Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
w/ the 10th pick the Bengals select
S.F will pick OG Nelson, to protect the new franchise QB Jimmy G, so at # 10 we will pick the # 6th ranked guy....
Safety Derwin James fla st.
6' 3" 211 lbs athletic freak....
very, very fast....can do everything in the backfield...

rd # 2 I see us going OT
makes sense.......
you pick w/ your brain....not your heart...
no reaching down...great BANG for our buck....
rd #3 hopefully a Center...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 02:10 AM)Steve Wrote: S.F will pick OG Nelson, to protect the new franchise QB Jimmy G, so at # 10 we will pick the # 6th ranked guy....

rd # 2 I see us going OT
makes sense.......

I would think if we go Defense it would be Hurst or Key. Not saying I wouldn't like the idea though. I really want Fitzpatrick from Alabama.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My brain is asking me the last time this team drafted a safety in the first round...? I don't think they have ever. With that being said, I would love Derwin as our pick at 10 or wherever. I'd probably go buy his jersey asap.

I could see us taking Roquan Smith in the 1st and best o-lineman available in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
Nelson, if he falls right into our lap. Otherwise, McGlinchy or else he, too, is gone before the 2nd round.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
[Image: i-dig-the-way-you-do-business-man.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My first round wish list:
1. Derwin James
2. Best Oline (I like Nelson, Williams and Brown)
3. Christian Wilkins
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 01:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My first round wish list:
1. Derwin James
3. Christian Wilkins

That may not be my order, but that is my list too. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Derwin James would be another playmaker that we need and could bring this defense to another level.

Geno on the line, Burfict at backer, Lawson, Dunlap, MJ coming from the end, Jackson at corner with Shaw, Dre, and Dennard, and then James at safety.

All those guys plus the guys I left off, make me excited to watch our defense.

Only problem is that we need a line more than defense and can we pass on offensive linemen?

I want Price, but there's a few other centers I could live with like Wynn and Bozeman, and then there's a few other tackles after the first two rounds, but we can't wait long, especially if we're going to replace both tackles.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Derwin James would be another playmaker that we need and could bring this defense to another level.

Geno on the line, Burfict at backer, Lawson, Dunlap, MJ coming from the end, Jackson at corner with Shaw, Dre, and Dennard, and then James at safety.  

All those guys plus the guys I left off, make me excited to watch our defense.

Only problem is that we need a line more than defense and can we pass on offensive linemen?

I want Price, but there's a few other centers I could live with like Wynn and Bozeman, and then there's a few other tackles after the first two rounds, but we can't wait long, especially if we're going to replace both tackles.

Have seen mock  drafts where we get PRICE in the 2nd.    (we also took Mayfield in the 1st)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Have seen mock  drafts where we get PRICE in the 2nd.    (we also took Mayfield in the 1st)

Yeah, I didn't think we'd take Price in the first that high, but we need to get him in two, but then do we miss out on tackles that can play if we don't get one in the first?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 07:34 AM)Takedown Wrote: My brain is asking me the last time this team drafted a safety in the first round...? I don't think they have ever. With that being said, I would love Derwin as our pick at 10 or wherever. I'd probably go buy his jersey asap.

I could see us taking Roquan Smith in the 1st and best o-lineman available in the 2nd.

Ricky Dixon is the last one I remember. I also would love to see theBengals draft Roquan Smith if they go defense.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Have seen mock  drafts where we get PRICE in the 2nd.    (we also took Mayfield in the 1st)
I'd be fine if we took a speedy ball hawking Safety in the first.

Billy Price in the 2nd.

I know I'm dreaming here; but cut Williams, don't re-sign Pacman and Eifert and they should have plenty of money to actually spend on a decent FA...  whether it be O-Line or linebacker.

They don't need to replace everyone with draft picks.  The team needs some decent outside FA vets in these areas IMO.

