Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock Draft of 2015
I'm glad I decided to do one because now I know that I need to do more to get ready because I struggled towards the end (even a bit in the middle).

Here's what I got:

Quote:** (10) Team Fritz - Jeremy Hill RB
I was pumped that I got to pick the 10 spot because I knew that Hill would still be there and that I'd get another pick right after. Not many people outside of Cincinnati (and even inside of Cincinnati) realize that Hill was the best back in the league the second half of last year, and that's despite the fact that he had three games in that stretch where he had under 15 carries.

Quote:** (11) Team Fritz - Aaron Rodgers QB

I kind of panicked and regret this pick. It was a solid pick, but Megatron was still on board, as was Dez, D Thomas (who I don't trust because Peyton has to decline at some point, and do you really trust him to stay healthy for 15 games when he's 62?), D Murray (who I think will struggle in Philly), LeSean, and Gronk.

Quote:** (30) Team Fritz - Jimmy Graham TE

I love this pick because I think he'll thrive in Seattle, especially because, with Russel Wilson's ability to scramble and his tendency to do so, who will he look for? Jimmy Graham.

Quote:Team Fritz - DeAndre Hopkins WR

Kind of panicked with this pick, which there were better receivers available farther down on the list, but I felt like I couldn't pass on him.

Quote:** (50) Team Fritz - Latavius Murray RB

I think Murray is going to be a hell of a steal and will put up some solid numbers. I think Carr will get the ball to Crabtree and Cooper, which will take a lot of pressure off of Murray and let him do big things.

Quote:** (51) Team Fritz - Vincent Jackson WR

This was another kind of panic pick, but he should put up some solid numbers.

Quote:** (70) Team Fritz - Mike Wallace WR

Could have a solid year.

Quote:** (71) Team Fritz - Julius Thomas TE

Even without Manning, I felt like this was a steal here and I think he can put up big numbers with any QB.

Quote:** (90) Team Fritz - Doug Martin RB

Won me a championship his rookie year and I think he still can bring the electricity.

Quote:** (91) Team Fritz - Larry Fitzgerald WR

He's old but he's still Fitz and I feel like Palmer could have a solid year and Fitz would benefit greatly.

Quote:** (111) Team Fritz - Stephen Gostkowski K

Kickers aren't real people but I took one early because I think he could put up solid numbers for me.

Quote:** (130) Team Fritz - Donte Moncrief WR

I think this kid could be good with Luck slinging the rock around the yard.

Quote:** (131) Team Fritz - Ryan Williams RB

Auto-pick...... ignore.

Quote:** (150) Team Fritz - Bengals D/ST D/ST

Atkins returning to form, along with Dunlap being back, as well as Burfict (hopefully), and Dre coming into his own, along with (hopefully), Dennard, our D has me excited.

Quote:Dalton

I think he could put up some good numbers with a healthy squad.

Was my first go-round, so I made some mistakes, but let me know what you think!
Reply/Quote
I don't do mock drafts. Only do the one that counts.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:43 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't do mock drafts. Only do the one that counts.

Considering that I'll be in like 6, I just like to see how things are expected to go and to try and gain a strategy.
Reply/Quote
I took Hill in the 3rd-4th round in all my leagues; folks said I was reaching. I wonder if I'll be able to get him in the 3rd this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 12:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I took Hill in the 3rd-4th round in all my leagues; folks said I was reaching. I wonder if I'll be able to get him in the 3rd this year.

Last year? 

This year, if you're playing with Bengals fans, he'll probably get picked up in the 1st, just like Brad did.  He surely won't make it out of the 2nd.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 01:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Last year? 

This year, if you're playing with Bengals fans, he'll probably get picked up in the 1st, just like Brad did.  He surely won't make it out of the 2nd.

Yeah, there's no prayer he makes it out of the 2nd round.

I don't see why there's not more hype surrounding him because, like I said, he was the best back in the league in the second half of last year, so doesn't that mean that he could possibly be the best back this year?  Granted that you'd have to take Peterson's return into account, but I just don't see how he's not being hyped-up to all hell.

I'm just hoping that he's not used much in the preseason and doesn't show much when he is so he can remain sort of a sleeper.

If I could get him at 10 (snake format, obviously), it would be like I have the #1 or #2 pick and then get another first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 01:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Last year? 

Yes, last year. Fortunately, one of them was a keeper. Which is something we need to think about.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, last year. Fortunately, one of them was a keeper. Which is something we need to think about.

I just did my Fantasy Draft with friends and family, Jeremy Hill went about 6th in the 3rd round 3 picks before me. Still ended up with Bell, Forsett and A. Morris but would have loved to have gotten a 3rd AFC North RB. For some reason a ton of these Fantasy rankings people are putting out assume Hill is gonna lose a ton of touches to Gio which is just ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 08:47 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I just did my Fantasy Draft with friends and family, Jeremy Hill went about 6th in the 3rd round 3 picks before me. Still ended up with Bell, Forsett and A. Morris but would have loved to have gotten a 3rd AFC North RB. For some reason a ton of these Fantasy rankings people are putting out assume Hill is gonna lose a ton of touches to Gio which is just ridiculous.

He went in the third round?!

Are your family and friends more brain damaged than I am?!  (No offense  LMAO)

He will be a top 3 back in the league this year!!  Top five AT MOST!
Reply/Quote
Got bored and jumped in on a 10 team league mock, which was dumb since i'll be drafting in a 14 team league...

[Image: Mock%201.0%2010-team_zpsob1kqpi4.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 09:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He went in the third round?!

Are your family and friends more brain damaged than I am?!  (No offense  LMAO)

He will be a top 3 back in the league this year!!  Top five AT MOST!

I think when we did the draft ESPN had him ranked almost 4th round so I thought Ill just wait and grab Le'Veon Bell and Demaryius Thomas then steal Hill in 3, well that blew up in my face and he went 3 picks before me and I ended up with Morris . LMAO

Lot of talent in those first 3 rounds plus people seemed to be big on taking WRs early and often this year and I think everyone had the same plan as me, grab value early and hope to steal Hill in 3 but that only worked out for 1 of us lol.

I already traded a few players and ended up with the following as my team : 

QB : Tom Brady  / Carson Palmer 
RB : LeVeon Bell / Justin Forsett / Alfred Morris / Joseph Randle / LeGarette Blount
WR : Demaryius Thomas / Andre Johnson / Keenan Allen / Martavis Bryant / John Brown
TE : Delanie Walker / Tyler Eifert
D/ST : Cardinals
K : Stephen Gostkowski

Named "Delanie Walker Texas Rangers" of course. I like Walker but I could see Eifert blowing it up this year so had to grab him and yes it is suspension heavy but its 3 games for Bell who I think was a steal at 9, Blount is 1 game and Brady I feel like is gonna be reduced or taken away completely so took the risk with those guys. 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 02:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Got bored and jumped in on a 10 team league mock, which was dumb since i'll be drafting in a 14 team league...

[Image: Mock%201.0%2010-team_zpsob1kqpi4.png]
FYI, 14 team leagues suck more than anything.

I was in one years ago and would rather have not even been in another one.

It's stupid because it's so watered-down, especially during by weeks and you're starting backups and complete scrubs.
(07-24-2015, 01:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I think when we did the draft ESPN had him ranked almost 4th round so I thought Ill just wait and grab Le'Veon Bell and Demaryius Thomas then steal Hill in 3, well that blew up in my face and he went 3 picks before me and I ended up with Morris . LMAO

Lot of talent in those first 3 rounds plus people seemed to be big on taking WRs early and often this year and I think everyone had the same plan as me, grab value early and hope to steal Hill in 3 but that only worked out for 1 of us lol.

I already traded a few players and ended up with the following as my team : 

QB : Tom Brady  / Carson Palmer 
RB : LeVeon Bell / Justin Forsett / Alfred Morris / Joseph Randle / LeGarette Blount
WR : Demaryius Thomas / Andre Johnson / Keenan Allen / Martavis Bryant / John Brown
TE : Delanie Walker / Tyler Eifert
D/ST : Cardinals
K : Stephen Gostkowski

Named "Delanie Walker Texas Rangers" of course. I like Walker but I could see Eifert blowing it up this year so had to grab him and yes it is suspension heavy but its 3 games for Bell who I think was a steal at 9, Blount is 1 game and Brady I feel like is gonna be reduced or taken away completely so took the risk with those guys. 

I can't believe you took Bell......  do you have no soul?

I guess it's not as bad as Ben, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it or to root for a player from the Steelers.  It was a steal at 9 if you can weather the suspension, but I still couldn't do it (I don't think).

I think Brady is underrated and will have a big year and Palmer could be trade bait if he somehow pulls off a big year.  I don't think you have much depth anywhere, except for Eifert who could have a big year.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 03:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: FYI, 14 team leagues suck more than anything.

It's stupid because it's so watered-down, especially during by weeks and you're starting backups and complete scrubs.

I can't believe you took Bell......  do you have no soul?

I guess it's not as bad as Ben, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it or to root for a player from the Steelers.  It was a steal at 9 if you can weather the suspension, but I still couldn't do it (I don't think).

I think Brady is underrated and will have a big year and Palmer could be trade bait if he somehow pulls off a big year.  I don't think you have much depth anywhere, except for Eifert who could have a big year.

I honestly don't know whats wrong with me, I'm in 2 leagues this year and ended up with 2 Steelers in the 1st rounds with Bell at 9 and Brown at 10. 

I agree on Brady, I actually traded I think it was Vincent Jackson and Devonta Freeman for the guy which is basically nothing but the guy already had Rodgers so he took it. 

As for depth I took a chance on alot of potential and itll either blow up in my face or I'll come out looking great. Things like Randle winning out in Dallas, Andre Johnson blowing it up with Luck, Keenan Allen bouncing back, Bryant being the #2 in a pass heavy Offense and Brown I just took a flyer on that might end up being nothing but its worth a spot on the bench for now and I like his potential with Palmer back.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 03:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: FYI, 14 team leagues suck more than anything.

Yeah, i'm not really looking forward to it for that reason. Had no choice though. I can't ask people or force people to quit. We'll see how it goes. 
I'm trying to look at it positively and think that it's going to take some shrewd maneuvering to get the right guys in on the right weeks since no one is going to have too many studs on their team. Waiver wire is going to be huge too. Finding that gem that strengthens your team. 
I'd probably rather draft 13th or 14th, get picks back to back and be high on the waiver claim list for that first guy of the year that blows up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 10:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, i'm not really looking forward to it for that reason. Had no choice though. I can't ask people or force people to quit. We'll see how it goes. 
I'm trying to look at it positively and think that it's going to take some shrewd maneuvering to get the right guys in on the right weeks since no one is going to have too many studs on their team. Waiver wire is going to be huge too. Finding that gem that strengthens your team. 
I'd probably rather draft 13th or 14th, get picks back to back and be high on the waiver claim list for that first guy of the year that blows up. 

Understandable.  

A possible way out is to ask four people, who are good friends/brothers/whatever, if they'll combine teams into two teams.  Doesn't always work, but just explain how bad it's going to suck with 14 people.

If that doesn't work, you could even just say "ok, then we'll draw from a hat to see who combines teams."  It's risky because they you might get picked, but it's better than going with 14, trust me.
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with 14 team leagues. Do you're homework, watch for top guys to have bad back to back weeks and try to trade peanuts for them, or watch to see if a certain bye week is going to demolish a team and then swoop in.

It's really easy.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 11:44 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nothing wrong with 14 team leagues. Do you're homework, watch for top guys to have bad back to back weeks and try to trade peanuts for them, or watch to see if a certain bye week is going to demolish a team and then swoop in.

It's really easy.

I like the fact that it's going to take a lot more managing instead of just riding your 4 best players week in and week out.

We shall see how i feel about it after the season... Big Grin

Reply/Quote
PPR with a flex (W/R/T) spot

Drafting 5th

1. Lynch
2. Rodgers
3. Mike Evans
4. Carlos Hyde
5. DeSean Jackson
6. Greg Olsen
7. Steve Smith
8. Torrey Smith
9. Rashad Jennings
10. Shane Vereen
11. Kendall Wright
12. Breshad Perriman
13. Justin Tucker
14. Jameis Winston
15. Carolina D

We only have 4 bench spots, so I wouldn't pick Winston in the actual draft. I was a little unprepared for this 5th spot. It's a very awkward spot, so I wasn't a big fan of getting Evans or Hyde where I did.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote