Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock of the Off Season
I am going to just post the first 3 rounds in which I expect the Bengals to get an extra 3rd for a comp picks.

1. Roquan Smith, LB Georgia- With the emergence of Trumaine Edmunds, I expect Smith to take a slight fall which will only benefit us. I would take either LB in this spot, but we have went far too many years without drafting a playmaking linebacker and it is starting to show on this defense. Without Vontaze in the game, our linebacking corp is one of the worst in the league. Insert Smith. He is instinctive, fast and just makes plays.

2. Will Hernandez, G UTEP- Big, smooth and gifted. He might rise up the board before draft day but would give us a pulling guard that we desperately need.

3. Bradley Bozeman, C Alabama- Bozeman is more of a finesse and brain type of center rather than the raw power center that we tried in Bodine. Bozeman could be the leader of this line for the next 4-5 years making calls.

3. Troy Fumagalli, TE Wisconsin- With Eifert a walking injury, Kroft has been thrust into more of a role than I think he is able to play. Fumagalli is a tight end that can block but also stretch the middle of the field.

I think these 4 picks are all feasible and would go a long way to helping right this ship that we have gotten ourselves into.
Reply/Quote
Pollak is going to change the entire blocking scheme so we might not be emphasizing pulling Guards anymore.

To wit

1) Billy Price - With Ragnow coming off an injury Price is left as the only worthwhile prospect at Center; a position where the need is immediate and drastic.

2) Whoever the top rated Offensive Tackle still on the board is.

3) Whoever the top rated Offensive Guard still on the boards is.

In deciding Top Rated, give preference to prospects who are coming out of a pro style offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Pollak is going to change the entire blocking scheme so we might not be emphasizing pulling Guards anymore.

To wit

1) Billy Price - With Ragnow coming off an injury Price is left as the only worthwhile prospect at Center; a position where the need is immediate and drastic.

2) Whoever the top rated Offensive Tackle still on the board is.

3) Whoever the top rated Offensive Guard still on the boards is.

In deciding Top Rated, give preference to prospects who are coming out of a pro style offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 05:56 PM)dr1441 Wrote: I am going to just post the first 3 rounds in which I expect the Bengals to get an extra 3rd for a comp picks.

1. Roquan Smith, LB Georgia- With the emergence of Trumaine Edmunds, I expect Smith to take a slight fall which will only benefit us. I would take either LB in this spot, but we have went far too many years without drafting a playmaking linebacker and it is starting to show on this defense. Without Vontaze in the game, our linebacking corp is one of the worst in the league. Insert Smith. He is instinctive, fast and just makes plays.

2. Will Hernandez, G UTEP- Big, smooth and gifted. He might rise up the board before draft day but would give us a pulling guard that we desperately need.

3. Bradley Bozeman, C Alabama- Bozeman is more of a finesse and brain type of center rather than the raw power center that we tried in Bodine. Bozeman could be the leader of this line for the next 4-5 years making calls.

3. Troy Fumagalli, TE Wisconsin- With Eifert a walking injury, Kroft has been thrust into more of a role than I think he is able to play. Fumagalli is a tight end that can block but also stretch the middle of the field.

I think these 4 picks are all feasible and would go a long way to helping right this ship that we have gotten ourselves into.

1.  I love Smith and think that he's a playmaker.  Normally, I'd like our MIKE to be a little bigger, but we're in the nickel to much now that I think he's perfect in the way that he flies around the field and gets to the ball.  He can also cover tight ends well, which is big in our division.  I like the pick.

2.  Love it.  We need to solidify our interior line.

3.  Way too early on Bozeman, and Mel Kiper even thinks that he might go undrafted.  There's a lot of better prospects and we can't miss with the center pick because it's been a weak spot since Braham.  I've called for drafting Billy Price out of OSU but I'm also hoping we sign Jensen in free agency.

3.  Big body and monster in the red zone, and not to mention played in the Big 10, which is just the college version of the AFC North.

Not bad.  I love it outside of Bozeman.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 05:56 PM)dr1441 Wrote: I am going to just post the first 3 rounds in which I expect the Bengals to get an extra 3rd for a comp picks.

Do you see Bozeman as a better prospect than frank ragnow or James Daniels or just project them as being gone by then?
Reply/Quote
Things I would change is while I don't think Edmunds will be there edmunds if he's there over Smith. I want nothing to do with smith. And hell no to Hernandez pulling. He's not a pulling guard. He's a lay u on ur ass guard at 340 pounds.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 09:01 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Things I would change is while I don't think Edmunds will be there edmunds if he's there over Smith. I want nothing to do with smith. And hell no to Hernandez pulling. He's not a pulling guard. He's a lay u on ur ass guard at 340 pounds.

He's a mauler, but he also pulls really really well. Something we haven't had in Cincy in a really long time. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 08:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Do you see Bozeman as a better prospect than frank ragnow or James Daniels or just project them as being gone by then?

Honestly, I think teams are going to see what Eflien did for Minnesota and I think the days of waiting on a C til the 4-5th round is over. I think the league is going away from "we can't draft this player until this round or spot" and its more of a get the best player available for a spot we need, much like the RB position. I think 4-5 C's go in the first 2-3 rounds this year. 

I also think Bozeman is much better than he gets credit for. He made all of the calls for Alabama and a team that the line dominated most games. Now he didn't do that by himself but he wasn't the weak link by any means. Plus I just really like his intelligence.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:06 AM)dr1441 Wrote: He's a mauler, but he also pulls really really well. Something we haven't had in Cincy in a really long time. 

Hernandez looks at his best when he doesn't pull. He's very good at firing off the line and using his size and power to control the guy in front of him it screams right guard.

Also Clint Boiling is a good pulling left guard...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Hernandez looks at his best when he doesn't pull. He's very good at firing off the line and using his size and power to control the guy in front of him it screams right guard.

Also Clint Boiling is a good pulling left guard...

We can agree to disagree on Boling. He's good in a phone booth, pulling has never been his strong suit to me. But we all like different things in guys. Hernandez has multiple plays where he pulled and was 20 yards downfield when you watch him on video. He is big, but very smooth feet. He wouldn't be pulling all that often, but when asked to, he is very good at it. 

Regardless, he is one of my favorite offensive lineman in the draft. Hell i'd be for them to take Brown in the 1st and Hernandez in the 2nd to add some much needed beef up front. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 04:02 PM)dr1441 Wrote: We can agree to disagree on Boling. He's good in a phone booth, pulling has never been his strong suit to me. But we all like different things in guys. Hernandez has multiple plays where he pulled and was 20 yards downfield when you watch him on video. He is big, but very smooth feet. He wouldn't be pulling all that often, but when asked to, he is very good at it. 

Regardless, he is one of my favorite offensive lineman in the draft. Hell i'd be for them to take Brown in the 1st and Hernandez in the 2nd to add some much needed beef up front. 

Wyatt Teller is a guy you should look at if you like Hernandez. They are very similar mauler with a wide body. I've mentioned him a few times as someone to look at because he will be a mid round solid right guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:06 AM)dr1441 Wrote: He's a mauler, but he also pulls really really well. Something we haven't had in Cincy in a really long time. 

Yep, when you get that much body mass going full speed, it's going to leave a mark upon collision.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bozeman looks like total dogshit at the senior bowl lmao

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 12:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Bozeman looks like total dogshit at the senior bowl lmao

I have a bunch who called him a day 1 winners, this guy has people so split it's insane. The guy was the 6th highest rated lineman in college football last season. This is why it isn't a science, because one guys dogshit is another guys winner haha.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 12:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Bozeman looks like total dogshit at the senior bowl lmao

From the stuff I have read on him, he's not fleet of foot, but has strong hands and once he get his hands on you, your toast. 
I gotta believe that working with NFL coaches for a week is not the best indicator of their talents. I know he anchored one of the best lines college and he wasn't the weak link. 
Reply/Quote
Some Bozeman Footage at senior bowl

https://youtu.be/8KA8nUyv_R8?t=1149

https://youtu.be/8KA8nUyv_R8?t=1290

these are just two examples I will get more vids up of him in a bit, but he gets blown up by speed and by power, just not impressed

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 01:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: Some Bozeman Footage at senior bowl

these are just two examples I will get more vids up of him in a bit, but he gets blown up by speed and by power, just not impressed

The first video isn't pretty for him, but in fairness, that was a hell of a spin move and he still semi recovered. 

The 2nd video, he actually won by that drills standards.
Reply/Quote
Agree with rounds 2-4.

I just can't see the Bengals taking a LB when they already have Burfict and Vigil. I think they like Vigil too much to bring in another guy and I think they like Jordan Evans enough to pass on LBs early.

Since the Bengals play so much nickel, I can't see them adding one at #12.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 01:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: Some Bozeman Footage at senior bowl

More impressive was Wynn, right after Bozeman, in the second video.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't think Hernandez is there anywhere near our pick in rd2.
Reply/Quote