A big NO to QB in the 1st.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 02:10 AM)Steve Wrote: S.F will pick OG Nelson, to protect the new franchise QB Jimmy G, so at # 10 we will pick the # 6th ranked guy....

rd # 2 I see us going OT
makes sense.......
I'd rather switch that. Have u seen the depth next year at ot? It's INSANE. I want to go ot next year. I love James, dude is my 1b target after price. can't go wrong with Smith either, but don't see price lasting to the second. If by some miracle he does price in the second followed by Isiah Wynn/Martinez ivey and jamarco Jones with the comp pick.
(12-29-2017, 03:57 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would think if we go Defense it would be Hurst or Key. Not saying I wouldn't like the idea though. I really want Fitzpatrick from Alabama.
If u think Hurst is a first round talent for watch Hurst vs OSU. Dude isn't a good player, most overhyped player in this draft. He's a 3rd round project at best. He's this year's taco Charlton.
(12-29-2017, 01:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My first round wish list:
1. Derwin James
3. Christian Wilkins
Wilkins is good, but not a game changer imo. I wanna go DT next year. U got 6 going first round but the one I love is the dt from Georgia Trenton Thompson.(assuming we won't have a top 5 pick for the top 2 DTS) dude looks like Geno Atkins pre ACL I hurt. Looks like Aaron Donald. Had 3 sacks in bowl game against tcu.
(12-29-2017, 09:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd be fine if we took a speedy ball hawking Safety in the first.

Billy Price in the 2nd.

I know I'm dreaming here; but cut Williams, don't re-sign Pacman and Eifert and they should have plenty of money to actually spend on a decent FA...  whether it be O-Line or linebacker.

They don't need to replace everyone with draft picks.  The team needs some decent outside FA vets in these areas IMO.

A big NO to QB in the 1st.
I just don't see price lasting till the second. I would love to trade down and take price in the first.and with the second second round pick draft ball hawk Josh Jackson. And if Mason Rudolph falls to the second, it will be very hard to pass on him
Reply/Quote
No one, because they won two pointless games at the end of the season. Could’ve picked 5th or 6th. Now they pick 12th. With a likely run on early QB’s, the Bengals likely would’ve had their pick of the best player at several positions of great need. Instead, the best interior o lineman, linebacker, and safety will likely be off the board. And we all know the Bengals are not trading up.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:06 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: No one, because they won two pointless games at the end of the season.  Could’ve picked 5th or 6th.  Now they pick 12th.  With a likely run on early QB’s, the Bengals likely would’ve had their pick of the best player at several positions of great need.  Instead, the best interior o lineman, linebacker, and safety will likely be off the board.  And we all know the Bengals are not trading up.

Pretty sure Derwin James and rawuan Smith will still be there 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:06 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: No one, because they won two pointless games at the end of the season.  Could’ve picked 5th or 6th.  Now they pick 12th.  With a likely run on early QB’s, the Bengals likely would’ve had their pick of the best player at several positions of great need.  Instead, the best interior o lineman, linebacker, and safety will likely be off the board.  And we all know the Bengals are not trading up.

you play to win the game.....
as Herm Edwards once said....

those games weren't "pointless"....

we beat 2 teams that "were" headed to the playoffs....
we proved the guys up front on the O-line could do their jobs....
saved Marvins's job too & helped Buffalo into the playoffs....
& it didn't leave us all winter & spring w/ a bad taste in our mouths.....ppl couldn't say we packed it in & & we don't care....
& screw the rat birds.....they always need a last second knock out...
let them sit home all winter to think about that... Smack
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 07:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Ricky Dixon is the last one I remember.  I also would love to see theBengals draft Roquan Smith if they go defense.

Darryl Williams
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:44 PM)Steve Wrote: you play to win the game.....
as Herm Edwards once said....

those games weren't "pointless"....

we beat 2 teams that "were" headed to the playoffs....
we proved the guys up front on the O-line could do their jobs....
saved Marvins's job too & helped Buffalo into the playoffs....
& it didn't leave us all winter & spring w/ a bad taste in our mouths.....ppl couldn't say we packed it & & we don't care....
& screw the rat birds.....they always need a last second knock out...
let them sit home all winter to think about that... Smack

Yeah!!!!
Reply/Quote
WR-CALVIN RIDLEY
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 06:12 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: WR-CALVIN RIDLEY

Please.

There is ZERO chance of this happening.  If anything, WR is one of the few spots on this team with good top line talent and depth.  I'll roll with the following long before I would waste a #1 pick on a WR:

Green
LaFell
Boyd
Ross
Malone
Ericson

Thats a pretty good group.  Malone has shown some promise and Ross will add another dimension once we get him healthy.
Reply/Quote