Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock Attempt
I'm taking a shot at my first mock for the offseason. Obviously there's free agency and trade possibilities, but I'm going into this not trying to project those moves. Hopefully some of out other needs are met outside of the draft.

1. Devin White - LB - LSU

I'm tired of not having top talent at linebacker. Whether it's under performance, injuries, or a general lack of ability to stay on the field, our line backing core is a mess currently. White would give the Bengals a top player at a position of need. Essentially, it would give us a new Quarterback of the offense. I'm hoping that White could be a Kuechly-type for us.

2. Yodny Cajuste - OT - West Virginia

Cajuste has all the makings of a starting tackle in the NFL. He's really good in the passing game and has the room to develop into an above average or more player in the run game. He's got great footwork from his past as a basketball player and that agility will serve him well as a right tackle, and maybe, a left tackle in the future.

3. Michael Jackson - CB - Miami ( FL )

Jackson is an excellent press coverage player that has the ability to attack and tackle players. I'm tired of seeing corners whiff on tackles and Jackson would correct a lot of those problems. With Kirkpatrick and Dennard's status both up in the air, Jackson provides someone who can play on the outside and be physical.

4. Foster Moreau - TE - LSU

Moreau is a solid, unspectacular, tight end. He's not a sexy pick, he won't burn any defenses deep, but he plays hard and executes as a receiver and blocker. Moreau won't be on any highlight tapes for big plays, but down to down he's consistent, something we need out of that position.

5. Garrett Brumfield - OL - LSU

Just now seeing a major LSU theme with this draft. Brumfield is a mauler who needs work with his feet. He's got the strength, talent and mindset as an aggressive offensive lineman and to get that in the 5th round is a steal.

6a. Myles Gaskin - RB - Washington

Gaskin isn't a big running back by any means, and he's not a speedster, but he's a tough, solid running back who can get the job done. He's not a home run hitter, but he's put up consistent stats on a weekly basis in college and would make for a good back in case Walton is gone.

6b. Marquise Copeland - DL - Cincinnati

Hometown college product comes over to the Bengals. Copeland doesn't have flashy numbers when it comes to sacks, but he's a great tackler as a defensive tackle and can play defensive end in a pinch. I think he would be a good fit and could work his way into the rotation here.

6c. Sheldrick Redwine - S - Miami

Physical safety who is a willing tackler. Has all the makings of someone who can contribute on special teams early on and act as depth at safety. Could be a camp casualty, but at this point you're looking for longshots or guys who can fit a certain role.

6d. Drew Sample - TE - Washington

Sample isn't much to write home about as a receiver, but he's a fantastic blocker and would be ideal in three tight end sets. Sample is a grinder in the trenches.

6e. Gardner Minshew - QB - Washington State

Minshew is viewed as a system QB who played under Mike Leach, but it's worth taking a shot if he's still here. I've seen him projected all over the place, but felt like this would be an opportunity to see what he's got late in the draft.

7. Kendall Joseph - LB - Clemson

He's an instinctual linebacker who's had the pleasure of playing behind one of the best defensive lines in America over the last few years. He needs to put on weight, but he has pretty good cover skills, thought his run stuffing ability suffers for it. He's a great option as a late round flier who could come in and work on special teams with his quickness before hopefully transitioning into a reserve role.
Reply/Quote
I like it overall. I think Gaskin reminds me a lot of the guy that Denver drafted (his name escapes me) that was a late round steal and he went on to have an amazing season. The guy is not a combine freak, but he produces.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 09:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like it overall.  I think Gaskin reminds me a lot of the guy that Denver drafted (his name escapes me) that was a late round steal and he went on to have an amazing season.  The guy is not a combine freak, but he produces.

Phillip Lindsay? 

I think that Jackson could be had later, but he fits the aggressive corner we've looked for. As soon as I did this one, I started thinking of ways I'd change it.
Reply/Quote
I like 1 and 6e
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 11:52 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Phillip Lindsay? 

I think that Jackson could be had later, but he fits the aggressive corner we've looked for. As soon as I did this one, I started thinking of ways I'd change it.

Yes, that's who...pre-coffee brain.  
Reply/Quote
I like it Pikes Peak, especially the first 3 rounds, i think better TE prospects than Moreau will be available in the 4th though. Very deep and we need a pass catching TE more than just a solid blocker IMO. Really like the Gaskin and Minshew picks late. Also think we need more of a NT than another 3-tech like Copeland but hey, these are just my opinions, this is a nice Mock.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it Pikes Peak, especially the first 3 rounds, i think better TE prospects than Moreau will be available in the 4th though. Very deep and we need a pass catching TE more than just a solid blocker IMO. Really like the Gaskin and Minshew picks late. Also think we need more of a NT than another 3-tech like Copeland but hey, these are just my opinions, this is a nice Mock.

The more I looked at it, the more I feel like I'd swap Jackson to the 4th and take a more complete tight end or a better pass catcher to pair with Sample later on. Maybe a Kaden Smith, Jace Sternberger or Isaac Nauta. 

Reply/Quote