Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock
1. Cody Ford OG/OT Oklahoma-Versatile mauler who can play inside or outside.  MAJOR upgrade to either RG or RT wherever they see him fit. Hes a worker with a blue collar mentality losing 14 pounds to switch positions in college which helped him and the team. The type of guy u want.
2. Mack Wilson Linebacker Alabama-Well instinctive and well coached linebacker who played at a high level against top talent all year.  That simple. He is todays nfl version of a linebacker and draws alot of comparisons to CJ mosley, whom we all wanted during FA.  So lets draft him.
3. Germaine Pratt Linebacker N.C State-Darius Leonard clone imo. Fast, fly around, sideline to sideline tackler who brings this defense speed and attitude. Former safety who can cover well and with this pick it says sit down VIGIL and pushes guys like jefferson to figure it out.
4. Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M-Dude dominated the east west shrine practices and scrimmage.  Was impossible to move stuffing holes and making plays in the backfield.  In the 4th i think hes a steal and would be a great addition to Atkins and Billings and a future starter.
5. Austin Bryant DE Clemson-Love this guys size at 6'4 271 lbs and has a high motor.  Needs to add to his strength but would come in immediately as a rotational guy with the chance to become a solid starter.  Playing top talent all year at a high level here in the 5th is great value.
6. Ross Pierschbacher OC/OG Alabama- Ross was a solid starting center for the crimson tide battling week to week top notch competition in the SEC and performing well.  Has the versatility to play both center and guard and is a strong run blocker.  with Clint boling getting older and not any better i think here in the 6th we've gotta pull the trigger. Plus good insurance for Price.
6. Terry Mclaurin Wide Receiver Ohio State- A burner with good hands and great feet.  Had a strong showing at the combine and did excellent in the field drills.  I think a later round flier on this guy with all 100 of our 6th rounds picks is well worth the value.

The rest of the picks can go anywhere or can be traded i couldnt tell ya.  lemme know.  Who dey.
Reply/Quote
I worry with the signing of Hart, that even if Ford or Taylor (OT) are there, they will pick either of the Devin, QB, or TE (Hockenson). I like Wilson better than the Devins at this point but he may be gone by Bengals second round pick.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
McLaurin was a 1st rounder in the most recent Mel Kiper draft. (I think he's a likely 2nd rounder)
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 02:38 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: McLaurin was a 1st rounder in the most recent Mel Kiper draft. (I think he's a likely 2nd rounder)

ohh, sick.  Walter football at a round 4-6 grade on him....right on.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 02:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I worry with the signing of Hart, that even if Ford or Taylor (OT) are there, they will pick either of the Devin, QB, or TE (Hockenson). I like Wilson better than the Devins at this point but he may be gone by Bengals second round pick.
I really hope not but that makes sense.  I mean bobby hart starting at right tackle or anywhere on the line for that matter dont make sense but i def dont want to reach on a guy like bush..  i think unless we trade back my favorite pick right now would be rashaan Gary.  BPA imo. Id love devin white but hes not making it to us.  With eifert back i really hope its not hockenson.  Mack wilson is my favorite linebacker when itcomes to value.  I think late first early second is abut right and he could be the better of the three mentioned.  thanks man.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 02:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I worry with the signing of Hart, that even if Ford or Taylor (OT) are there, they will pick either of the Devin, QB, or TE (Hockenson). I like Wilson better than the Devins at this point but he may be gone by Bengals second round pick.

I seem to be the only one that sees no way they draft Hockenson that early.  Maybe I am discrediting the all-around player he is, but I am not sure a TE is that big a role in the new offense and that he could impact our team the way a White, Oliver, or even Haskins may.  I personally don't want to draft a QB early, but if Haskins is there, I bet they take him.  
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 07:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I seem to be the only one that sees no way they draft Hockenson that early.  Maybe I am discrediting the all-around player he is, but I am not sure a TE is that big a role in the new offense and that he could impact our team the way a White, Oliver, or even Haskins may.  I personally don't want to draft a QB early, but if Haskins is there, I bet they take him.  

I have a feeling they will take a QB early.  At 11 or second round.  Just a feeling.  The reason I think Hockenson is in play is because he is a safe pick.  Eifert's health issue is a known quantity.  I think judging by the LAR, they will keep the offense in a power mode.  The signing of Miller at RG means they plan on pounding the rock and giving Dalton (with one of the quickest releases in the NFL) short to intermediate routes and hot reads.  

I can see them using 3 TE sets to help the line and crossing patterns.  Then on occasion taking a shot down the field.  Just my gut.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 09:26 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I have a feeling they will take a QB early.  At 11 or second round.  Just a feeling.  The reason I think Hockenson is in play is because he is a safe pick.  Eifert's health issue is a known quantity.  I think judging by the LAR, they will keep the offense in a power mode.  The signing of Miller at RG means they plan on pounding the rock and giving Dalton (with one of the quickest releases in the NFL) short to intermediate routes and hot reads.  

I can see them using 3 TE sets to help the line and crossing patterns.  Then on occasion taking a shot down the field.  Just my gut.  

Your argument makes a lot of sense, but there is so much rare talent at DE and DT at the top of the draft, I just can't see them going for a TE. 
Reply/Quote
If Oliver is there or wilkens they have to take them. But then again if Dwayne Haskins is there how can you pass that up.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote