Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock of 2018
Won't go in depth with any sort of FA moves or trades since it's hard to project any of those currently. I'm an advocate of trading down if we get the chance, though.

It's probably not the best thing I've ever put together, but it feels like it fills a lot of holes and makes the team better.

1st. Connor Williams, OT, Texas - Yes, there are injury concerns, but I believe in Williams who has plenty of potential as a Left Tackle and has shown a mean streak and aggression on the left side of the line. Williams could slot in immediately and anchor the left side of the line and protect Andy's blind side.

2nd. Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State - Smallerish, but an athletic linebacker who can cover a ton of ground on the field. Bengals need a guy to pair with Burfict on the second level of the defense and Baker could be a great fit here.

3rd-A. Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas - Either the first or second best Center in the draft. Would allow the Bengals to move on from the Bodine experiment and plug in a player who should be able to start from day one.

3rd-B.  Kurt Benkert, QB, Virginia - The replacement for McCarron once he's moved or departs as a free agent. Benkert has shown the flashes to be a solid NFL Quarterback and with a little time and seasoning could challenge Dalton as the team's starting QB.

4th. Poona Ford, DT, Texas - Not as tall as you'd like, but he was a crucial part of a great Longhorns run defense. Ford would help slot in as a member of the front four rotation and could leverage his strength to help against the powerful lines on the AFC North

5th-A. Godwin Igwebuike, S, Northwestern - Was a ballhawk for the Wildcats, showing good pass break up skills and even grabbed a pair of interceptions on the year. Would be a contributor on special teams from day one, as well as compete for one of the two starting safety spots.

5th-B. Adam Breneman, TE, UMass - Blossomed this year as a blocker and receiver. Could help fill the void left by Eifert as a double threat at the TE position.

6th. Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington State - Road grader with a massive frame. Was a key part of Washington State's offensive line during his time for the Cougars.

7th. Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama - Tough Cornerback on the SEC's top defense. Wallace would provide depth for the DB group and would be a special teams contributor.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 12:20 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Won't go in depth with any sort of FA moves or trades since it's hard to project any of those currently. I'm an advocate of trading down if we get the chance, though.

It's probably not the best thing I've ever put together, but it feels like it fills a lot of holes and makes the team better.

1st. Connor Williams, OT, Texas - Yes, there are injury concerns,

Man, not to toss cold water on you or anything, but this is the last thing I want to hear. We've got to move away from the "yeah, he's probably going to be injured, but the UPSIDE!" kind of guy. 

You've got to go back to 2011 to find a first round starter (AJ), mostly due to injury. That defeats a big chunk of why first round talent is considered first round talent (being more NFL ready). 

At this point, I don't want a guy who has ever had a migraine. No 'well, he'd have been a top 5 pick if he just hadn't had both feet mangled in that farm machinery incident.' Pass on the guy more surgeries than years spent in college.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan at all of Williams. He stunk this year.

If we go OT, I'd rather see Orlando Brown.
Reply/Quote