Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock
(02-05-2019, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point.  Wonder if they will re-sign Hart?  Can't imagine folks are knocking his door down with offers, but he is still young.  I guess a lot would depend on how much they have to pay him in case he isn't the starter.  

Wasn't there another guy that was ok in preseason...Perkins?  Or something like that?  

I'd rather they re-sign Andre Smith over Bobby Hart. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd rather they re-sign Andre Smith over Bobby Hart. 

I don't know.  Hart is only 24 and has never had great talent or coaching around him.  I think he might be, at the very least, a solid backup option and extra TE on jumbo packages.  His run blocking was decent, but his pass blocking needs work, no doubt.  Andre, we know what he is, and that is always incredibly out of shape. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd rather they re-sign Andre Smith over Bobby Hart. 

Did he even play last year after they resigned him? Honestly, don't think Smith is into playing much anymore, just hanging on to get paid... I don't see him as much help.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 12:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did he even play last year after they resigned him? Honestly, don't think Smith is into playing much anymore, just hanging on to get paid... I don't see him as much help.

I don't think he did, but Westerman didn't play much either. And we know that sometimes the coaching staff might be more stubborn than we think they should be in regards to playing certain players over others. Maybe Andre has declined to be worse than Hart, but I'm skeptical of that. I'd rather go the aging vet who the Bengals have had some success with over someone like Hart who was bad since he came and was bad the year prior to coming to Cincinnati.

I'd prefer a high draft pick, JaWuan James, or Daryl Williams over either Hart or Smith, but if I had to pick between Smith and Hart, it's Smith for me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote