Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock (Mike M)
Been doing a ton for fun. Did one i really liked.

TRADE: Couldn't help myself when i saw these 2 there (ofc i locked up P29 while sitting on P28).
Bengals Get: R1: P29, R5: P148, R5: P168
Saints get: R2: P60, R3: 2024 and T Jonah Williams

R1: P28 EDGE Nolan Smith, Georgia
What's to say? He should be able to contribute in a rotation right away.

R1: P29 TACKLE Broderick Jones, Georgia
Left tackle issue in good hands, if Carman wins, then LG battle.

R3: P92 TACKLE Dawand Jones, Ohio State
Future Right Tackle hopefully.

R4: P148 DL Jalen Redmond, Oklahoma
Normally i don't pimp Sooner DL, but this guy has a quick tight spin from hell and the burst to finish the sack.

R5: P148 LB Ivan Pace Jr, UC
Good against the run, struggles with pass game. Would be perfect Pratt replacement, as would come off on money downs.

R5: P165 CB Mekhi Garner LSU
tall, long armed, doesn't have elite speed, but could develop well into a ST/DB3/4.

R5: P168 TE Josh Whyle UC
Should be exactly what we need from a pass catching TE, work on his blocking skills and should be as good as Drew Sample.

Trade:
Bengals get: R6: P13, R7: P222
Cards get: R6: 2024, R7: 2025

R6: P213 TACKLE Wanya Morris, Oklahoma
Played RT at OU, transferred from Tennessee. Inconsistent with hands, coaching might be able to fix that, worst case, back up RT/RG. Best case, Jones ends up backup RG/RT.

R7: P222 DB Darrell Luter Jr, South Alabama
this is the tvpe of DB i like, the later round Elams. this guv has all he tools to develop into a possible starter with some time spent learning.

R7: P248 DB Nic Jones, Ball State
Special Teamer, but solid all the way around

The goal was get strong in the trenches asap.
Players lost, Bates, Pratt. Most others brought back on cheap 1 yr deals. Will likely need to keep rotating players on 1 yr deals in order to draft/develop replacements as we can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That would be pretty strong. Were you looking at all for a WR in the later rounds and just couldn't find a good value or would you say it isn't a need?

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 03:25 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: That would be pretty strong. Were you looking at all for a WR in the later rounds and just couldn't find a good value or would you say it isn't a need?

I was looking, i have a couple that i like for Boyd replacements, just didn't match up well, hence TE to develop.
Reply/Quote
Saints are like more than 50 million over the cap already.
Tough call on the trade. Giving up a second and third rounder plus Jonah, a 25 year old starting LT with 4 years of NFL experience, for a late first and two fifth rounders... Jonah was our best OL in 2021. I'm not so sure I want to move on yet.

But if I vetoed that trade and we could have ended up with a haul like that I would be super pissed.
Reply/Quote