

Dunlap. Black, Nike Elite Stitched, 2013-current style.

So, decent track record Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 09:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I have Dunlap in black; need a white, a Colour Rush and an orange (my Whitworth one is the last year of Reebok orange, which is the nicest jersey, IMO; won't wear it until he retires or if he comes back).

I'm thinking Hubbard for Colour Rush (as mentioned above) and maybe Burrow in white. I could also get a nameplate of Burrow in white, to go over my Carsone one... but the jerseys are nicer now than they were in 2005.

My wife has wanted a Colour Rush of AJ, but the whole us being in Canada thing and not being able to make it down for a game...

With the site Sunset posted, may be doable now.

Jersey-purchasing talk is always so exciting! Big Grin

Hubbard or Bates would be the best bet for Color Rush. Both are going to be here a long time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Burrow color rush. Haven’t owned a jersey in probably a decade but the color rush uniforms are sick and Burrow is gonna be the man to bring us at least our first playoff victory in modern times.
Reply/Quote
When I was buying jerseys, I never owned a QB jersey. I always liked having sorta obscure jerseys. I still have three of them. A white stitched AJ Green jersey that I got signed right before they played Denver in 2015... STILL haven't gotten around to framing it. I have a black stitched Geno Atkins jersey, and a black stitched Vontaze Burfict that I bought the afternoon that he hit Brown in the head... Only been worn once.

Over the years I've had TJ, Corey Dillon, Justin Smith, Takeo Spikes... Maybe a few others.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:05 PM)J24 Wrote: Hubbard or Bates would be the best bet for Color Rush. Both are going to be here a long time.

See my post on previous page; I'm waiting for it to come in Wink
Reply/Quote
My jersey is in my profile pic...If this one gets tattered I have another old Palmer jersey to convert...BTW I got these from some site for around $28 and my buddy owns an embroidery shop and did the nameplate for $25...Had it for years.....
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Haha this is so true for me as well. Jerseys I’ve owned:

Palmer
Chad
Burfict
AJ

My first Jersey (real jersey, as an adult) was Carl Pickens.  I loved watching that guy.   Got his in white and he immediately forced his way out of town.  Forfeited a $5 million dollar a year deal and ended up with the Titans (Oilers) for $500k and was never the same.  I met the colossol douchebag at Benihana's one night.  He came storming in to our dinner area (that was separate) and slammed his check down on the table and said:  "You do this to me every time, Hero!  I am a star!  I bring people in here!"  Then he asked my dad and me to pay his check.  I just sat there in shock and my dad said:  "Carl, you earn more in a year than I will in my lifetime".  

My sister, always the opportunist, held up her camera (It was my birthday) and asked for a picture.  He obliged.  He has his hands around me and my ex-wife, who was holding our 6 year-old daughter.  The picture is pretty funny.  Everyone is smiling but me.  I have this stunned "WTF just happened" look on my face.

But if you need more evidence of the curse:

David Klingler
Ki-Jana Carter
Jeff Blake (who immediately flaked out and was traded)
Corey Dillon (who was immediately traded)
Chad Johnson (gift from my daughter...I was so scared to wear it...sure enough, had his worst season as a Bengal and was not re-signed)
AJ Green- my now ex was at Marshal's and called to say they had XXXL Bengal jerseys for $3 on clearance, I said "yes!  buy them all!....as there were 5 of them.  I gave them to my buddies thinking you could put them on OVER your winter coat or whatever...that's how we wore them as they were huge.  Hasn't played since.

The curse is real.  I won't accept a Bengals jersey as a gift, and I won't buy another one.  Love them too much.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mine are:

Dillon. Black, Screen-Printed, 1997-2003 style. (got in 2002, couldn't buy a Bengals jersey ANYWHERE here)

Carsone. White, On-Field Stitched, 2003-2012 style. (got in 2005)

Rey Maualuga. Orange, On-Field Stitched, 2003-2012 style. (got it in 2009. Wanted to get 'dre, but my hookup couldn't get them)

Keith Rivers. Orange, Mid-Grade Stitched, 2003-2012 style. (NEVER have worn it, as I wanted it black and NFL.com screwed up. Also didn't like the fit and feel of those mid-grade jerseys. Got in in 2009, at the end of the season)

Whitworth. Orange, On-Field Stitched from NFL.com, 2003-2012 style. (my nicest jersey, IMO, want to wear it again so badly).

Dunlap. Black, Nike Elite Stitched, 2013-current style.

So, decent track record Big Grin

You are the bizarro world me...feel free to get a Burrow Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are the bizarro world me...feel free to get a Burrow Wink

Idk, between Dillion, Palmer, and Rivers, Truck’s got some bad luck in there, too...

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, between Dillion, Palmer, and Rivers, Truck’s got some bad luck in there, too...

I mean, those guys played, went to playoff games, and had good careers....mine immediately died!!! All of them!
Reply/Quote