Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock of 2016
This mock is based off a few assumptions:

1) We resign Sanu/Jones and Iloka/Nelson, so WR and Saftey become needs, but not dire needs.
2) We don't bring in any free agents. Of course I'm sure we will but I'm not going to guess at who and where, so my picks will address current team needs.
3) I usually do mocks based on who I think the team will draft, not who I would draft, although those are sometimes the same.
4) I use CBS prospect rankings. I usually will pick players in the range of 5 spots before to 5 spots after the Bengals' pick.
5) Not assuming comp picks yet.

1(24). Eli Apple, CB 6'1" 200lbs.  I think there's a good chance both Hall and Jones aren't resigned and we need to start restocking CB. The team likes taking CB's in the first round because it gives them a premium position at an affordable price. Apple is Marvin's kind of corner that can cover and doesn't shy from tackling.
[Image: intercept-01.jpg]

2(53). Jeremy Cash, SS 6'1" 212lbs.  Tackling machine. Decent in coverage due more to knowledge and anticipation than natural coverage skills. Would look nice lined up next to Williams or Iloka, possible nickel LB in sub packages as well.
[Image: a2bbbe5bb4d6792d840f6a706700cce3.jpg]

3(87). De'Runnya Wilson, WR 6'4" 215lbs. Big WR with huge catch radius, could give us two 6'4" targets on the outside.
[Image: 18846346-mmmain.jpg]

4(119). Christian Westerman, OG/C 6'3" 296.  Very compact and powerful, never played center, but frame and game is prototype for a center. Would be good flexibility for interior of line at OG or C and hopefully displace Bodine, sooner rather than later.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=2]

5(151). Nile Lawrence-Stample, DT 6'1" 312lbs.  Beefy 1-technique run-stuffing DT. Time to get Peko's replacement on the team. Full disclosure, I am a Noles fan, so I would LOVE this pick.
[Image: 1371883.jpg?w=620&h=413&fit=max]

6(183). De'Vondre Campbell, OLB 6'4" 234. Very athletic OLB with great size, can cover, tackle and some pass rush ability.
[Image: 11452803.jpeg]

7(215). Chris Brown, WR 6'2" 180lbs.  Very consistent WR with untapped athletic ability, accomplished international track and field athlete.
[Image: Chris+Brown+Wake+Forest+v+Notre+Dame+NNJoz4xKHMDl.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Getting a CB in the first would not surprise me with the way we like to draft and the way Kirkpatrick played last
year and Apple is a good one. Like it even though i would want to go with a LB or DT early instead, the thing is
your later picks are fantastic.

I do like Killebrew more than Cash but still, like it cause of the rest of the picks.

Westerman = great pick
Wilson = Love it
Stample = Really love it
Campbell = Really love it
Brown = Great

Very good draft, the first two kind of make me go eh, then the rest make me ecstatic. Good job. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm really hoping safety isn't a need, meaning we resign Nelson and/or Iloka. I'd like to see a LB or DE drafted early in the draft if the cards fall right.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 05:17 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm really hoping safety isn't a need, meaning we resign Nelson and/or Iloka. I'd like to see a LB or DE drafted early in the draft if the cards fall right.

Same here, need to open up the Draft in FA by bringing back Iloka and/or Nelson.
Reply/Quote
We do like our 1st round corners, but im not sold on Apple as a 1st round guy. Hes still a little raw.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote